Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28308 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#27585 Feb 3, 2014
The problem with deniers they are addicted to simple, climate is just too complex for them to take in. So they dismiss it, because it turns their simple world upside down in terms of addressing it.

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#27588 Feb 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You happen to be a certified liar.
I learnt this from another denier here: GET LOST.
Personal attacks are the only weapons of Global Warming Hoaxers, because there are no cogent arguments to support irrational hatred of US and UK Taxpayers.

Meanwhile, the Global Warming control freaks sent a ship down to Antarctica to research global warming and got trapped in an ice floe that two icebreakers could not penetrate. I guess the Antarctic authorities didn't get the memo from East Anglia about how its ice MUST not expand.

"The alarmists set sail for Antarctica with a plan to show the world how badly alleged man-made “global warming” was wreaking havoc across the region. Instead, their Russian-flagged ship was frozen in place after sea-ice coverage hit record-high levels this year." Online source is http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environmen...

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#27589 Feb 4, 2014
Meanwhile, volcanoes continue to erupt ash into the sky and to block the rays of the sun from penetrating the atmosphere of the earth. This creates more global cooling to frustrate the Global Warming control freaks to even worse frenzies of name-calling and silly insults directed toward hard-pressed US and UK Taxpayers.

"The Chaparrastique volcano in eastern El Salvador belched a column of hot ash high into the air on Sunday, frightening nearby residents and prompting authorities to order evacuations in the area." Online source is http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/29...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27591 Feb 4, 2014
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
..control freaks sent ..
"The alarmists set ..wreaking havoc across the region. Instead..-alarmists-stuck-in-a ntarctic-sea-ice
Personal attacks by YOU, lol... "Get lost" as another denier like you said.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27592 Feb 4, 2014
Philliproy wrote:
,,?lite
Understanding global warming requires understanding the changes in climate forcings that have occurred since the industrial revolution. These include positive forcing from increased greenhouse gases, negative forcing from increased sulphate aerosols and poorly constrained forcings from indirect aerosol feedbacks as well as minor contributions from solar variability and other factors.[Read it, Wikipedia]
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#27593 Feb 4, 2014
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal attacks are the only weapons of Global Warming Hoaxers, because there are no cogent arguments to support irrational hatred of US and UK Taxpayers.
Meanwhile, the Global Warming control freaks sent a ship down to Antarctica to research global warming and got trapped in an ice floe that two icebreakers could not penetrate. I guess the Antarctic authorities didn't get the memo from East Anglia about how its ice MUST not expand.
"The alarmists set sail for Antarctica with a plan to show the world how badly alleged man-made “global warming” was wreaking havoc across the region. Instead, their Russian-flagged ship was frozen in place after sea-ice coverage hit record-high levels this year." Online source is http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environmen...
No, there are no cogent arguments to support irrational hatred of US and UK Taxpayers. So why are you claiming it is happening?

What proof do you have of a hoax?
How many people are involved in perpetrating this hoax?
What is the purpose of the hoax and how will that purpose be realized?
Why haven't you exposed this hoax with your evidence?
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#27594 Feb 4, 2014
Earth’s Magnetic Field weakening:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27595 Feb 5, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

No, there are no cogent arguments to support irrational hatred of US and UK Taxpayers. So why are you claiming it is happening?
What proof do you have of a hoax?
How many people are involved in perpetrating this hoax?
What is the purpose of the hoax and how will that purpose be realized?
Why haven't you exposed this hoax with your evidence?
Excellent questions..

