At last some common sense about globa...

At last some common sense about global warming

There are 9 comments on the The Daily Star story from May 29, 2010, titled At last some common sense about global warming. In it, The Daily Star reports that:

On February, 14 distinguished climate scientists, economists, and policy experts came together to discuss how to tackle global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Star.

Earthling

Hellín, Spain

#1 May 29, 2010
Kyoto failed, Copenhagen was a lead balloon, but an answer will/must be found before oil runs out.
“In short,” the report notes,“we need to ignite … an energy technology revolution."
Even though at least 50 years have been almost wasted because of lack of R & D of energy technology.

I may be an AGW sceptic, but I've always embraced progress.
LessHypeMoreFact

Woodstock, Canada

#2 May 29, 2010
Earthling wrote:
Kyoto failed, Copenhagen was a lead balloon,
Kyoto failed only in terms that the US backed out, and Canada failed its commmitments.

Copenhagen was the true bust, and showed that only a 'carbon surcharge' could possibly work as a global agreement.
Earthling wrote:
but an answer will/must be found before oil runs out.
Cost/benefit rations will be too large LONG before the oil 'runs out'.

They may be too large not. The recession is not just a produce of money manipulators. It is ALSO a product of high oil prices.
Earthling wrote:
Even though at least 50 years have been almost wasted because of lack of R & D of energy technology.
There may be hope for you yet. Yes. The lack of money for research in stustainalbe and alternative energy is one embarrassment. And a bit reason that we have left it to grow into 'crisis'.
Earthling wrote:
I may be an AGW sceptic, but I've always embraced progress.
In what? Drilling for more oil? Cutting off mountain tops to clog clear streams in the name of coal? I have NEVER heard a good word from you for ANY research on energy. OOoohhhh I get it. This is the 'endless delay for more research' tactic??
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

#3 May 29, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
I have NEVER heard a good word from you for ANY research on energy.
You should pay more attention.
LessHypeMoreFact

Woodstock, Canada

#4 May 29, 2010
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>You should pay more attention.
ha. Why are you posting here at all? "By Bjorn Lomborg" a noted astrologer and politically connected statistician with delusions of adequacy posts crap in a newpaper opinion slot and you are all over it. And you accuse ME of not paying attention?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5 May 29, 2010
You can only insult Professor Lomborg, because you are unfamiliar with his work. Climate change mitigation is uneconomical, adaptation works fine.
LessHypeMoreFact

Woodstock, Canada

#6 May 29, 2010
Brian_G wrote:
You can only insult Professor Lomborg, because you are unfamiliar with his work.
I don't believe in Astrology. Why should I examine his work?
Brian_G wrote:
Climate change mitigation is uneconomical, adaptation works fine.
Not according to the economists. You might just respect them for their understanding of economics. I'm sure it is a bit better than YOURS.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

#7 May 30, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Why are you posting here at all?
Because I have plenty of free time and because I can, what's your excuse?
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
"By Bjorn Lomborg" a noted astrologer and politically connected statistician with delusions of adequacy posts crap in a newpaper opinion slot and you are all over it.
Environmental economics is a far cry from astrology and I don't consider making a comment as being, "all over it."
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
And you accuse ME of not paying attention?
Simply because you don't.
GEEWIZ

Nicholasville, KY

#8 May 30, 2010
burn that COAL drill that oil

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#9 May 30, 2010
GEEWIZ wrote:
burn that COAL drill that oil
Ah, no. We must like, live with like, Nature? And like, you know, like take care of Mother Nature because she is like, weak and fragile and delicate and ..........AHAAHAAAHAH!
“Another comet hit to kill all life on Earth so the whole process of evolution can start all over again for the trillionth time.” AAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
Poor helpless 5 billion year old little fragile planet Earth eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill supporting renewable energy advances Apr '17 Solarman 1
News Scientists harness solar power to produce clean... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Biomass, no-till could play major role in limit... (Feb '17) Feb '17 maybe 1
News More UK electricity 'from wind turbines than co... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Costa Rica Ran On Renewable Energy For Over 250... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Claim: Reservoirs play substantial role in glob... (Oct '16) Nov '16 Earthling-1 4
News The ethanol in your gas tank should come from a... (May '16) Jul '16 longtail 3
More from around the web