Oregon dam removal debate sometimes ugly

Oregon dam removal debate sometimes ugly

There are 5 comments on the Statesman Journal story from Nov 5, 2011, titled Oregon dam removal debate sometimes ugly. In it, Statesman Journal reports that:

KLAMATH FALLS - An elderly man approached Jeff Mitchell, a Klamath Tribes member, last month after a tense public meeting about dam removal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesman Journal.

Glades

Mccleary, WA

#1 Nov 5, 2011
What do they expect? They lied to everyone just to have it passed. Mazama crap farm is not worth my treaty rights
Bend Over

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 6, 2011
Dr jeffyll and Mrs Hyde! What a monster they've created! Your gonna pay for taking debait!
While the man who took the fishing lures out of Bi mart goes free!!!!
I am

Longview, WA

#3 Nov 6, 2011
Not saying I have the answers, by no means, but it seems to me if EVERYONE puts the needs of all of our land and animals and what's BEST for our MOTHER EARTH than how could we possiably go wrong , don't you all agree ??
I mean

Longview, WA

#4 Nov 6, 2011
Put the needs of our MOTHER EARTH first we only have one home people and WE ALL live here let's show some love
Who has to pay

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 6, 2011
That's why we should have this agreement so the few that entered into this agreement behind closed doors because the rest would cause problems shouldn't share in all this love that these people and their lawyers and the legislators that thought this would get them a lot of votes cause their holding hands in the name of conflict resolution over water that everyone is trying to control since it's so valuable and they said we'll pay so much for litigation! Chose to screw taxpayers with the cost 500 million so they could have their water! and the poor salmon waiting for 2020 to return to Klamath Lake! And the poor waterfall will again fill the sky's of the pacific fly ways to return in these wonderful agriculturist fields in the wild life refuge! While little Indian boys hide in the restored marshes and shoot their home made bows and arrow heads to bring food to their elders! All how mother earth wanted us to live in harmony!
Oh I forgot, they said it wasn't a perfect plan but
Better than what we were doing before all our meeting money and the paper for the agreements started costing so much that we better wrap this thing up, force it down the taxpayers throats and the political wind is blowing our way for the vote!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hydroelectric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Half of Ohio city's energy to come from water a... May '16 Solarman 1
News Fitch Rates American Muni Power Greenup Project... Apr '16 ron ward 1
News Board to vote on purchase of Mine Falls hydroel... (Dec '15) Dec '15 jstrong196 1
News Colorado's big coal-burning utilities take a tu... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Solarman 1
News Local Voices: What economics teaches us about e... (Feb '15) Feb '15 karland 1
please help with by answering theses questions ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Anonymous 1
calculating electricity production (Aug '14) Aug '14 Greg Woods 1
More from around the web