Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'pro...

Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations' in Russia

There are 305 comments on the Canada.com story from Jun 30, 2013, titled Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations' in Russia. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Temperatures are on the rise in B.C. but don't sweat it, there's plenty you can do to cool down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

harold

UK

#274 Jul 14, 2013
Good for Putin. Russians need to breed!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#275 Jul 14, 2013
M_A_X_I_M wrote:
<quoted text>
Optical coaxial cable is also homosexual's invention?
I have no idea. Room? Any help?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#276 Jul 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
SHHH ! Here's a secret. All nouns are actually verbs.
Well there goes my next big announcement!

LOL!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#277 Jul 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one of those disciplines that crosses boundaries, but a "hard science"? How does one apply predictive hypotheses and empirical testing in Geography?
I stand humbly corrected and chastised. My thanks my friend. If I had sleep over the last 48 hours I probably would have thought of that.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#278 Jul 14, 2013
harold wrote:
Good for Putin. Russians need to breed!
Guess that's why they have their version of Chippendale dancers stripping for children on Youth Day!

I'm not making this up!

Russian own officials hire male strippers for Day of Youth celebration

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2013/07/02/Russia...

Yup naked men will sure make those boys hot for the girls!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#279 Jul 14, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
To Snyper. Geography is a branch of natural science. To academical science does not apply. Computer invented not Turing. In the USSR in 1928 Vladimir Lukyanov made the world's first analog computer.(Hydro calculator). In 1930 Vannevar Bush made his analog computer (mechanical integrating machine). In 1935 Lukyanov's computer was modernized and became the conveyer production. In 1950 Phillips made his Hidro Computer to on the basis of Soviet design. In 1968 Gorohov Arseniy Anatolievich has received the copyright certificate &#8470; 383005 "programmable device". This was the world's first digital computer. Protocomputer.
Yes, Geography does cross over into the Natural Sciences.

So where is your "IBM", "Sun", "Apple", "Intel", "AMD",...?

Regarding "the world's first analog computer", your list omits to mention the abacus, followed by the "antikythera mechanism", the "Babbage Difference Engine", the James and Kelvin Thomson's "Integrating Machine" and "Tide Predictor", the Ford improvements, various ballistic calculators during WWI, and the Metropolitan Vickers "Difference Calculator".

I was unaware of a couple of the names you listed.

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Since: Oct 12

Rostov-na-Donu

#280 Jul 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Geography does cross over into the Natural Sciences.
So where is your "IBM", "Sun", "Apple", "Intel", "AMD",...?
Was not such in the USSR. Were "Iskra", "Korvet", "Agat", "BK0010", etc. and a number of large computers for computer centers. We have very smart people, but it was very conservative leadership. It was believed that an ordinary Soviet man luxury items are not needed.=) Soviet man need a book, culture, free medical care, education, and recreation on the black sea coast. And nothing more. Russian computers were all in military and space industry.

I want read about people whom you have named and their equipment. Show to me good links about they, please.

Location hidden

#281 Jul 15, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
<quoted text>Was not such in the USSR. Were "Iskra", "Korvet", "Agat", "BK0010", etc. and a number of large computers for computer centers. We have very smart people, but it was very conservative leadership. It was believed that an ordinary Soviet man luxury items are not needed.=) Soviet man need a book, culture, free medical care, education, and recreation on the black sea coast. And nothing more. Russian computers were all in military and space industry.
I want read about people whom you have named and their equipment. Show to me good links about they, please.
Start with Wikipedia. Seriously. Then consult the reference links at the bottom of each article. That's where to START.

Location hidden

#282 Jul 15, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea. Room? Any help?
There were gay people working for ATC, DARPA and Corning Glass Lab at the time of each innovation, so participation is possible. Actual "invention", though ... None of the names on record ring a bell.

Location hidden

#283 Jul 15, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
<quoted text>Was not such in the USSR. Were "Iskra", "Korvet", "Agat", "BK0010", etc. and a number of large computers for computer centers. We have very smart people, but it was very conservative leadership. It was believed that an ordinary Soviet man luxury items are not needed.=) Soviet man need a book, culture, free medical care, education, and recreation on the black sea coast. And nothing more. Russian computers were all in military and space industry.
Use the English Language Wiki, then translate to Russian.

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Since: Oct 12

Rostov-na-Donu

#284 Jul 15, 2013
Wiki? Uahahah!=)) Thanks never. BTW, English Wiki most better Russian.

Location hidden

#285 Jul 15, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
Wiki? Uahahah!=)) Thanks never. BTW, English Wiki most better Russian.
Take a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mech...

and think again about Wiki.

