Nuclear energy causes global warming

Nuclear energy causes global warming

There are 120 comments on the Tehran Times story from Jul 24, 2010, titled Nuclear energy causes global warming. In it, Tehran Times reports that:

We need energy to heat our homes and provide electricity for our appliances. Most commonly in our world, coal, oil, natural gas, and radioactive materials, especially the heavy metal, Uranium, supply our energy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tehran Times.

neighbour

Okotoks, Canada

#41 Aug 1, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Samual Johnson was an american and as I have pointed out, American misspellings are where the error ORIGINATED.

I know I promised to end this, but this is too much. I'm shaking my head in disbelief as I type. Samuel Johnson was the 18th century English essayist who compiled the first English dictionary. Dr Johnson is an extremely famous name in British literature. He's also one of the best sources of sardonic British quotes that you're likely to find.

An American gentleman by the name of Webster, produced the first American dictionary not long after Johnson's. The two writers applied different rules to spelling, but the "...our" vs "...or" difference doesn't apply to the word forty. Sorry, but it doesn't.

I'll try again to stay off this topic.
frank miller

United States

#42 Aug 1, 2010
Addition to my #38 post: "...RAIN-CLOUDS, thus causing on the average 2 indigenous native babies to die every hour from thirst, bacteria, and parasite dysentry..."
F.M.
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#43 Aug 1, 2010
neighbour wrote:
I know I promised to end this, but this is too much. I'm shaking my head in disbelief as I type. Samuel Johnson was the 18th century English essayist who compiled the first English dictionary. Dr Johnson is an extremely famous name in British literature. He's also one of the best sources of sardonic British quotes that you're likely to find.
LessFact is unbelievable, reminiscent of a Monty Python sketch.
He spelt Samuel Johnson's first name, "Samual" and didn't even know his nationality???
neighbour wrote:
An American gentleman by the name of Webster, produced the first American dictionary not long after Johnson's.
To save LessFact from being confused here5207, Johnson produced an English dictionary.
neighbour wrote:
The two writers applied different rules to spelling, but the "...our" vs "...or" difference doesn't apply to the word forty. Sorry, but it doesn't.
Why be sorry about telling the truth?
neighbour wrote:
I'll try again to stay off this topic.
I wouldn't blame you if you did, but I'll link to Johnson's life story, just in case LessFact decides it's still possible to learn:
http://kirjasto.sci.fi/samuelj.htm
frank miller

United States

#44 Aug 1, 2010
Outraged answer to 'neighbour Okotoks, Canada #41': "...I'll try again to stay off this topic.{sic. forty vs fourty, color vs colour, odor vs odour, tyres {GB} versus tires {US}..my #2 post on this Thread.." and your unconscionable other 3 off-topic imbecile TROLLING co-horts,'Earthling','Brian G' and 'LessHypeMoreFact' OVERT attempts to distance and distract perhaps very-interested Domestic, and International Science savy, and lay-technical Topix readers/editors AWAY from all my candid in novel, clear, cogent, and concise answers to any last 2.5 years ~35 to 40 Threads CO2AGW topics you people pro/con contradictory criticize novel, but well University Chemistry/Physics/Biology/news papers articles Texts books {not ambiguous http souces} referenced AGW/AGC concepts disagree with!
God what a bunch of non-scientifically credentialed to boot creeps, you all are!
F.M.
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#45 Aug 1, 2010
So what do you think, frank miller, pick a number:
-
1. Fourty
-
2. Forty.
frank miller

United States

#46 Aug 1, 2010
What do you think is funny, my #21 post pre-warned FBI World/ Security risk, continuing insolent retarded trolling CRETIN 'Earthling #45' about my outraged #44 paragraph? sic. " Malicious papering is to scientific obfuscation; what fillibusting is to legislative polarization. "
How many times, you frigging imbecile have you
read me say that, these past 2.5 years? Hey cowardly Internet bully? Don't show 'bragadocio'
Earthling, when your 'fourty' double-digit emotional IQ belies your total lack of self esteem, which even deserved insults won't increase!
Now get off this Thread, moron!
F.M.
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#47 Aug 1, 2010
Got it, Frankie, so you think fourty is the way to go.
Just checking, sorry to say you're wrong though.
Have a nice day or whatever.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#48 Aug 1, 2010
frank miller wrote:
... Hey ARSHOLE, Brian G!!?? That's an experiment for you, hey prick, of accelerated Desertification climate change, AGW!!F.M.
How is that an experiment?

