Ont. farmers urge halt to wind turbin...

Ont. farmers urge halt to wind turbine development

There are 3 comments on the Grain News story from Jan 20, 2012, titled Ont. farmers urge halt to wind turbine development. In it, Grain News reports that:

Claiming an "untenable" and polarizing debate in rural Ontario over an inefficient power source, the province's general farm organization now wants to see an end to industrial-scale wind turbine development.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grain News.

ceppsont

Aylmer, Canada

#1 Jan 21, 2012
I'm a little confused, while travelling across the country/Canada, I see hundreds of these windfarms located on cleared agricultural lands obviously requested and constructed with the approval of the landowner....so why is the agricultural organization opposing windfarms.? In my opinion,harvesting wind/solar/hydro energies is a preferred option over nucleur and the burning of fossil fuels. Get with the program..I view a little hypocricy/forked-tongue talk here.
Reg Sargent

Kitchener, Canada

#2 Jan 21, 2012
Nothing wrong with wind power, it even helps the farmer financially especially when we have not enough rain or too much. It also helps people as far as pollution.
65DegN

Anchorage, AK

#3 Jan 25, 2012
Japan is finding out just how expensive nuclear power is. Not only are thoudands of citizens going to die a horrible death but Japan posted it's first annual trade deficit since 1980.
Whats it going to take?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill supporting renewable energy advances Apr '17 Solarman 1
News Scientists harness solar power to produce clean... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Biomass, no-till could play major role in limit... (Feb '17) Feb '17 maybe 1
News More UK electricity 'from wind turbines than co... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Costa Rica Ran On Renewable Energy For Over 250... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Claim: Reservoirs play substantial role in glob... (Oct '16) Nov '16 Earthling-1 4
News The ethanol in your gas tank should come from a... (May '16) Jul '16 longtail 3
More from around the web