Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'pro...

Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations' in Russia

There are 305 comments on the Canada.com story from Jun 30, 2013, titled Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations' in Russia. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Temperatures are on the rise in B.C. but don't sweat it, there's plenty you can do to cool down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Jul 1, 2013
Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
And perhaps you can keep your head in the sand about life around you?
I am very open minded. Who cares what anyone else is doing in the privacy of their bedroom? The point is we all have a basic right to be left alone. Keep it in the closet where it belongs.

Sexuality does not belong in the public square.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#24 Jul 1, 2013
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very open minded. Who cares what anyone else is doing in the privacy of their bedroom? The point is we all have a basic right to be left alone. Keep it in the closet where it belongs.
Sexuality does not belong in the public square.
Take a look around your square. Are women wearing dresses or trousers? THAT is cultural "sexuality". Couples walking arm in arm? That too. Women wearing lipstick? Same thing. Wedding couples? How about love stories on TV? Doesn't the hero get the girl in movies? Songs on the radio? Use of Mr. and Mrs.? Isn't sex used to sell almost everything? Isn't the big gossip right now that Putin is splitting from his wife? That he has a girl on the side? Doesn't anybody go out in public on dates?

Sexuality is EVERYWHERE.

This is repressionism.

Location hidden

#25 Jul 1, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Imagine having to know the sex of a chair before you can talk about it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#26 Jul 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine having to know the sex of a chair before you can talk about it.

In civilised languages most things as well as people, are either masculine or feminine.

Only in uncivilised languages such as those anglo saxons speak, the refinements of language are missing.

Location hidden

#27 Jul 1, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
In civilised languages most things as well as people, are either masculine or feminine.
Only in uncivilised languages such as those anglo saxons speak, the refinements of language are missing.
It's civilized to think that a chair has a sex?

Worried that the chair might be offended?

Location hidden

#28 Jul 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's civilized to think that a chair has a sex?
Worried that the chair might be offended?

I explained the intricate refinements of language, obviously something you don't understand.

Location hidden

#30 Jul 1, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
I explained the intricate refinements of language, obviously something you don't understand.
You "explained" nothing. Even vocabulary eludes you. lol

Try Linguistics, Cultural Anthropology 1A, Social Psychology, and Socio-Linguistics. That should prep you to almost keep up in a Graduate Seminars course in the Semiotics of Socio-Political Development.

Pverkhostnik !

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Since: Oct 12

Rostov-na-Donu

#31 Jul 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom is for everyone.
Gays not support to me and other geterosexuals. Why I need support gays??

Location hidden

#32 Jul 2, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
<quoted text>Gays not support to me and other geterosexuals. Why I need support gays??
Do you need our support for something? What is that?

It is sad that you do not visit the United States. There would be some that disturbs you. Some that confuses you. But you don't have any way to know gay people who are Free people.

Have you read about Martin Luther King, Jr., and his work for Equal Rights and Equal Access for African-American Citizens? Did you know that one of the most important minds that organized things for him, and taught him politics was Bayard Rustin ... a gay man.

Did you know that the man who broke the NAZI "Enigma Code", and created the concept of the computer you are using was Alan Turing ... a gay man.

The list is very long.

Gay people who are not forced to live in the gutter and kicked like dogs contribute very much. Gay people whose spirits have not been twisted by persecution, and exploitation, from childhood are very creative, generous and giving people.

Real morality is far more than obedience to rules, or conformity to herd thinking.

Rostov-na-Donu

#33 Jul 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that you do not visit the United States. There would be some that disturbs you. Some that confuses you. But you don't have any way to know gay people who are Free people...
I incorrectly wrote. The question is: "Why should I support gay?" I'm not gay, and I support people like me. Exclusively only gays have separated themselves from the rest of the people. Russia is a free country. We will not have to minority dictate its will on the majority. When a minority dictates its will on the majority is a violation of the principles of democracy. America is a nation of gays?
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read about Martin Luther King, Jr., and his work for Equal Rights and Equal Access for African-American Citizens? Did you know that one of the most important minds that organized things for him, and taught him politics was Bayard Rustin ... a gay man.
Did you know that the man who broke the NAZI "Enigma Code", and created the concept of the computer you are using was Alan Turing ... a gay man.
The list is very long.
Gay people who are not forced to live in the gutter and kicked like dogs contribute very much. Gay people whose spirits have not been twisted by persecution, and exploitation, from childhood are very creative, generous and giving people.
Real morality is far more than obedience to rules, or conformity to herd thinking.
Yes, absolutely. But these people didn't go to the parade with painted lips, they were investigating the case. These people are good only their works, not the what that they were gay. I'm clear so write? True morality is first of all modesty. People showing their sexual problems are completely immoral.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Jul 2, 2013
surprised bathhouse barry hasn't offered all the gay russians amnesty to immigrate.

