Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28477 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27757 Jul 12, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Blah blah you lack humility to be liked by your god..
Anyway.. one of your alleged competition just published:
We assess climate impacts of global warming using ongoing observations and paleoclimate data. We use Earth’s measured energy imbalance, paleoclimate data, and simple representations of the global carbon cycle and temperature to define emission reductions needed to stabilize climate and avoid potentially disastrous impacts on today’s young people, future generations, and nature. A cumulative industrial-era limit of ~500 GtC fossil fuel emissions and 100 GtC storage in the biosphere and soil would keep climate close to the Holocene range to which humanity and other species are adapted. Cumulative emissions of ~1000 GtC, sometimes associated with 2°C global warming, would spur “slow” feedbacks and eventual warming of 3–4°C with disastrous consequences. Rapid emissions reduction is required to restore Earth’s energy balance and avoid ocean heat uptake that would practically guarantee irreversible effects. Continuation of high fossil fuel emissions, given current knowledge of the consequences, would be an act of extraordinary witting intergenerational injustice. Responsible policymaking requires a rising price on carbon emissions that would preclude emissions from most remaining coal and unconventional fossil fuels and phase down emissions from conventional fossil fuels.
The 18 authors cite 259 references.. Anyone can read the full paper in PLOS ONE.
You love what again? LOL.
Coldest june on record in antarctica !! yea we all know caused by ghg's , and climate change ! same old bull ship ! everything is man made !

Location hidden

#27758 Jul 12, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a car? a computer, air conditioner, have you used antibiotics? If so, you must believe in science. Divest yourself of these demonic possessions!
Of course there are those who do not think science put men on the moon! LOL
I have no problem with proven science car, computer, aircraft, etc . but long term globull anything simply does not exist ! so there for it's all false man made science !

Location hidden

#27759 Jul 12, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Blah blah you lack humility to be liked by your god..
Anyway.. one of your alleged competition just published:
We assess climate impacts of global warming using ongoing observations and paleoclimate data. We use Earth’s measured energy imbalance, paleoclimate data, and simple representations of the global carbon cycle and temperature to define emission reductions needed to stabilize climate and avoid potentially disastrous impacts on today’s young people, future generations, and nature. A cumulative industrial-era limit of ~500 GtC fossil fuel emissions and 100 GtC storage in the biosphere and soil would keep climate close to the Holocene range to which humanity and other species are adapted. Cumulative emissions of ~1000 GtC, sometimes associated with 2°C global warming, would spur “slow” feedbacks and eventual warming of 3–4°C with disastrous consequences. Rapid emissions reduction is required to restore Earth’s energy balance and avoid ocean heat uptake that would practically guarantee irreversible effects. Continuation of high fossil fuel emissions, given current knowledge of the consequences, would be an act of extraordinary witting intergenerational injustice. Responsible policymaking requires a rising price on carbon emissions that would preclude emissions from most remaining coal and unconventional fossil fuels and phase down emissions from conventional fossil fuels.
The 18 authors cite 259 references.. Anyone can read the full paper in PLOS ONE.
You love what again? LOL.
Our god is different ? or are you a non believer ? which would explain your belief in your science god ! judge not least ye be judged ! ok so we get off all fossil fuels and anything that produces carbon what does your science propose to do about natural planet made ghg's made by the planet or solar activity ?? which as we all know the planet and sun produce who knows how many more time ghg's than anything by man !!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27760 Jul 12, 2014
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> I have no problem with proven science car, computer, aircraft, etc . but long term globull anything simply does not exist ! so there for it's all false man made science !
I see, you cherry pick your science.
SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#27761 Jul 13, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When will you stop name calling?
You are the Topix record holder in insults and name calling, brainless..
SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#27762 Jul 13, 2014
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> Our god is different ? or are you a non believer ? which would explain your belief in your science god ! judge not least ye be judged ! ok so we get off all fossil fuels and anything that produces carbon what does your science propose to do about natural planet made ghg's made by the planet or solar activity ?? which as we all know the planet and sun produce who knows how many more time ghg's than anything by man !!!!!!!!!!
WOW.. you beat your previous records in being wrong.

Ask your wife to edit your posts from now on.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27763 Jul 13, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
You are the Topix record holder in insults and name calling, brainless..
You're on, the last insult toward me SpaceBlues posted on the previous page here: http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
SpaceBlues wrote:
When will you become a good-natured and sympathetic person, brainless?
Now, try to find any post where I've insulted another topix poster, I dare you.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27764 Jul 13, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"] the last insult toward me SpaceBlues posted on the previous page here:[/QUOTE]

Sounds complimentary.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27765 Jul 13, 2014
at home in lynching county wrote:
Coldest june on record in antarctica(sic).....
As reported, other than "at home in lynching county" has reported:

This is the coldest June ever recorded at the station(not Antarctica)......
Other unusual features of the June temperature record are an unusual excess of sunlight hours (11.8 hours rather than the normal 7.4 hours), and unusually light wind conditions.

