Range Fuels Makes Cellulosic Methanol

Range Fuels Makes Cellulosic Methanol

There are 22 comments on the Domestic Fuel story from Aug 17, 2010, titled Range Fuels Makes Cellulosic Methanol. In it, Domestic Fuel reports that:

Colorado-based Range Fuels reports the successful production of cellulosic methanol using non-food biomass at a Georgia biofuels plant in the first phase of an operation to ultimately produce next generation ethanol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Domestic Fuel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Resident Truth

Belmont, NC

#21 Sep 1, 2010
I think everyone has missed the facts here. Our governmet has funded hundreds of MILLIONS of taxpayers dollars to a plant that has done nothing it promised. http://www.consumerenergyreport.com/2010/02/2...
not worried

Soperton, GA

#22 Sep 2, 2010
Our government has not funded hundreds of millions of dollars....$50 million from the DOE which Range has not recived all of the funds. They can't until they are at the production required for the grant. The other funds associated with USDA were guaranteed govt loans.... not grants. And, there is a very large amount of private funds invested. I do not mean to say that this is a "cheap" plant... it is a $100 million dollar plant. The first of any new technology is the most expensive and least efficient... They are making methanol temporarily, the catalyst required for making methanol is cheaper than the catalyst for making ethanol. So,while they are dealing with mechanical issues, it is cheaper to make methanol. Stay positive, this is a great opportunity for our community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zero Carbon or Bust Jul '15 KitemanSA 9
News Nation's renewable energy consumption highest s... Jul '15 Solarman 1
News US announces plans to reduce agricultural carbo... Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 11
News Investors Chip In as Renewables Rise Towards Re... Apr '15 Solarman 1
News UK's a 46 billion bid for EIB nuclear loan (Dec '14) Dec '14 Clear Dharma 1
News Willow trees are cost-efficient cleaners of con... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Stephany McDowell 1
News VIASPACE and Tibbar Energy USVI Report Progress... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Laura 1
More from around the web