3 Energy Companies Interested In Inno...

3 Energy Companies Interested In Innovative Solar Power Systems

There are 3 comments on the Benzinga story from Aug 15, 2014, titled 3 Energy Companies Interested In Innovative Solar Power Systems. In it, Benzinga reports that:

NRG Energy announced on Thursday it was acquiring Goal Zero , a company that makes portable solar battery chargers .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Benzinga.

Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#1 Aug 17, 2014
"According to NRG, the Goal Zero acquisitive helps the “third leg” of NRG's consumer strategy: to bring together opportunities with system power, residential solar and personal power offerings."

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/news/14/08/4782701/3-...

The electric Utility has been by definition and practice a "regulated" monopoly. NRG is looking at distributed energy "partners" who NRG will sell or lease energy solutions to. Either way, if a homeowner or business owner buys their own system or leases the system, there is still money to be made on 'maintenance' agreements on the distributed systems. If the electric Utility industry doesn't change their business model, NRG will be more than happy to absorb their service territories into the NRG family.
walkerwilliam91

Orlando, FL

#2 Aug 18, 2014
It would be great for me to get some solar panels for my house. I have been trying to save money with electricity and this would help a lot. Do you have any other tips for saving energy? http://www.solarsource.net/products/residenti...
Alison Young

Ahmedabad, India

#3 Oct 8, 2014
It is very good idea to investing in solar plant because in future it is very profitable business in world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The hollow promise of renewable energy 1 hr warrengraham 2
News You'll Never Guess Which State Is Building a Re... 3 hr Solarman 1
News Boulder hopes to move Xcel off long-term commit... 8 hr litesong 2
News Solar projects can't save the forest for the tr... Sat Solarman 1
News Bush to Say 'America Is Addicted to Oil' in Talk (Feb '06) Sat swedenforever 12
News Utahns' enthusiastic embrace of solar power cou... Fri Solarman 1
News Tesla announces plans for world domination: inc... Jul 21 Solarman 1
More from around the web