Why it Matters: Energy

Why it Matters: Energy

There are 21 comments on the ABC News story from Oct 15, 2012, titled Why it Matters: Energy. In it, ABC News reports that:

Americans depend on energy for everything from driving their cars to powering factories, homes and offices - and of course our smartphones, laptops and tablets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
U isssso booteefool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#1 Oct 16, 2012
Robot! onleee ABC<----DE is not the triologeee!!;-000
Cracker

Festus, MO

#2 Oct 16, 2012
And the Obama administrations WAR on coal and oil is just another reason why Obama is a one term LOSER !
Obama sucks . Even if it takes twenty years, Obama will one day be tried for treason .
We are a country of LAWS . And this P.O.S. is NOT above the law !

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 16, 2012
Gubmint news from the gubmint news makers.
Solarman

Yucca Valley, CA

#4 Oct 16, 2012
"Romney pledges to make the U.S. independent of energy sources outside of North America by 2020, through more aggressive exploitation of domestic oil, gas, coal and other resources and quick approval of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to Texas. Obama blocked the pipeline because of environmental concerns but supports approval of a segment of it."

Not saying Obamarama has the answer, but for a businessman like Romney to say we can be independent of outside sources of energy by 2020 is suspicious at best. As businessmen the fossil fuel industry is in the habit of making the maximum profit for the minimum outlay of capital. With environmental laws and such in this country, it would be more profitable to ship their raw product overseas, where they are not spending money to meet some environmental mandate. The prime example is the price of gasoline in California due supposidly to the lack of additive reformulation from summer to winter gasoline blends. Other States of the union are not "blending" their gasoline in this manner,so you can not get additional supplies from other States when a shortage occurs. Right now diesel is cheaper than regular unleaded at the pump.
Gravediggers

Studio City, CA

#5 Oct 16, 2012
American depends on DANGEROUS countries in UNstable regions of the world for OUR ENERGY!

It is FINALLY time to make America ENERGY INdependent.

We can't keep depending on the Middle East, Hugo in Venezuela, Brazil....develop OUR OWN ENERGY, and put PEOPLE to work! People need to be EMPLOYED. Developing OUR own energy will put millions to work!

Developing alternative energy will take half a century or more....Americans can't wait that long.

NO in NOvember
NO to OWEbama

OWEbama has put made America fight with 1 arm behind its back.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 16, 2012
Moochelle knows what's coming. She is already packing her bags.
Romney v Valerie Jarett

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Oct 16, 2012
Solarman wrote:
"Romney pledges to make the U.S. independent of energy sources outside of North America by 2020, through more aggressive exploitation of domestic oil, gas, coal and other resources and quick approval of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to Texas. Obama blocked the pipeline because of environmental concerns but supports approval of a segment of it."
Not saying Obamarama has the answer, but for a businessman like Romney to say we can be independent of outside sources of energy by 2020 is suspicious at best. As businessmen the fossil fuel industry is in the habit of making the maximum profit for the minimum outlay of capital. With environmental laws and such in this country, it would be more profitable to ship their raw product overseas, where they are not spending money to meet some environmental mandate. The prime example is the price of gasoline in California due supposidly to the lack of additive reformulation from summer to winter gasoline blends. Other States of the union are not "blending" their gasoline in this manner,so you can not get additional supplies from other States when a shortage occurs. Right now diesel is cheaper than regular unleaded at the pump.
Solarman, you are OBVIOUSLY BIASED. You say you are a business man, I doubt it. You want the village idiot in chief to grant you more money from taxpayers. FORGET IT. Improve your solar products first to make it sensible for consumption before you try to sell it. Businesses who shouldn't be in business will not get far under Romney, but they will pocket grants on failed ideas with tax money and take off to Cayman Islands.

NO to welfare, and ineffective corporations like you.
NO to Solyndra.
NO to Obama 2012.
Romney v Valerie Jarett

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Oct 16, 2012
but they will pocket grants on failed ideas with tax money and take off to Cayman Islands.....under the Barack crony administration

Location hidden

#9 Oct 16, 2012
Govm't news never stops_Joseph Goebbels
KeepGitmoOpen

Bryn Mawr, PA

#10 Oct 16, 2012
Cracker wrote:
And the Obama administrations WAR on coal and oil is just another reason why Obama is a one term LOSER !
Obama sucks . Even if it takes twenty years, Obama will one day be tried for treason .
We are a country of LAWS . And this P.O.S. is NOT above the law !
Obama ran and promised Clean coal plants yet not one built in the USA i remember seeing Obama supports outside of the McCain/Palin rally i went to holding signs saying Obama is for clean coal. what a joke.

