NW Pa. wind farm plan has backers, opponents

Apr 14, 2013 Full story: Evening Sun 10

Some northwestern Pennsylvania residents want limits placed on the size of wind turbines that can be built in their area and a ban on commercial windmills within a mile of any neighborhood.

Full Story
Enward

Creston, OH

#1 Apr 15, 2013
erie's future is wind farms and sail boat fuel production.
BOHICA

Mansfield, OH

#2 Apr 15, 2013
tell burch and the other clowns to f-off!!
Longtime NE Resident

Bethel Park, PA

#3 Apr 15, 2013
It is the transplants that need to get lost. More people from Fairview and Millcreek that move out here to live on 3/4's of an acre and then can't comprehend that something that typically happens in an agricultural area would happen here. They want to maintain our beautiful vineyard views but Matt and Paul both live in "recognized subdivisions" that were created when farmers threw in the towel and sold their farms to developers.
roy rogers

Erie, PA

#4 Apr 16, 2013
people in north east are so bored they attend these meetings simply for something to do.
josh kennedy

Paterson, NJ

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Have been by tim burchs farm so many times with my family to get some baked goods and awesome cider and produce. I asked him to hunt there and he was so welcoming and polite. He is always there working his tail off on the farm unlike half of americans anymore who want everything for free and want their " voice " to be heard about this. Its plain and simple....wind turbines are the future of this country and of manufacturing and its time to move forward. Congrats tim burch on this brilliant idea. This country will let every God based belief taken out of school and the constitution......so why dont u let tim burch have a right of his own to build what he wants on his property !!!
Tom Joad

Erie, PA

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Longtime NE Resident wrote:
It is the transplants that need to get lost. More people from Fairview and Millcreek that move out here to live on 3/4's of an acre and then can't comprehend that something that typically happens in an agricultural area would happen here. They want to maintain our beautiful vineyard views but Matt and Paul both live in "recognized subdivisions" that were created when farmers threw in the towel and sold their farms to developers.
Build the turbines. Save local agriculture.
Allen PHD

Erie, PA

#7 Sep 11, 2013
Wind generators have a -1.1 to 1 energy efficiency. In other words, they use 10% more energy in manufacturing, operation, installation and transmission than they produce. The scam is that the power companies are required to buy the inefficient energy from the wind turbine, and grants, tax breaks and such, when combined with the sale of inefficient energy, make them a profitable investment. None of this takes into account the high pitched noise polution produced by wind farms, and the slaughter of birds and bats
trevor

Greenwich, OH

#9 Sep 11, 2013
josh kennedy wrote:
Have been by tim burchs farm so many times with my family to get some baked goods and awesome cider and produce. I asked him to hunt there and he was so welcoming and polite. He is always there working his tail off on the farm unlike half of americans anymore who want everything for free and want their " voice " to be heard about this. Its plain and simple....wind turbines are the future of this country and of manufacturing and its time to move forward. Congrats tim burch on this brilliant idea. This country will let every God based belief taken out of school and the constitution......so why dont u let tim burch have a right of his own to build what he wants on his property !!!
I am okay with that...but let him use his own money. Not mine
Nick

Erie, PA

#10 Nov 2, 2013
A lot of Northeast residents like the electric and gas they have to heat and cook

But Not in there back yard

No gas wells allowed they kicked the drillers out

Now trying to do away with the wind turbin plans

They want the gas and electric to use everyday though

I guess there is some words they call these type of people

Like having your cake and eating it to

Or just envious of some profiting on natural resources
trevor

Creston, OH

#11 Nov 2, 2013
when are they going to break ground on the sail boat fuel plant... hundreds of thousands in grant money has been disbursed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 27,660
Good news for solar power installers - The cost... 4 hr Solarman 1
Renewable Energy: So Useless That Even Greenie ... Sat Fact Check 1
SRP powers up new solar energy deal Sat Solarman 1
Editorial: PSC poised to side with Duke Energy,... Fri Solarman 1
Endura Energy Announces the Completion of a 284... Nov 21 Liz 1
Signs of optimism on fuel (Dec '12) Nov 20 WILFRED 5

Alternative Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE