Newly installed wind turbines idled b...

Newly installed wind turbines idled by Minnesota's winter

There are 2891 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 21, 2010, titled Newly installed wind turbines idled by Minnesota's winter. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Last year, about a dozen Minnesota communities dreamed of clean, green energy: spinning windmills powering hundreds of homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#2764 Apr 25, 2011
Polarmill wrote:
isn't spinning, no wind no electricity.
Similar to a half dozen nuclear reactors not producing energies other than radioactivity pollutants of materials with 1/2 life time span of 20,000 years. That's worldwide distributions.
Polarmill

Delano, MN

#2765 Apr 25, 2011
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Similar to a half dozen nuclear reactors not producing energies other than radioactivity pollutants of materials with 1/2 life time span of 20,000 years. That's worldwide distributions.
So why don't waste more money on wirygigs?
Polarmill

Long Lake, MN

#2766 Apr 25, 2011
isn't generating -----

“Be green. Help the planet.”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2767 Apr 26, 2011
Observer wrote:
It is discouraging to read all the politically-motivated rants on this forum. The problem is NOT the 'enviros','liberals' or 'renewables'. It is that the organization selected the wrong turbines for this climate. Wind power DOES work, see the section about Excel's turbines functioning down to -20 degrees.
Thanks to JKS for posting the only relevant post on this board.
I agree completely. This shouldn't be a point taken against wind but on the company that failed to do their job well.
PLEASE WAKE UP

Minneapolis, MN

#2768 Apr 26, 2011
Thanks for chiming your 2 cents in over a year latter. What you have said has been said, I think 400 times. Come back when you got something to say.

This is GRUDGE THREAD NOW....
Maxie007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. This shouldn't be a point taken against wind but on the company that failed to do their job well.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2769 Apr 26, 2011
Wysopal / Kuehn caught hiding and stonewalling again.

http://northsaintpaulnews.com/2011/04/26/more...
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#2770 Apr 26, 2011
Polarmill wrote:
isn't generating -----
Why not tell us where this problem is. Specifically as to is responsible for maintenance and operations. A name would help. Then we can look into this problem of yours.

Location hidden

#2772 Apr 26, 2011
Bernard, who is we? Then why would you ask him what is wrong with it. Even to you, that can not make sense.

1. It is a worn out piece of Junk
2. Built in VALLY- A hole
3. Obsolete design. The Danes were drunk when the built it.
4. It is only for show and to fulfill a state mandate
5. It was not refurbish as stated in the sale.

Anything else?

Location hidden

#2773 Apr 26, 2011
Bernard do you live in this city? YES or NO
Polarmill

Minneapolis, MN

#2774 Apr 26, 2011
North Saint Paul News wrote:
Bernard do you live in this city? YES or NO
"Bernard" could be a retired "Bruce" from Stillwater OR Lake Elmo. Those 2 were willing vocal supporters, in the Lillie Press, of Polarmill, never could figure out what they could make off the Polarmill.

Of course North Saint Paul attempted to use Kickbacks during the Tennis trash collection deal so who knows. Of course there is the possibility the Bruce's bought a bunch of stock in Hiawatha Broadband Corp. OR simply invested in the company one way or another.

I doubt good old "Bernard" will reveal his true identity. Maybe a City of North Saint Paul snipe, wasting his/her taxpayer paid salary out on the internet...
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#2775 Apr 26, 2011
North Saint Paul News wrote:
Bernard, who is we? Then why would you ask him what is wrong with it. Even to you, that can not make sense.
1. It is a worn out piece of Junk
2. Built in VALLY- A hole
3. Obsolete design. The Danes were drunk when the built it.
4. It is only for show and to fulfill a state mandate
5. It was not refurbish as stated in the sale.
Anything else?
Then we are back to what I originally suspected. Poor leadership and management. Now you know who to hold responsible and get it fixed or moved. By the way, radioactivity still spewing...
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#2776 Apr 26, 2011
Polarmill wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't waste more money on wirygigs?
What is wirygigs? Some local slang.. Now ya"ll keep up the good work up there and deal with that leadership/management garbage.Perhaps hold him responsible in a civil suite and freeZZZZe his ASSets.
nonsense

