Gates Arrest Could Happen in Eugene

Gates Arrest Could Happen in Eugene

There are 5 comments on the Eugene Weekly story from Aug 2, 2009, titled Gates Arrest Could Happen in Eugene. In it, Eugene Weekly reports that:

SENECA AIR POLLUTION HEARING Lane Regional Air Protection Agency is holding a public hearing on the controversial proposed Seneca biomass plant on Thursday, July 30.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eugene Weekly.

Earthling has no brain

Lithia, FL

#1 Aug 2, 2009
“Saying something the officer doesn’t like” isn’t a crime, the judge said in the article. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives people a right to verbally protest arrests, many legal experts agree. In 1987, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that “the First Amendment protects a significant amount of verbal criticism and challenge directed at police officers.”

Also: "While some see biomass cogeneration as the new clean energy, others say a wood burning plant within city limits is not only polluting to the air Eugeneans breathe but could have other, unforeseen, repercussions on the environment." Please read the article for more.
Earthling

Muro De Alcoy, Spain

#2 Aug 2, 2009
Earthling has no brain wrote:
Please read the article for more.
Hiya truthist, did you forget to change your name back before posting that garbage?
Earthling has no brain

Dallas, TX

#3 Aug 2, 2009
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>Hiya truthist, did you forget to change your name back before posting that garbage?
Earthling still has no brain.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#4 Aug 2, 2009
When the American hero, Rosa Parks, was told by the bus driver, if you don't get up and give your seat to a white passenger, I'll call the police, Rosa said, "You may do that." Once upon a time, civil disobedience was civil. Now we live in the age of terrorism, I go through security check-points every day and I always try to greet gate guards with a smile, use the name on their ID card and comply with all instructions. Being a police officer is a dangerous profession and we owe them our respect, for keeping us safe.

I tell my children to comply with police instructions. If they are asked for identification, it's their duty to do so willingly, fully and helpfully. Here in Germany, the Polezei don't take guff, nor should they.
Earthling

Muro De Alcoy, Spain

#6 Aug 2, 2009
Earthling has no brain wrote:
Is that why you post in USA forums? Poor fellow ;(
This not a forum solely for the US of A, but I wouldn't expect you to understand simple facts like that.

I really hope you don't represent the normal standard of intelligence that exists there.

Have you ever sought mental health advice for your problem?
If not, I suggest you do, very soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Africa - " the next clean energy powerhouse? Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Last-Ditch Assaults on Affordable Energy Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Time to Break Our 'Addiction' to Fossil Fuels? Feb '16 Earthling-1 2
News Iowa researchers seek to transform nation's ene... Jan '16 Solarman 1
News Clean energy expanding even when fossil fuels a... Jan '16 Solarman 1
News Costa Rica achieved 99% renewable energy this year Dec '15 Solarman 1
News New catalytic process to convert lignin into je... Dec '15 TOM FALCONE 1
More from around the web