Ann

Jarrettsville, MD

#11 Oct 16, 2012
Solarman wrote:
Companies are already shipping oil overseas.
Allen

Selma, AL

#12 Oct 16, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
American depends on DANGEROUS countries in UNstable regions of the world for OUR ENERGY!
It is FINALLY time to make America ENERGY INdependent.
We can't keep depending on the Middle East, Hugo in Venezuela, Brazil....develop OUR OWN ENERGY, and put PEOPLE to work! People need to be EMPLOYED. Developing OUR own energy will put millions to work!
Developing alternative energy will take half a century or more....Americans can't wait that long.
NO in NOvember
NO to OWEbama
OWEbama has put made America fight with 1 arm behind its back.
Robme will say anything to get elected. He has no plan for energy independence. It definitely wont come by the end of the decade.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Oct 16, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Robme will say anything to get elected. He has no plan for energy independence. It definitely wont come by the end of the decade.
Duh.

LEFTY blowin' smoke as usual.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#14 Oct 16, 2012
President Barack Obama proposes an "all of the above" strategy that embraces traditional energy sources such as oil and coal, along with natural gas, nuclear power and renewable sources such as wind, solar and hydropower.

over 100 of the nations 500 coal-fired powerplants have been closed under obama...with 70 more slated for demise...

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#15 Oct 16, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Robme will say anything to get elected. He has no plan for energy independence. It definitely wont come by the end of the decade.
no...he has a plan. the problem here is...you have no clue!
Allen

Selma, AL

#16 Oct 16, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh.
LEFTY blowin' smoke as usual.
RIGHTIE.....LYING......AS USUAL !!!
Solarman

Yucca Valley, CA

#17 Oct 16, 2012
Romney v Valerie Jarett wrote:
<quoted text>
Solarman, you are OBVIOUSLY BIASED. You say you are a business man, I doubt it. You want the village idiot in chief to grant you more money from taxpayers. FORGET IT. Improve your solar products first to make it sensible for consumption before you try to sell it. Businesses who shouldn't be in business will not get far under Romney, but they will pocket grants on failed ideas with tax money and take off to Cayman Islands.
NO to welfare, and ineffective corporations like you.
NO to Solyndra.
NO to Obama 2012.
NO, Dumbazz, I didn't say I was a businessman. Improve YOUR comprehension first. Read and comprehend first, bust balls last. The PV solar on my roof has eliminated my monthly electric bill. The technology is valid, robust, and works very well when designed and installed correctly. YOU OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about solar, alternative energy and have done NOTHING to take responsibility for your own energy usage, good job.
U isssso booteefool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#18 Oct 16, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>RIGHTIE.....LYING..... .AS USUAL !!!
Lying is e virus! cancern can control buttt lying is no cure!! ;-000
Solarman

Yucca Valley, CA

#19 Oct 16, 2012
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>Companies are already shipping oil overseas.
Yes Ann, that would be my point. If the fossil fuel industry drills, digs, fracks more, they will send more out of the country. It will not guarantee that this country will be independent by 2020. The oil companies will be quite a bit wealthier.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Oct 16, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>RIGHTIE.....LYING..... .AS USUAL !!!
Hey LEFTY.

I have heard and read Romney's plan...I can as HANDLER permission not required as in your case.

The reason you say he hasn't any is because your HANDLERS dn't ALLOW you to know.

You dwell in the Lib. " Information vacuum" .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Renewable Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Floridians with Solar Inverters had Electricity... 3 hr a_visitor 16
Oro Blanco fuel the deceptive video on New "Whi... 9 hr Quisno Rodonovich 6
News Energy Dept. Pledges $32 Million For Grid Resil... 13 hr Solarman 1
News Why Energy Storage Will Be a Boon for Residenti... Sun Solarman 1
News Trade panel says low-cost solar imports hurt US... Sun Dee Dee Dee 10
News Al Gore warns that Trump is ignoring weather ap... Sun Patriot AKA Bozo 224
News GCC's 50th Anniversary Fall Fest and homecoming... Sat Go trump 1
More from around the web