Never mind, I'd rather wind Franky up, about is mindless support of carbon taxes...
frank miller

United States

#49 Aug 1, 2010
You frigging lying SOB, God if you're indeed a perhaps active or retired Lawyer lobbyist consultant, as indicated in previous CO2AGW 2009 Topix Threads, for the Oil Industry,'Brian G Schwabach, Bavaria, Germany #48, I'd have you
disbarred for intellectual dishonesty! For you know very well, that I was perhaps the one after the Spring 2009 passed Waxman/Markey [D-CA/D-MA}
Energy conservation/Climate-change..A GW/AGC mitigations/adaptations/remedi es Bill, following
the 2007 G.W. Bush [R-TX} Administration mandated 35 mpg. CAFE std. by 2016, welcomed by both Oil Companies, and Detroit, WHO discouraged the OTC
doom-and-gloom Energy Hedgefunds/Derivatives speculative trading of per/tons CO2 cap-and-trades
for Forestation/Forest conservation { construction timber/paper pulp cellulose} caveats, in favor of the revised Summer of 2009 Senate Boxer/Kerry [D-CA/D-MA} adjunct Bill, deleting the speculative OTC traded C&T's of the House Bill, for per tons of CO2, in equivalent gallons of gasoline, tons of coal, and millions of cubic feet of natural heating/cooking gas {CH4} starting combustion reactans, levies of about $14 to $24 per tons/CO2 emmisions, from Barbara Boxer's 2500 main fossil fuel users, calcining cement compounders, power companies, metal smelters, etc... suggested 'carbon taxes', with NO speculative
Wall Street futures trading!!
I even suggested numerous times, that these 2500
very important to our Economy fossil fuels burners, can write off on April 15th, coal, oil, natural gas very legal raw materials depletion allowances, so as NOT to pass on levies to the already strapped American home electricity consumers, and small/medium/large businesses, monthly energy bills!
Legal because non-depleting SUN, WIND, WATER HYDRO, and breeder Pu239 Nuclear Plants reactor piles, cannot write off, as those modes of energy are not obviously being depleted!!
F.M.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#50 Aug 1, 2010
neighbour wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops. You are correct. My apologies. I must have confused him with some other person or combination of persons.

However, you do not show that HE has written a dictionary in which Fourty is spelled forty.

So...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#51 Aug 1, 2010
By the way. I assume he also spelled Forscore and Forteen? Not to mention Too Plus Too equals For..

What a maroon..

It is possilbe that he was the originator of the U.S. misspelling as his dictionary would have been the primary reference in the colonies.

He also seems to have a few issues with other words. i.e.

"Excise: a hateful tax levied upon commodities and adjudged not by the common judges of property but wretches hired by those to whom excise is paid"

"Lexicographer: a writer of dictionaries; a harmless drudge that busies himself in tracing the original and detailing the signification of words"

"Oats: a grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people"

Something of an amateur but first in his field.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#52 Aug 1, 2010
Forskin?
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#53 Aug 1, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
By the way. I assume he also spelled Forscore and Forteen? Not to mention Too Plus Too equals For..
“When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.”
~ Oscar Wilde on Assumption"
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
It is [possilbe] that he was the originator of the U.S. misspelling as his dictionary would have been the primary reference in the colonies.
Smugness is unbecoming in a colonial such as yourself, whilst your ignorance is perfectly understandable.
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#54 Aug 1, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Ooops. You are correct. My apologies. I must have confused him with some other person or combination of persons.
Not the first time you've been confused and probably not the last.
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
However, you do not show that HE has written a dictionary in which Fourty is spelled forty.
So...
Would sight of his dictionary convince you?
Probably not, neither do quotes from another well known book, do they?
-
(Gen 7:12 KJV) "And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights."
(Gen 8:6 KJV) "And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:"
(Gen 50:3 KJV) "And forty days were fulfilled for him; for so are fulfilled the days of those which are embalmed: and the Egyptians mourned for him threescore and ten days."
(Exo 24:18 KJV) "And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights."
(Exo 34:28-29 KJV) "And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments."
(Deu 10:10 NIV) "Now I had stayed on the mountain forty days and nights, as I did the first time, and the LORD listened to me at this time also. It was not his will to destroy you."
(Exo 34:29 KJV) "And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him."
(Num 13:25 KJV) "And they returned from searching of the land after forty days."
-
Those quotes and others mentioning the word forty can be found here:
http://www.40day.com/40_in_the_bible.html
frank miller

