A new report says renewable energy co...

A new report says renewable energy could supply all global energy needs by 2090.

There are 3 comments on the WLS-TV Chicago story from Oct 27, 2008, titled A new report says renewable energy could supply all global energy needs by 2090.. In it, WLS-TV Chicago reports that:

The world could eliminate fossil fuel use by 2090, saving $18 trillion in future fuel costs and creating a $360 billion industry that provides half of the world's electricity, the European Renewable Energy ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLS-TV Chicago.

John Spencer

Dayton, OH

#1 Oct 28, 2008
By 2090, how about by 2040 or sooner. There is nothing standing in our way but the will to do it. And we are fast getting the will as evidenced by the rapid increase in the amount of wind turbines and other renewable installations.

“hmm...”

Since: Oct 08

Macclesfield, UK

#2 Oct 28, 2008
Did you know that enough sunlight falls on the earth every minute to power the world's energy needs for a whole year?

If only we could harness it properly.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2008
How can I prod my local government to invest in tidal hydropower?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill supporting renewable energy advances (Apr '17) Apr '17 Solarman 1
News Scientists harness solar power to produce clean... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Biomass, no-till could play major role in limit... (Feb '17) Feb '17 maybe 1
News More UK electricity 'from wind turbines than co... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Costa Rica Ran On Renewable Energy For Over 250... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Claim: Reservoirs play substantial role in glob... (Oct '16) Nov '16 Earthling-1 4
News The ethanol in your gas tank should come from a... (May '16) Jul '16 longtail 3
More from around the web