Location hidden

#35 Jul 2, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
<quoted text>I incorrectly wrote. The question is: "Why should I support gay?" I'm not gay, and I support people like me. Exclusively only gays have separated themselves from the rest of the people. Russia is a free country. We will not have to minority dictate its will on the majority. When a minority dictates its will on the majority is a violation of the principles of democracy. America is a nation of gays?
<quoted text>
Yes, absolutely. But these people didn't go to the parade with painted lips, they were investigating the case. These people are good only their works, not the what that they were gay. I'm clear so write? True morality is first of all modesty. People showing their sexual problems are completely immoral.
There is much history and culture behind what you are seeing. You do not understand what you see because you do not know the history.

To someone who does not know the history, Orthodox people appear to stand for a very long time, bend over much, wave their hand very much, wear silly clothes, and kiss badly-drawn cartoons. The Chinese describe Orthodox singing as cows moaning in the barn.

Things are not always as they appear to those who do not know the history.
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#36 Jul 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that you do not visit the United States. There would be some that disturbs you. Some that confuses you. But you don't have any way to know gay people who are Free people.
The list is very long.
Homosexauls are sick people.
They are pludge of Humanity.
They deserve only Capital Panishmant for there Evil and Coruption.

Long live NORMAN People!

Location hidden

#37 Jul 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You "explained" nothing. Even vocabulary eludes you. lol
Try Linguistics, Cultural Anthropology 1A, Social Psychology, and Socio-Linguistics. That should prep you to almost keep up in a Graduate Seminars course in the Semiotics of Socio-Political Development.
Pverkhostnik !

Just shows what a dumbass you are, when you can't get to grips with masculine and feminine. Hehehehe.

Rostov-na-Donu

#38 Jul 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There is much history and culture behind what you are seeing. You do not understand what you see because you do not know the history.
To someone who does not know the history, Orthodox people appear to stand for a very long time, bend over much, wave their hand very much, wear silly clothes, and kiss badly-drawn cartoons. The Chinese describe Orthodox singing as cows moaning in the barn.
Things are not always as they appear to those who do not know the history.
Culture in history peoples do not make with helping pennis and annus. History of World and Culture of World made with help only hands, heads and hearts.=)
I know history. Trust me. Not only gays know history.))

Location hidden

#39 Jul 3, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
<quoted text>Culture in history peoples do not make with helping pennis and annus. History of World and Culture of World made with help only hands, heads and hearts.=)
I know history. Trust me. Not only gays know history.))
You just committed a type of "Red Herring" fallacy called "Straw Man".

We were discussing parades and lipstick. It is THAT history under discussion. You ignore the subject of discussion and shifted to another topic that you believe you can win. It doesn't work even of itself, because the term "gay" refers equally to lesbians.

Back to the parades.

The "PRIDE" parade celebrates OUR Kirovskiy Zavod moment in 1969.

Those among the gay Citizens who had been working for improved treatment, the "leaders", did not like the "drag queens" because they gave a bad public image.(Most gay people do not like to dress as women. Some for costume parties. A few do so professionally for comedy entertainment).

At the Stonewall Inn in 1969, it was these rejected gay people, the lowest of the low in many people's minds, who were first to stand up and say "No more!". What "the leaders" could not make happen, the most rejected DID. These men in dresses resisted police injustice and started an uprising that lasted 3 days. That was "Stonewall" ... our "PRIDE DAY".

Because it was these men wearing women's clothes who had the courage to do what the rest did not have the courage to do, "drag queens" will always be remembered at every "PRIDE" celebration. The rest is just Carnival silliness.

