LaSalle County nuclear plant went off...

LaSalle County nuclear plant went offline after lightning strike

There are 1 comment on the Daily Chronicle story from Apr 18, 2013, titled LaSalle County nuclear plant went offline after lightning strike. In it, Daily Chronicle reports that:

MARSEILLES – The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission says a lightning strike knocked out power to a northern Illinois nuclear plant for several hours Wednesday night, but emergency generators kicked in to keep the site running.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Chronicle.

Steven Groves

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 19, 2013
Whoa - close call there, but not at all necessary in this day and age when technology exists to minimize or even avoid a strike like this.

A company that has been around for 40 years has patented technology that prevents this kind of occurrence. Check out LightningProtection.com

I do not work for them, but I know about them and admire the work they do around the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nuclear Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miss USA is Kara McCullough, a chemist with the... May 16 SadButTrue 1
News Africa can be a leader in renewable energy - Bi... May 6 Solarman 1
News Electric Grid Study Ordered by U.S. Energy Chie... Apr '17 Solarman 1
mentalist yvette predicted 911 10 years prior g... Apr '17 NSA 1
wwiii predicted and muke part 1 yr mentalist ... Apr '17 NSA 1
News This One Weird Thing Predicted If Your County V... Apr '17 Gotti 25
News Energy bill could raise electric rates Apr '17 Solarman 1
More from around the web