United States

#55 Aug 2, 2010
One, two, three, four [not for}, five, six.. Forty is correct! My point being, IDIOTS, is that this is not a Topix abstract on word roots! But on the effect of waste heat from Nuclear power plants, and any intelligent reader, gives allowances for the writer's often 'phonetics' way of spelling! We technical writers don't have time to go to a dictionary, or use 'spell-check', especially if we are writing 100, or 200 words, without the luxury of an Editor, as many times, when I have double-checked a chemical equation, in text book, taking time, I return and fill-in the
4 digits number, ONLY to find the entire passage
to have been erased!!
Potato..potatoe Tomato..tomatoe, find someone who cares, childish TROLLS!!
F.M.
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#56 Aug 2, 2010
frank miller wrote:
Forty is correct!
At last, a convert.
One down, two more to go.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#57 Aug 2, 2010
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the first time you've been confused and probably not the last.
Well, there is at least one U.S. "Samuel L Jackson". I believe he is in movies so his name would be well linked to the USA. I could not have known you were referring to some 18th century character, though perhaps I should have.
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>
Would sight of his dictionary convince you?
Not unless you can prove that HE didn't mispell it. As I said, the U.S. mispelling was PROBABLY due to copying his amateurish mistake.

http://www.archive.org/stream/dictionaryofeng...

My point is that dictionaries are the product of the epystimologist and he showed a lot of amateurishness. Being first is NOT the same as being right. First is actually often the worst and corrected in later drafts. I am still trying to find an online reference to say a Canadian dictionary from before the advent of MS-Word.
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not, neither do quotes from another well known book, do they?
Are you trying to convince me that the bible was written in American English?? Your logic processes are kind of hard to fathom. The spell checker used on the 'translation' would probably be MS-Word in any recent publication.. You seem bent on projecting modern American usage domination as if the Internet can 'revise' history.

But all this is STILL a distraction.
neighbour

Okotoks, Canada

#58 Aug 2, 2010
Frank Miller is right, this off-topic line has become excessive.

LessHype, if you want to continue I've posted the question on the Topix education forum, thread title "40 alternate spelling"

http://www.topix.com/education
frank miller

United States

#59 Aug 2, 2010
'Neighbour Okotocks, Canada #58' get a GED first, before you spread your equivocating ignorance VIRUS
to other HTTP sites, http.com/education ! I tell you, next time I'll write my posts in Spanish, Chinese, German, French, etc.. and that will get
rid of your idiotic obsession with the number 40, and all it's declining 'o''ou' versions! See that is the way a real down to earth Scientist thinks! Just change the frame of reference, and it all goes away, and we can all move on!!
F.M.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#60 Aug 2, 2010
neighbour wrote:
Frank Miller is right, this off-topic line has become excessive.
long ago. But if he doesn't post crap on syntax or spelling it will be some OTHER distraction.
neighbour wrote:
LessHype, if you want to continue I've posted the question on the Topix education forum, thread title "40 alternate spelling"
http://www.topix.com/education
You cannot stop trolling by going away. He will just do the same thing on whomever replaces my posts.

The point is that I learned 'correct English spelling' very well and will use it even if MS-word takes over the rest of the world. SOMEONE has to maintain their integrity from these 'revisonists'.

It is part of the reason I post corrections to the AGW denial crap they post. I won't put up with their distortions and distractions there either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nuclear Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 100% renewable energy worldwide isn't just poss... Feb 9 Solarman 3
News Utility mega-deal threatens renewable energy gr... Feb 7 Solarman 7
News The future of nuclear power? Think small, look ... Feb 3 Solarman 1
News It's time to go nuclear in the fight against cl... Jan 28 BDV 5
News Georgia, Facing 'Difficult Dilemma,' Keeps Nucl... Jan 28 BDV 2
News Betraying Ratepayers and Clean Energy Future, G... Jan 28 BDV 5
News Town divided over plan to store nuclear waste n... Dec '17 maybe not 4 long 1
More from around the web