Psalom 118:22
"Kamen, kotoryy otvergli stroiteli stalo krayeugol'nym kamnem"
Vasiliy Terkin

Klimovsk, Russia

#40 Jul 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been trained for a millennium to worship the strongman.
They are a nation of "bottoms". having their dog collars tightened makes them feel secure.
If anything, the history of humanity is mostly a history of tyrany. europe had become democratic relatively recently. And we can see how Europe is decaying now. white European people are being replace with Asian and African people, which are traditional people, unlike Europeans and when they will finally take over Europe they will enforce the same legislation that Putin is currently making in Russia.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#41 Jul 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look around your square. Are women wearing dresses or trousers? THAT is cultural "sexuality". Couples walking arm in arm? That too. Women wearing lipstick? Same thing. Wedding couples? How about love stories on TV? Doesn't the hero get the girl in movies? Songs on the radio? Use of Mr. and Mrs.? Isn't sex used to sell almost everything? Isn't the big gossip right now that Putin is splitting from his wife? That he has a girl on the side? Doesn't anybody go out in public on dates?

Sexuality is EVERYWHERE.

This is repressionism.
In the USA women rarely wear skirts or dresses anymore. Jeans and other trousers are much more common. Your point?

You throw up one red herring after another.

AS for sex selling everything I will point out those ads showing male and female models posing together in various stages of undress appeal mainly to bisexuals... not heterosexuals.

But a Victoria's Secret catalog is not really about sexuality. Not in the way a copy of Penthouse is. Sexuality is about the sex act. That is what we have a right to not have thrown in our face. If someone (someone normal anyway) gets married that is a good thing. If they feel the need to tell me their sexual preferences and what they did on the honeymoon... that is a violation of my right to be left alone.

As for women wearing makeup, lipstick and getting all dolled up... they do that mainly to please other women... heterosexual men as a species are far less critical.

Location hidden

#42 Jul 3, 2013
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
In the USA women rarely wear skirts or dresses anymore. Jeans and other trousers are much more common. Your point?
You throw up one red herring after another.
AS for sex selling everything I will point out those ads showing male and female models posing together in various stages of undress appeal mainly to bisexuals... not heterosexuals.
But a Victoria's Secret catalog is not really about sexuality. Not in the way a copy of Penthouse is. Sexuality is about the sex act. That is what we have a right to not have thrown in our face. If someone (someone normal anyway) gets married that is a good thing. If they feel the need to tell me their sexual preferences and what they did on the honeymoon... that is a violation of my right to be left alone.
As for women wearing makeup, lipstick and getting all dolled up... they do that mainly to please other women... heterosexual men as a species are far less critical.
Your definition of "sexuality" is incorrect. In the Social Sciences, the term refers to all manifestations of gender, however expressed. A totality.

"Penthouse" is voyeuristic eroticism; both expressions of "sexuality".

The key is in "-ality" suffix.

You can draw any distinctions you wish, but "sexuality" was coined as a part of the professional vocabulary of the Social Sciences. That others misuse or confuse the term colloquially does not alter it's specific denotation.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#43 Jul 3, 2013
The Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexauls are sick people.
They are pludge of Humanity.
They deserve only Capital Panishmant for there Evil and Coruption.
Long live NORMAN People!
Nazis used to be better spellers. You're dumb, even for a Nazi.
YOU are the scourge of humanity (what the hell is a "pludge"?)
There's nothing evil, or corrupt, about people God chose to make gay.

EVERY credible scientific, mental health, and medical authority the world over...every single one...confirms it's perfectly normal for some people to be gay. It was proven they are not "sick" before you were born.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nuclear Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Public Input Sought For Concrete Erosion Plan A... Mar 15 h sevigny 1
News A Physicist and Possible Adviser to Trump Descr... Mar 6 Into The Night 28
News Ukraine, Korea mark silver jubilee of diplomacy Feb '17 UKRAINE WINS THE ... 1
News Thousands of Fukushima evacuees face hardship a... Feb '17 CANCERSIDASPANDAE... 66
News The state of residential solar power Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Solar incentive program in cross hairs this leg... Jan '17 Solarman 1
News China to help build 2 Pakistan nuclear plants (Oct '08) Jan '17 Glowing Phart 255
More from around the web