The Great American Wind Power Fraud

Oct 23, 2013 Full story: The Heartland Institute 10

In July the Fairhaven, Massachusetts Board of Health voted to shut down the town's two wind turbines at night between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. after dozens of residents had filed more than 400 complaints.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Alan Caruba is a PR man, freelance writer, and wingnut crank. He runs the "Caruba Organization," a PR firm, and the "National Anxiety Center," a think tank, both of which are basically just himself recycling his old material.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alan_Caruba

Nuts?

Yes please!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#2 Oct 23, 2013
Hey, it's the Heartland Mental Institute again. Where the inmates run the asylum.

Using the same tired stupidities as all their other spin. For example, the turbines do kill some birds. About on thousandth the number that would be in danger from the average high rise.

And out of the tens of thousands of wind turbines added in 2012 (wind was the largest contributor to new capacity) they select two that are shut down for 'public complaints'. We know just how valid public perceptions are, don't we.. the interesting thing is that the wind generators WERE shut down despite having NO objective evidence of harm.

etc. etc. The Institute serves it's fossil fuel masters badly with such silly crap.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 30, 2013
Each wind turbine is an open machine, converting wind energy to electricity and heat. Most of the heat is radiated back into the atmosphere.

And you claim to worry about global warming?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#4 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Each wind turbine is an open machine, converting wind energy to electricity and heat.?
Actually converting kinetic motion of the wind to electricity. Heat from friction would be a VERY minor component. And both the electricity and friction will return to heat somewhere, but no more than the energy of the wind that would be turned into heat anyway.
Brian_G wrote:
Most of the heat is radiated back into the atmosphere.
The kinetic energy of the wind rises from heat, and will be returned to heat at SOME point. Mostly with friction within the air column and with the ground. Never heard leaves rustle??
Brian_G wrote:
And you claim to worry about global warming?
I have concerns with global warming. Not with the sort of ignorant babble you produce.

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2013
According to the news story:

"In July the Fairhaven, Massachusetts Board of Health voted to shut down the town’s two wind turbines at night between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. after dozens of residents had filed more than 400 complaints. Testing had demonstrated that the turbines exceeded state noise regulations and those specified in their operating permits."
http://blog.heartland.org/2013/10/the-great-a... ?

If residents filed more than 400 complaints over noise that exceeded state regulations and violated the operating permits of the turbines, of course they needed to be silenced. And shutting them down at night when electricity demand is lowest vastly reduces the impact.

Finally, we see a government entity actually doing something in the interests of the people it represents.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#6 Oct 31, 2013
Now if they would only regulate coal and oil companies instead of taking bribes and campaign donations to 'turn a blind eye'.

The issue isn't (so much) regulation but power to ignore regulation (which wind doesn't have).
litesong

Monroe, WA

#7 Oct 31, 2013
guest goofed:
.......residents filed more than 400 complaints over noise
//////////
"LessHypeMoreFact" wrote:
Now if they would only regulate coal and oil companies instead of taking bribes and campaign donations to 'turn a blind eye'.
/////////
litesong wrote:
Blood cancer of downwinders from oil & tar sand operations........

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/10/28/2...

Noise.....blood cancer.....noise......blood cancer.......

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 31, 2013
I don't recommend shutting down wind turbines, I advocate tearing them down.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#9 Oct 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]I don't recommend shutting down wind turbines, I advocate tearing them down.[/QUOTE]

You can start with the Altamount wind turbines, as they reach the end of their useful lifespans. Thank you. Best way for you to do it, is to rope yourself to the end of one of the moving turbine blades & start chewing........ on the rope.

United States

#10 Nov 1, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
The issue isn't (so much) regulation but power to ignore regulation (which wind doesn't have).
Coal and oil companies here in America are vastly regulated. Beyond that, Obama is hell bent on destroying coal fired power plants which will abolish the majority of electricity generation in the country.

While environmentalist lefties constantly screech about CO2 emissions and spout unfounded fearmongering about nuclear power, they completely ignore the fact that alternative power generation is only intermittent and economically unfeasible on a scale large enough to meet current energy demands, let alone rising demand in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A mixed bag for conflict-prone West Nile 23 hr Ronald 1
Gov. Brown names Commissioner Michael Picker pr... Wed Solarman 1
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... Wed Solarman 78
September 2014: The Month SolarCity Residential... Dec 23 Gerald Vonberger 1
Blythe City Manager Says Solar Power Brings Ben... Dec 22 Solarman 1
APS will move ahead with free solar Dec 20 Solarman 1
NY's bad move on fracking Dec 20 Solarman 1
More from around the web