Climate change: Environmentalists question whether Gov. Jerry Brown's actions match his rhetoric

May 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Inside Bay Area

The world is fast approaching a tipping point after which the damage caused by climate change can't be undone, Gov.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Quotes from Jerry:""Five years from now, it's over," unless we change our ways sooner, he said."

Some environmentalists, however, say Brown's actions don't match his rhetoric -- particularly his recent decision to divert $500 million in cap-and-trade fee revenues away from clean-energy and pollution-abatement projects to help California balance its books.

Jerry Brown is the guy in the 1970's as Governor that killed the Sun Desert Nuclear plant that was to be built near Blythe California and supply somewhere around 1GW of base load power production to the California electric grid. Instead he implemented an energy efficient appliance program instead. In 1999 ENRON saw its chance to make a lot of money on California by manipulating the energy generation and when it was generated to drive up electricity costs. Now this prick is giving a 5 year window for green house gas amelioration or it will be too late!!! He doesn't even believe his own B.S. What the grid infrastructure needs is massive power storage along the grid to smooth out surges and sags in the grid when alternative sources of energy are used for power production.

Since: Mar 13

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

An option would be to have a massive amount of carbon free energy from Liquid Fluoride Thorium Recyclers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••