Dumont d’Urville Station...... no other weather station for 1000km in any direction.
//////////
"at home in lynching county" needs lots more data to extrapolate over all of Antarctica.
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27766 Jul 13, 2014
Home in Lincoln County extrapolates what exactly ?
I find his extrapolations hard to follow...and the supporting mathematics
whew...
what is the baseline?.....what is the relationship direction?
Perhaps he just knows ?.......well that saves a lot of work... science regulated to the dust bin ......
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27767 Jul 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You're on, the last insult toward me SpaceBlues posted on the previous page here: http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
<quoted text>
Now, try to find any post where I've insulted another topix poster, I dare you.
I suppose anyone with the most meager science background might find your posts an insult .
I find your posts (agenda) largely humorous in nature...
What surprises me is that anyone bothers to respond to your posts at all.....
The fact that you have been given everything you have asked and avoid any that
would prove a baseline for any measureable debate I find strange.
I believe most understand your position regarding the subject....
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27768 Jul 14, 2014
Ah,.....no insult intended of course
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27769 Jul 14, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, you cherry pick your science.
It would seem the robins have already passed his tree :-)
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27770 Jul 14, 2014
27766 =relegated
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27771 Jul 14, 2014
Perhaps a new thread ?
Is BG's comments Of Any Scientific Value

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27772 Jul 14, 2014
SoE wrote:
I suppose anyone with the most meager science background might find your posts an insult . I find your posts (agenda) largely humorous in nature... What surprises me is that anyone bothers to respond to your posts at all..... The fact that you have been given everything you have asked and avoid any that would prove a baseline for any measureable debate I find strange. I believe most understand your position regarding the subject....
No insult taken, in fact I'm flattered you find the humor I pour into this and I feel happy to be appreciated. Let it be mutual admiration, I appreciate the irony of bothering to respond.

As for a measurable baseline, an experimental test is not too much to ask from this climate change mitigation scheme. What have you got?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27773 Jul 14, 2014
SoE wrote:
Perhaps a new thread ?
Is BG's comments Of Any Scientific Value
Give it a micron, watch out for your yard.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27774 Jul 14, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"] I'm flattered.....[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" is flattered to be recognized as a sleepy sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener. It accomplishes much with its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-ploooma. It is also flattered with its errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73+ million TIMES, 2.5+ trillion TIMES, & 3.5+ trillion TIMES.

"lyin' brian" is all this....... & much less!
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27775 Jul 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No insult taken, in fact I'm flattered you find the humor I pour into this and I feel happy to be appreciated. Let it be mutual admiration, I appreciate the irony of bothering to respond.
As for a measurable baseline, an experimental test is not too much to ask from this climate change mitigation scheme. What have you got?

What have you got?
Well,. Apparently more than you seem to understand and that should suffice....
As for a measurable baseline, an experimental test is not too much to ask from this climate change mitigation scheme.
It is you that are asking...I would assume you would set the perimeters.....
We will see(not in some vague unrealistic generalization) what you require....
bearing in mind neither you or I will make the decision how far your perceived
"scheme" will progress....
If you would do some research I believe you would come to a conclusion as
to why and the reasoning behind the direction this is progressing....
Granted it will take some time to filter the biology, chemistry etc. to understand
the consequences of a unbalanced atmosphere but I have hopes you are up to it.
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27776 Jul 14, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"lyin' brian" is flattered to be recognized . It is also flattered with its errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73+ million TIMES, 2.5+ trillion TIMES, & 3.5+ trillion TIMES.
"lyin' brian" is all this....... & much less!
MY,!.......that might reach some first magnitude errors?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NextEra Hawaiian Electric Pursuit Dims as Oncor... 1 hr Solarman 1
News Sweden phases out fossil fuels in attempt to ru... 1 hr Solarman 1
News Senator: Obama Steals From Zika Victims To Fund... 18 hr IB DaMann 9
News Solar shift: Falling costs make owning better t... 19 hr mrmaawk 5
News Protest for clean energy held in Cocoa Beach Tue Thuth 2
News Green Energy Subsidies Double Under Obama (Mar '15) Tue Some People s Chi... 15
News Nebraska utility head recommends closing nuclea... Mon Dr Abe Slocumvitch 4
More from around the web