Range Fuels Makes Cellulosic Methanol

Range Fuels Makes Cellulosic Methanol

There are 22 comments on the Domestic Fuel story from Aug 17, 2010, titled Range Fuels Makes Cellulosic Methanol. In it, Domestic Fuel reports that:

Colorado-based Range Fuels reports the successful production of cellulosic methanol using non-food biomass at a Georgia biofuels plant in the first phase of an operation to ultimately produce next generation ethanol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Domestic Fuel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
On Looker

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 18, 2010
Well, it's on now. May God protect our kids because our BOE members don't seem to want to...I don't guess I'll ever understand. One day though, this BOE well have to face up to the music and suffer the consequences of their stupid decisions in purchasing such a rediculous, remote, undesired and controversial piece of property.
not worried

Soperton, GA

#2 Aug 18, 2010
are you worried about the school being so close to two nuclear plants?
On Looker

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 18, 2010
Don't know much about those plants except their dangerous and can have lasting effects on everyone not just the kids of this county. We can't help where nuclear plants are at but just hope that it never has an accident but we can sure do something about the location of the new school in relation to range fuels. That I do know.
NUKEFAN

Dacula, GA

#4 Aug 18, 2010
not worried wrote:
are you worried about the school being so close to two nuclear plants?
Nuclear Energy is by far one of the safest and most regulated forms of energy on earth. As opposed to ethanol and petroleum refineries, which have a proven track record for danger
YupYup

Soperton, GA

#5 Aug 18, 2010
I will be homeschooling when that time comes.
Been here a long time

Soperton, GA

#6 Aug 18, 2010
This is a good thing for the county ya'll. There are alot more things to worry about with kids/teenagers these days other than RF.
Bolder 1

Soperton, GA

#7 Aug 19, 2010
Been here a long time wrote:
This is a good thing for the county ya'll. There are alot more things to worry about with kids/teenagers these days other than RF.
Thats right,like all the drugs on the street.There are a lot of kids in Soperton hung up on pain killers. Illegal drugs such as coke,marijuana are not just the problem any more.
Been here a long time

Soperton, GA

#8 Aug 19, 2010
I have seen firsthand how prescription medication and alcohol abuse can kill and destroy lives. Watching a loved one destroy themselves with alcohol and pills is a terrible thing to experience.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 20, 2010
Noticing that most comments on this topic mention the school, in addition to Range Fuels production, how about the school site preparation continuing until all the earth is moved? Then turn the land over to the development authority as an industrial site. Struggle on with the schools for a year or two until the economy rebounds, and then do a makeover on all three existing campuses.
Bolder 1

Soperton, GA

#10 Aug 20, 2010
Why not move the elementary students to the middle school,I know it would be crowded for a while and tear down the elem. building and build the new school there.It would be covienent for everyone.
Amen

Soperton, GA

#11 Aug 20, 2010
I LOVE SOPERTON wrote:
Noticing that most comments on this topic mention the school, in addition to Range Fuels production, how about the school site preparation continuing until all the earth is moved? Then turn the land over to the development authority as an industrial site. Struggle on with the schools for a year or two until the economy rebounds, and then do a makeover on all three existing campuses.
I agree! Things are so bad right now! We need people with some common sense! We could hold out til the economy is better for everyone! And we need to rethink the location!

Location hidden

#12 Aug 20, 2010
For a couple of million dollars, all of our school buildings can be put in perfect condition.$24 million is a lot of money. It's best to wait until January for the new governor to reallocate the funds. Repair the buildings of a dozen systems instead of accommodating one county which was given a political plum.
Just looking at the whole picture.
Land Rover

Soperton, GA

#13 Aug 26, 2010
Congratulations to Range Fuels for a sucessful run. We hope that all funds need to make this operation a success will be made available. We are so excited about the jobs that will be in the future for our families. We welcome in industry.
Black and White Cookie

Soperton, GA

#14 Aug 26, 2010
Bolder 1 wrote:
Why not move the elementary students to the middle school,I know it would be crowded for a while and tear down the elem. building and build the new school there.It would be covienent for everyone.
Where are we going to put the middle school students???

Location hidden

#15 Aug 26, 2010
Black and White Cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are we going to put the middle school students???
Most schools use temporary class rooms during construction or renovations. There are a couple behind the elementary school now.
ahhh

Macon, GA

#16 Aug 29, 2010
AGAIN...get over it! There are plants all over the world and the world hasn't come to an end. Maybe this plant will bring new, decent people into this community. Stop bitching...nothing you can do about it

Location hidden

#17 Aug 29, 2010
ahhh wrote:
AGAIN...get over it! There are plants all over the world and the world hasn't come to an end. Maybe this plant will bring new, decent people into this community. Stop bitching...nothing you can do about it
You can't promote it both ways. Either the plant is distinctive and first in the world or there are plants like it all over the world. Which is it?

Since this topic has generalized into the plant and the school, consider this possibility (not necessarily the truth, but a real possibility): It will require adequate sewage treatment as Range Fuels grows, and that will be expensive, but if we can come up with a ruse like a new school in a strategic place, the local taxpayer can pay for water and sewage lines right past the plant, so the plant can tap in for free. Just a thought, a possibility, not necessarily what's happening. Not necessarily. Not necessarily.
not worried

Soperton, GA

#18 Aug 30, 2010
I LOVE SOPERTON wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't promote it both ways. Either the plant is distinctive and first in the world or there are plants like it all over the world. Which is it?
Since this topic has generalized into the plant and the school, consider this possibility (not necessarily the truth, but a real possibility): It will require adequate sewage treatment as Range Fuels grows, and that will be expensive, but if we can come up with a ruse like a new school in a strategic place, the local taxpayer can pay for water and sewage lines right past the plant, so the plant can tap in for free. Just a thought, a possibility, not necessarily what's happening. Not necessarily. Not necessarily.
There are ethanol plants "all over the world" made from many different feed stocks, mainly corm. This is the first plant in the world to use pine chips.
Green Energy Planet

Romania

#19 Aug 30, 2010
Is good to see that maybe in the future, petrol will not get wasted being used as fuel.
It is so important for many other industries: http://www.green-energy-planet.com/how-does-a...

Location hidden

#20 Aug 31, 2010
not worried wrote:
<quoted text>
There are ethanol plants "all over the world" made from many different feed stocks, mainly corm. This is the first plant in the world to use pine chips.
Maybe the first to use chips of southern pine, but not the first to use wood chips.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill supporting renewable energy advances (Apr '17) Apr '17 Solarman 1
News Scientists harness solar power to produce clean... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Biomass, no-till could play major role in limit... (Feb '17) Feb '17 maybe 1
News More UK electricity 'from wind turbines than co... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Costa Rica Ran On Renewable Energy For Over 250... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Claim: Reservoirs play substantial role in glob... (Oct '16) Nov '16 Earthling-1 4
News The ethanol in your gas tank should come from a... (May '16) Jul '16 longtail 3
More from around the web