Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28465 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27687 Jul 1, 2014
Ok so if all you believers and experts in warming know everything and have all the answers to fix this global problem I ask all of you just how do we as a planet stop the other aprox. 95 % of long term solar and planetary made ghg's ?????? I would think that for any reasonable thinking person this would be more of a problem than the aprox. 5% long term ghg's from manmade sources !!!!!!!!!!
Or could it be that in the big scheme of things the aprox.5 % really don't amount to more than a drop in the planetary thimble and warmers and the experts really don't know what they are talking about ! except to save their own skin be it a grant ,or other type of paycheck !!
Sadly I hate to say this but I really believe those of you who believe in warming / climate change are lacking in any common sense ! Oh sure some of you are highly educated but have a terrible lack of common sense and can not see when you are being bull shipped by those with an ax to grind or an income to save !

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27688 Jul 1, 2014
home in lincoln county wrote:
Ok so if all you believers and experts in warming know everything and have all the answers to fix this global problem I ask all of you just how do we as a planet stop the other aprox. 95 % of long term solar and planetary made ghg's ?????? I would think that for any reasonable thinking person this would be more of a problem than the aprox. 5% long term ghg's from manmade sources !!!!!!!!!!
Or could it be that in the big scheme of things the aprox.5 % really don't amount to more than a drop in the planetary thimble and warmers and the experts really don't know what they are talking about ! except to save their own skin be it a grant ,or other type of paycheck !!
Sadly I hate to say this but I really believe those of you who believe in warming / climate change are lacking in any common sense ! Oh sure some of you are highly educated but have a terrible lack of common sense and can not see when you are being bull shipped by those with an ax to grind or an income to save !
What are solar made GHG's? I don't think you have a clue. If CO2 is a reason that the Earth is warm enough to support life, why do you think increasing it 5%??(Actually about 25% higher than at any time in the past 420,000 years.) will not increase the temperature?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27689 Jul 1, 2014
Did they force you to publish this nonsense?

Why are you so confident that you make sense or science?

“CO2 levels continue to increase, the amount of heat in the climate system continues to increase, ice continues to melt, and the seas continue to rise,” said Ken Caldeira, an atmospheric scientist at the Carnegie Institution for Science’s Department of Global Ecology.“We will continue to break through threshold after threshold — unless we stop using the sky as a waste dump soon.”

Do you get it?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27690 Jul 1, 2014
<quoted text> of course as usual you fail to mention that i only brought to everyone's attention that fact that warmer NEVER mention ANY VOLCANIC activity ! never ! again I never said that there was more of less anything only that these volcans do exist and warmers NEVER TELL THE TRUTH !
Actually, you li again.

You can't handle the truth. Why are you so confident about your science prowess?

“CO2 levels continue to increase, the amount of heat in the climate system continues to increase, ice continues to melt, and the seas continue to rise,” said Ken Caldeira, an atmospheric scientist at the Carnegie Institution for Science’s Department of Global Ecology.“We will continue to break through threshold after threshold — unless we stop using the sky as a waste dump soon.”

Got it?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27691 Jul 1, 2014
Funny huh? LIE

Location hidden

#27692 Jul 2, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you li again.
You can't handle the truth. Why are you so confident about your science prowess?
Got it?
ice melt ? the news is aglow with report after report of massive ice expansion at the south polar regions ! so you continue to post false stories no I ! Oh I know the north polar regions are melting now ! Yea it's call summer melt and has been happening since the dawn of time !!
Rising sea levels ? what major city anywhere is or has been submerged due to ice melt anywhere ?? again more lies !
I seem to remember that world wide temps over the last 100 plus years has only risen less than 1 degree ! so again more lies !
At least tell the truth not already disproven faked results from even more disproven org's. and people !!

Location hidden

#27693 Jul 2, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
What are solar made GHG's? I don't think you have a clue. If CO2 is a reason that the Earth is warm enough to support life, why do you think increasing it 5%??(Actually about 25% higher than at any time in the past 420,000 years.) will not increase the temperature?
well according to you warmers the only cause of ghg's is man and no other source ! But i guess i should have been in more detail for all you experts and said solar heating of the ghg's ! ok all better now ?? Yet none of you can or have an answer to the question i posed no matter the % 5 ,25 , 30 how do any of you propose to stop planetary made ghg's and the effect of solar heating of the atmosphere and climate ? No matter how you try to twist the story long term planetary made ghg's and solar warming are a larger problem than anything man can produce !
So please what old musty dishonored study can you quote from to prove that man is the bigger problem that true proven science ? yes the same science you all boast about proves every time that the planet and sun are the two biggest sources of ghg's and planetary heat not man !!

Location hidden

#27694 Jul 2, 2014
Iam just waiting for one of you warmers to say that the massive growth of the south polar region is because of global / climate change !! Really you fools blame every type of weather climate change on globull warming ! Really every single change !! I mean come on does nothing naturally happen ??
And whats this another story about the largest growth on ice shelf ever recorded in just the last week ? Oh say it can't be so how could this happen ? After all you warmers all report that the ice caps have all but vanished , cities are under water , the planets eco weather system is in total collapse and we should burst into flames any second !!! oh this is posted on the real science web site . yea yea know none of you believe anything printed there either ! mark serreze the director down south claims that this massive ice growth is cause by globull warming because the warm air is being pushed toward the equator ?? what it's winter down south so of course the heated air will be pushed to the equator !! Another clueless warmer zombie !!!! Bet he gets paid real good to come out with these stories !! and we the taxpayers are the ones footing the bill to pay him !!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27695 Jul 2, 2014
<quoted text> well according to you warmers the only cause of ghg's is man and no other source ! But i guess i should have been in more detail for all you experts and said solar heating of the ghg's ! ok all better now ?? Yet none of you can or have an answer to the question i posed no matter the % 5 ,25 , 30 how do any of you propose to stop planetary made ghg's and the effect of solar heating of the atmosphere and climate ? No matter how you try to twist the story long term planetary made ghg's and solar warming are a larger problem than anything man can produce !
So please what old musty dishonored study can you quote from to prove that man is the bigger problem that true proven science ? yes the same science you all boast about proves every time that the planet and sun are the two biggest sources of ghg's and planetary heat not man !!
I am sure that you have evidence to back up your brash statements? no!
SpaceBlues