AOL

#2777 Apr 26, 2011
NorthSaintPaul wrote:
Walking downtown could cost your your life.
City broke but has nice office equipment.
http://northsaintpaulnews.com/2011/04/10/nort...
You must be getting through to someone with your posts. At this afternoon's joint council/EDA meeting, the head of the NSP EDA, none other than the former president of the MN Twins, Jerry Bell, said that you could break a leg walking on the sidewalks on 7th Ave. Can you handle that accomplishment?

Location hidden

#2778 Apr 26, 2011
I just call it as I see it. Common sense "should kick in sometime" but not with our City leadership.

I have said a million times. All they care about is themselves. They never listen to anyone, and they are masterful, pathological liars; now the web of tangled deceits are catching up to them.

Nobody cared when the economy was good and the LGA was pouring in, but those days are over.

There is no HOPE or CHANGE as promised. Who the hell wants to move here now. They took a good thing and ruined it.

They will have to learn the hard way, like the drunkard and ignorant fool.

I live here and care about how things ought to be. We should have great streets and sidewalks. I would like to get a decent price someday for my house I have lived in for almost 20 years...

Money by the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS have been wasted and they don't have a clue.

I give the REVIEW credit for publishing the story. We need the truth or something close to it.
nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be getting through to someone with your posts. At this afternoon's joint council/EDA meeting, the head of the NSP EDA, none other than the former president of the MN Twins, Jerry Bell, said that you could break a leg walking on the sidewalks on 7th Ave. Can you handle that accomplishment?
PolarTruth

Tempe, AZ

#2779 Apr 26, 2011
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wirygigs? Some local slang.. Now ya"ll keep up the good work up there and deal with that leadership/management garbage.Perhaps hold him responsible in a civil suite and freeZZZZe his ASSets.
One guy that lives in North St. Paul has a thing against the city government of North St. Paul so he carries on this incredible charade by posting as eight different people to try to make it look like someone supports his cause.

Remember having an imaginary friend when you were 5 years old? This guy is still stuck there.

Oh, and he posts when he is plastered a lot, hence the childish rants and poor spelling.

Location hidden

#2780 Apr 26, 2011
Just one?
PolarTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
One guy that lives in North St. Paul has a thing against the city government of North St. Paul so he carries on this incredible charade by posting as eight different people to try to make it look like someone supports his cause.
Remember having an imaginary friend when you were 5 years old? This guy is still stuck there.
Oh, and he posts when he is plastered a lot, hence the childish rants and poor spelling.
Rob Memore

Minneapolis, MN

#2782 Apr 26, 2011
One guy who could kick you ass up into a hat kind of guy?
Rob Memore

Minneapolis, MN

#2784 Apr 26, 2011
Cat got your lying tongue Bernard?
Rob Memore

Minneapolis, MN

#2785 Apr 26, 2011
Now Bernard is from Phoenix...lol
Rob Memore

Minneapolis, MN

#2786 Apr 26, 2011
Next it will be Tempe AZ, maybe? lol

No one will ever figure out that it's you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's victory creates uncertainty for wind an... 4 hr Solarman 4
News The Global Solar Boom: How Solar Is Finally Mov... 4 hr Solarman 7
News Gore's new movie highlights alternative energy ... 11 hr USAUSAUSA 5
News Closing the great divide between Trump and envi... Sat CAS 2
News Clean energy growth will limit need for more ga... Sat CAS 2
News Beijing to spend $2.7 billion on cleaning capit... Fri Solarman 5
News Will Trump echo JFK's moonshot and vow to send ... Jan 20 CAS 1
More from around the web