Black carbon: how reducing it could s...

Black carbon: how reducing it could slow global warming and lift the Asian smog

There are 2 comments on the The Ecologist story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Black carbon: how reducing it could slow global warming and lift the Asian smog. In it, The Ecologist reports that:

Emissions of short-lived pollutants like black carbon can be reduced and provide quick reductions in climate change and improvements in air quality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ecologist.

LessHypeMoreFact

Nepean, Canada

#1 Jun 18, 2011
Eventually we will be able to 'refine' the forcings to know the small contribution of carbon soot, but it seems to me that we should attack the MAJOR forcings first.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#2 Jun 18, 2011
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
I have never claimed that animal life on planet earth could not survive without CO2. In fact, I claim that this is TOTALLY BOGUS. Animal life can live quite well with NO CO2.
I live in hope that Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty will provide evidence for that hypothesis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biomass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biomass, no-till could play major role in limit... Feb 2 maybe 1
News More UK electricity 'from wind turbines than co... Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Costa Rica Ran On Renewable Energy For Over 250... Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Claim: Reservoirs play substantial role in glob... Nov '16 Earthling-1 4
News The ethanol in your gas tank should come from a... (May '16) Jul '16 longtail 3
News Rise in Alaska Wildfires is Worsening Global Wa... (Jun '16) Jun '16 IB DaMann 9
News Africa - " the next clean energy powerhouse? (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web