Dam splits Vietnam, Laos

Dam splits Vietnam, Laos

There are 78 comments on the Asia Times story from Mar 8, 2011, titled Dam splits Vietnam, Laos. In it, Asia Times reports that:

Dam splits Vietnam, Laos By Marwaan Macan-Markar BANGKOK - The first in a new series of 11 dams planned across the Mekong, Southeast Asia's largest river, could break a special bond between two communist-ruled countries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asia Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
SVC

New Milford, NJ

#67 Mar 24, 2011
mike174 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnam is in denial they are chinese but won't admit it they still practice Chinese letters and follow chinese culture the only thing that make them different is that they are shorter and have a squeaking voice sort of like leprechauns but the Asian version
And it must have been the drugs side effects which makes you sick chinese who kill their own babies with urea-formaldehyde baby food products. Sicko...
smallville

Shanghai, China

#68 Mar 24, 2011
Anglo and Jew scums smuggled opium to China and poisoned 100 million Chinese including my grand-grand-grand-father. Anglo and Jew scums spread hate to the entire world. Nazi crime could not match Anglo and Jew crime. Anglo and Jew scums are my entire life enemy. I do not have problem with white such as Germans.
smallville

Shanghai, China

#69 Mar 24, 2011
SVC wrote:
<quoted text>
And it must have been the drugs side effects which makes you sick chinese who kill their own babies with urea-formaldehyde baby food products. Sicko...
You are living in a pathetic country manipulated by Jew scums. Jew Bernanke printed 2 trillion USD. How much did you get?
smallville

Shanghai, China

#70 Mar 24, 2011
There will be no middle way. Jew is promoting multi-culturism aka. Commie Version Two in USA. Just like they did in Russia Empire and Germany. USA either become a leftist country or turn into Nazi.
smallville

Shanghai, China

#71 Mar 24, 2011
Your former president Bill Clinton fxcked Jew Monica Levensky and later Hillary had a Jew son-in-law. 25% of Democratic party senators are Jews with another 25% pro-Jew senators. Democratic party is a Jewish party.
SVC

New Milford, NJ

#72 Mar 24, 2011
smallville wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living in a pathetic country manipulated by Jew scums. Jew Bernanke printed 2 trillion USD. How much did you get?
If you hated, dont use it. What is your problem
SVC

New Milford, NJ

#73 Mar 24, 2011
smallville wrote:
There will be no middle way. Jew is promoting multi-culturism aka. Commie Version Two in USA. Just like they did in Russia Empire and Germany. USA either become a leftist country or turn into Nazi.
I can understand your history with the jews, but dont coming here spreading the hates. You are barking at the wrong tree
smallville

Shanghai, China

#74 Mar 24, 2011
SVC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hated, dont use it. What is your problem
I do not use USD. I am an speculator and I am good at short USD. I hope your Jewish central bank president print 1 trillion USD more, then my short USD position will bring my more money.
smallville

Shanghai, China

#75 Mar 24, 2011
SVC wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your history with the jews, but dont coming here spreading the hates. You are barking at the wrong tree
Was that you barking at the first place?
smallville

Shanghai, China

#76 Mar 24, 2011
USA way of life is unsustainable. Each year USA borrow money from other countries equals to 5% GDP of USA before the crisis and later Jew Bernanke printed 2 trillion USD which equals to another 15% GDP of USA.

If other countries stop to lend 5% GDP of USA to USA each year, What will happen? GDP drop 5%? Way no. USA will have a 20% GDP drop, depression for sure, and can not recover for at least ten years. More, if other countries start to take back the money they lended to USA, USA will have a 30% GDP drop.Of course countries like China will also have a loss, but since China have some savings, at maximum China stop to grow. China just do not want to kill you 1000 and lost 500 of China's own.
SVC

New Milford, NJ

#77 Mar 24, 2011
smallville wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that you barking at the first place?
I apologize for brought up the sensitive subject about the opium. But that comment was meant to be dirrected to the moron mike174 who bashing viets in this forum.

No one can deny american are spending beyond their means. And many speculate the dollars will eventually collapse. I am expecting the worst, so the bulks of my investments are comodities.
smallville

Shanghai, China

#78 Mar 24, 2011
Apology, too. Good gesture brings good gesture. Talking about hate then all old deep hate came out. Better stop here.
the examiner

Montréal, Canada

#79 Mar 25, 2011
smallville wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing plan.
The first dam will not work because you need relatively turbulent water to generate electricity which delta region do not have. Of course you can choose to flood the plain to make it a lake to accumulate some water, will you?
The second one, again you need to make a "lake" or a reservoir to generate electricity. A big dam right where it start going to VN will make a lake in Cambodia and since Cambodia have a high sea level, the water will find some new ways to VN. So either you do not have turbulent water to gernaerate electricity or you will flood yourself.
The main ingredient is water, a lot of water. The rest concerns money and technical knowhow. Once you have water from the Mekong, you can build a reservoir which looks like a very tall container and let the water fall down to the powerhouse (generator) to generate electricity and the water will flow back to the Mekong delta and finally into the sea.
the examiner

Montréal, Canada

#80 Mar 25, 2011
the examiner

Montréal, Canada

#81 Mar 25, 2011
bomc wrote:
so what can Vietnam do to stop it?
Instead of building a huge dam, build a medium or small one. That would be more sensible. It's like watching a soccer match in a statium, if one stands up so he have a better view for himself, all the others will do the same and the end result is no one has a better view than the others
Chinaman

Minneapolis, MN

#82 Mar 25, 2011
smallville wrote:
Anglo and Jew scums smuggled opium to China and poisoned 100 million Chinese including my grand-grand-grand-father. Anglo and Jew scums spread hate to the entire world. Nazi crime could not match Anglo and Jew crime. Anglo and Jew scums are my entire life enemy. I do not have problem with white such as Germans.
Jews is better then Viet.
Chinaman

Minneapolis, MN

#83 Mar 25, 2011
the examiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of building a huge dam, build a medium or small one. That would be more sensible. It's like watching a soccer match in a statium, if one stands up so he have a better view for himself, all the others will do the same and the end result is no one has a better view than the others
Laos and China will build more dams on Mekong River just to pissed off Vietnam. hahah
McNeal

Montréal, Canada

#84 Mar 25, 2011
Chinaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Laos and China will build more dams on Mekong River just to pissed off Vietnam. hahah
Only foreigners call themselves Chinamen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hydroelectric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coal rebounds, but winds of change blow (Aug '17) Aug '17 Solarman 1
News TVA customers expected to see savings in June s... (May '17) Jun '17 Savings 32
News Australia to expand hydropower project to addre... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Half of Ohio city's energy to come from water a... (May '16) May '16 Solarman 1
News Fitch Rates American Muni Power Greenup Project... (Apr '16) Apr '16 ron ward 1
News Board to vote on purchase of Mine Falls hydroel... (Dec '15) Dec '15 jstrong196 1
News Colorado's big coal-burning utilities take a tu... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Solarman 1