Tomball, TX

#27696 Jul 2, 2014
Its arrogance stems from its ignorance, LOL.

Location hidden

#27697 Jul 4, 2014
Oh wait a hurricane !!!!!!! I know it would have never developed had it not been for globull / climate change !!! planet never had hurricanes until there was globull / climate change !
Which means there have been hurricanes since the first day of planet earth ! and where was man made ghg's back then !!!!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27698 Jul 4, 2014
Oh wait a hurricane !!!!!!! I know it would have never developed had it not been for globull / climate change !!! planet never had hurricanes until there was globull / climate change !
Which means there have been hurricanes since the first day of planet earth ! and where was man made ghg's back then !!!!!
Impatient, aren't you? Wait, non-expert, for the expert assessments, won't you?

Hey, your arrogance, ahem, ignorance knows no bounds. Was there an atmosphere in the beginning of this planet?

No, there was NOT. There you go again. Show this to your wife.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27699 Jul 4, 2014
at home in lynching county wrote:
Iam(sic) just waiting for one of you warmers to say that the massive growth of the south polar region is because of global / climate change...
"at home in lynching county" has been MIA for a decade plus(its entire life?). In 2002 AGW scientists predicted that Antarctic sea ice would increase. The prediction was re-confirmed in 2005. sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars point out this AGW scientists' prediction, as if it weren't an AGW scientist prediction.

All this has been reported a hundred times on toxic topix AGW forums. Indeed, "at home in lynching county" & all other sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars are MIA.
Todays weather question

Minneapolis, MN

#27700 Jul 4, 2014
litesong.
Very strange post. Kinda creepy.
Todays weather question

Minneapolis, MN

#27701 Jul 4, 2014
Also just read some posts by SpaceBlues.
What is attracting such people to this site?
A window to the thoughts of two disturbed minds.
Do any of those reading their posts feel they may be a danger to themselves or others?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27702 Jul 4, 2014
Todays weather question wrote:
Also just read some posts by SpaceBlues.
What is attracting such people to this site?
A window to the thoughts of two disturbed minds.
Do any of those reading their posts feel they may be a danger to themselves or others?
If you can't stand the heat..

So was there an atmosphere in the beginning, creationist?

A window to the mischief of another ignorant denier. Happy 4th!

Location hidden

#27703 Jul 5, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Impatient, aren't you? Wait, non-expert, for the expert assessments, won't you?
Hey, your arrogance, ahem, ignorance knows no bounds. Was there an atmosphere in the beginning of this planet?
No, there was NOT. There you go again. Show this to your wife.
Atmosphere or not the message was that you warmers blame every type of climate / weather change on globull /climate change from sand storms to hurricanes and everything in between ! While none of you ever tell the truth that most if not all are from natural earth changes / causes and not man ! why else would you all deny and some even lie about the fact that there are natural earth causes that effect the planet more than anything man has been doing !

Location hidden

#27704 Jul 5, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"at home in lynching county" has been MIA for a decade plus(its entire life?). In 2002 AGW scientists predicted that Antarctic sea ice would increase. The prediction was re-confirmed in 2005. sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars point out this AGW scientists' prediction, as if it weren't an AGW scientist prediction.
All this has been reported a hundred times on toxic topix AGW forums. Indeed, "at home in lynching county" & all other sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars are MIA.
Oh please names these unbiased sources that you quote from ?? remember unbiased !!! you know those who really tell the truth !!!

Location hidden

#27705 Jul 5, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that you have evidence to back up your brash statements? no!
Oh please quote from an unbiased source that refutes my post . remember unbiased and truthful !!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27706 Jul 5, 2014
<quoted text> Atmosphere or not the message was that you warmers blame every type of climate / weather change on globull /climate change from sand storms to hurricanes and everything in between ! While none of you ever tell the truth that most if not all are from natural earth changes / causes and not man ! why else would you all deny and some even lie about the fact that there are natural earth causes that effect the planet more than anything man has been doing !
Did your wife see what you post here?

Your words don't make any sense in science. You dismiss the science as if you are allowed to by posting blah blah.

Hey submit a paper to a science journal, pay the fees, and see what happens to your words.

LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alliance of blue states vows to meet Paris clim... 8 hr Pat Robertson s F... 1
News Al Gore warns that Trump is ignoring weather ap... 13 hr Talkin Bout Perverts 223
News Trump's climate pullback opens door to Chinese ... Sep 19 C Kersey 27
News Floridians with Solar Inverters had Electricity... Sep 17 Solarman 2
News Army, Georgia Power build 250-acre solar energy... (Dec '16) Sep 17 Jamesmatheson 3
News Smart internet applications to bolster renewabl... Sep 17 Solarman 1
News How solar power can protect US military from th... Sep 15 Solarman 1
More from around the web