Mass. suspends consideration of any b...

Mass. suspends consideration of any biomass plants, including...

There are 2 comments on the MassLive.com story from Dec 5, 2009, titled Mass. suspends consideration of any biomass plants, including.... In it, MassLive.com reports that:

The state has formally suspended consideration of any applications to build new biomass plants, including proposals for Springfield, Russell and Greenfield, pending a study of whether energy from the power plants is truly renewable.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MassLive.com.

Buddy

United States

#1 Dec 5, 2009
A cynical tactic to diffuse opposition while the biomass guys collect their permits.Bowles&Co.are spending $100,000 (of taxpayer money) on a study by that will no doupt show that biomass burning for power is O.K. I don't buy it and I will redouble my efforts to shut down the twisted alliance between Boston bureaucrats and speculators who are trying to make their money by deceiving the public and polluting our air with biomass burning projects.
Observer

United States

#2 Dec 5, 2009
Wonderful. But where are you going to get your power from? Oil is evil, coal is a bad boy and oh my God, nuclear is the beginning of the end of the earth.

Believe it or not, a bunch of windmills are not going to power New York City, Boston and L.A.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rise in Alaska Wildfires is Worsening Global Wa... Jun '16 IB DaMann 9
News The ethanol in your gas tank should come from a... Jun '16 RuA 2
News Africa - " the next clean energy powerhouse? Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Last-Ditch Assaults on Affordable Energy Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Time to Break Our 'Addiction' to Fossil Fuels? Feb '16 Earthling-1 2
News Iowa researchers seek to transform nation's ene... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Solarman 1
News Clean energy expanding even when fossil fuels a... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web