It's time to demonstrate how to make Rayon, then carbon fibre.

Busy day.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#286 Jul 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mech...
and think again about Wiki.
It's time to demonstrate how to make Rayon, then carbon fibre.
Busy day.
Sounds like it will be.

Now I can't help wondering if any of the people who criticize your intellectualism can do those two things as well as you can!

Oh and I'm liking what I see happening between you and Leonid-Rostow Well reasoned dialogue and respect goes a long way as the two of you are showing. I hope both of you keep up the example for others to follow.

Getting past the trash talk is the best way to begin understanding between two people as the ttwo of you have shown by example.

My thanks to both of you.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

#287 Jul 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There were gay people working for ATC, DARPA and Corning Glass Lab at the time of each innovation, so participation is possible. Actual "invention", though ... None of the names on record ring a bell.
Your point? No one has ever had a problem with gay people.

The issue is our basic right to privacy and our right to be left alone. Folks need to keep their sexuality out of the workplace. I do not wish to hear about your "husband" or the little boys the two of you are trying to "adopt".

Perhaps you should return to your closet? What is done in the privacy of your bedroom is nobody's business. So long as you are not humping one another in public restrooms or something...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#288 Jul 15, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is our basic right to privacy and our right to be left alone. Folks need to keep their sexuality out of the workplace. I do not wish to hear about your "husband" or the little boys the two of you are trying to "adopt".
Perhaps you should return to your closet? What is done in the privacy of your bedroom is nobody's business. So long as you are not humping one another in public restrooms or something...
Interesting. You want to ban marriage form the work place and married people from working.

That should solve the deficit in a hurry!

LMAO!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#289 Jul 15, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you introduce your parents you aren't discussing what they do in bed? You aren't advertising their sex life?

When you have the boss over is your wife allowed to be there or do make sure she is there so you can flaunt your sex life to him and everyone you work with?

You all say marriage is about family values but then turn around make is just about what you do in bed.

Congratulations. You just basically said there is no legal reason for people to marry. To YOU, Marriage is just sex.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#290 Jul 15, 2013
I'm relieved that most Russians know marriage is about a lot more than just sex.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

#291 Jul 15, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. You want to ban marriage form the work place and married people from working.

That should solve the deficit in a hurry!

LMAO!
If I am going for a job interview it is none of the company's business whether I am married. That has no bearings whatsoever on my qualifications.

The way to get rid of the deficit is to dump Obama. He is pretty much a Reagan/Bush clone. Cluelessly running up the national debt.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

#292 Jul 15, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>So when you introduce your parents you aren't discussing what they do in bed? You aren't advertising their sex life?

When you have the boss over is your wife allowed to be there or do make sure she is there so you can flaunt your sex life to him and everyone you work with?

You all say marriage is about family values but then turn around make is just about what you do in bed.

Congratulations. You just basically said there is no legal reason for people to marry. To YOU, Marriage is just sex.
I fail to see a connection. Folks having wives and kids does not tell you anything about their sex lives. Bisexuals far outnumber gays.

Marriage is also about adoption and immigration. Once the pervs are allowed to import "husbands" and little boys from overseas...
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#293 Jul 15, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot dudes I know and women I know have pictures of their opposite sex spouses on their desks and even pictures of their kids. While I was going to see World War Z, there was a preview for one of many terrible Rom-Coms that exist out there that just happen to be centered around heterosexuals. Currently, my ipod is full of songs that center around a man's love of a woman, with some songs even being named after heterosexual women. Alison, Layla, Melissa, and so on. This idea that heterosexuals keep to themselves while homosexual parade their bedrooms across the streets is pure garbage. You've just not aware of the double standard that exists. It's similar to how I've seen some white people react to a friend of mine, when he speaks Punjabi, his native tongue. They assumed he was "ruining America", not recognizing how they and this guy are constantly surrounded by people that speak English and sadly only English.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nuclear Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duke Energy nixes nuclear plant, will invest $6... Sep 1 Solarman 1
News Trump administration's nuclear energy plans han... Sep 1 Bdv 3
News Feds accept new info on planned nuclear-waste b... Jun '17 HealthRanger 2
News Solar incentive program in cross hairs this leg... (Jan '17) Jun '17 Land of Lakes 2
News Miss USA is Kara McCullough, a chemist with the... May '17 SadButTrue 1
News Africa can be a leader in renewable energy - Bi... May '17 Solarman 1
News Electric Grid Study Ordered by U.S. Energy Chie... Apr '17 Solarman 1
More from around the web