3rd solar farm planned in Polk County

3rd solar farm planned in Polk County

There are 42 comments on the Rome News story from Jul 26, 2013, titled 3rd solar farm planned in Polk County. In it, Rome News reports that:

Polk County will soon see the construction of a solar farm on Morgan Road, just off Ga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Olden Gray

United States

#46 Nov 23, 2013
Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have concerns about the average homeowner installing a grid tie system. They cutout switches have to be installed correctly or you risk sending power to the grid during an outage and perhaps electrocuting a lineman working on the grid.
Although your point is valid regarding the correct installation, there is absolute coordination and testing of the system prior to paralleling with the utility grid. The utility will not allow a tie without verification, therefore eliminating any possible unplanned back feed .

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#47 Nov 26, 2013
Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the '80s, engineers found a way to liquify coal. Basically, they made a form of diesel fuel out of it. Haven't heard anything from that since. My guess, the oil companies bought the technology and shelved it.
Not really. The process yields very dirty fuel. And the cost of cleaning it to modern standards is still too high.

There is a similar process that creates DME which is also a diesel substitute but it is much cleaner. As yet, it is still too expensive too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stanley Council to decide fate of proposed biof... 1 hr Caped Crusader 1
News Prepare for power cuts with solar energy 13 hr Solarman 1
News Pro-Con: Are eco-friendly renewables key to a n... 14 hr Solarman 1
News Australia's biggest mining states, ACT raise is... Apr 17 Solarman 1
News Scientists hope new enzyme will 'eat' plastic p... Apr 17 Solarman 1
News Aussie 'pop-up' solar could bring back power wh... Apr 16 Solarman 1
News Hicks column: Utilities' solar power-play shoul... Apr 15 Solarman 1