Since: Jul 13

Neptune, NJ

#27596 Feb 27, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent questions..
I’ve been reading a lot as of late, on some kind of mission or quest, perhaps a thirst for knowledge would better define my behavior the last year or so. I don’t post here much cause of all the denier crap, name calling ect….all the childish bullshit surrounding the most catastrophic event to befall the human race….ever.
There is just so much knowledge available on the Internet about anything, I’ve found the deeper I dig the more science I find. The more I read the more I understand, the longer I stare at graphs and charts, the better I understand. Not having (regrettably) a strong background in science, it takes time and a lot of reading to grasp and understand what science is telling us.
I read scientific literature, published papers, abstracts of scientific papers. I read scientific forums, where peer reviewed paper are disseminated and discussed. I read scientific blogs where science, glaciologist, physics, climatologist, environmentalist, geologist, and mathematicians and applied sciences are discussed. At times, and not to often I ask a question, but only rarely as not to interfere with the information flow.
I’ve acquired direct links to satellites where I can input date and receive high quality near real time images of areas I’m interested in. Then post these images and read direct responses from scientist explaining how and why of these events, scientist from NASA and NOAA and the NWS. Post grad students doing research and posting preliminary results on line.
The brief confusion I experienced several months ago caused mostly by deniers posting the same crap over and over and over again. Things like that stupid “warming hiatus” or lack of surface temperature rise being not balanced in accordance with energy acquired by radiative forcing, forcing that is growing exponentially every day, hour, minute everywhere, building up heat within our globe.
Everywhere there are clues as to what’s happening but not the extreme events that would be required to get every human on this planet in line with solutions to agw. Over the last three years I’ve made modifications to my life style, my home, food, transportation everything. I thought that all the money and hard work would certainly shed a favorable light on the results of what I had done. An on-line survey after I pluged in all the new info said my life style = 3.8 earths. I recently read a book called the Oil drum, available on line, all 700 and some pages in a pdf format for free, that was really depressing.
If they burn that Can/tar sand shit we are fucked in a hurry, if they don’t and modify our energy policies to the extreme, say a reduction across the board of 80percent within 5 years the damage will still be horrible but reversible to some degree. We are at a point in human history where we need to step up and act as one. The next El-nino event, this year or next will put a stop to all the fucking denier nonsense. By the year 2030 or 2035 we will begin to see a wide spread and dramatic collapse of society. Food and water wars will be come more common than they are today….The Arab spring was caused by agw…as Russia stopped exporting wheat because of the drought conditions in Russia and the price of wheat products like bread tripled within one week in Egypt giving rise to social unrest and associated death.
In Syria the unprecedented drought caused the destruction of 80% of the food crops and 75% of the farm animals, all due to the lack of water. In turn there was mass migration of the rural population into the cities resulting in social unrest and eventually war. These conditions are rising all over the planet, some in areas where the governments involved have nuclear weapons.
This shit is real as it gets, it’s all over the news and the Internet all one has to do is connect the dots.
Best,
Bligh

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#27597 Feb 28, 2014
bligh wrote:
<quoted text>
The brief confusion I experienced several months ago caused mostly by deniers posting the same crap over and over and over again. Things like that stupid “warming hiatus” or lack of surface temperature rise being not balanced in accordance with energy acquired by radiative forcing, forcing that is growing exponentially every day, hour, minute everywhere, building up heat within our globe.
Everywhere there are clues as to what’s happening but not the extreme events that would be required to get every human on this planet in line with solutions to agw. Over the last three years I’ve made modifications to my life style, my home, food, transportation everything. I thought that all the money and hard work would certainly shed a favorable light on the results of what I had done. An on-line survey after I pluged in all the new info said my life style = 3.8 earths. I recently read a book called the Oil drum, available on line, all 700 and some pages in a pdf format for free, that was really depressing.
If they burn that Can/tar sand shit we are fucked in a hurry, if they don’t and modify our energy policies to the extreme, say a reduction across the board of 80percent within 5 years the damage will still be horrible but reversible to some degree. We are at a point in human history where we need to step up and act as one. The next El-nino event, this year or next will put a stop to all the fucking denier nonsense. By the year 2030 or 2035 we will begin to see a wide spread and dramatic collapse of society. Food and water wars will be come more common than they are today….The Arab spring was caused by agw…as Russia stopped exporting wheat because of the drought conditions in Russia and the price of wheat products like bread tripled within one week in Egypt giving rise to social unrest and associated death.
In Syria the unprecedented drought caused the destruction of 80% of the food crops and 75% of the farm animals, all due to the lack of water. In turn there was mass migration of the rural population into the cities resulting in social unrest and eventually war. These conditions are rising all over the planet, some in areas where the governments involved have nuclear weapons.
This shit is real as it gets, it’s all over the news and the Internet all one has to do is connect the dots.
Best,
Bligh
Don't expect the Fox fed freaks to try to garner the truth by their own efforts. The lazy way is to simply parrot the RW anti-science propaganda. It is pathetic how the Republicans have rejected science for what they perceive as economic gain. It is time for them to face reality. Mankind is altering the environment and destroying finite resources. It is a failure, at this point, of capitalism equating the future problems with quick profits today. What is gained today will be paid for tomorrow. There is no free lunch. Mother nature will have the final say.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#27598 Feb 28, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Why do you lie so much?
Because you are angry? Why are you so angry?
Here's the reason it is angry. Anyone named, "at home in lynching county" must be angry & a liar.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27599 May 11, 2014
Greeting dirt people !!!! Well we are back to the hi country after a nice winter vacation south of the border . We stopped in Al. to help friends who lost everything from the tornados a couple a weeks ago . They lost everything but will rebuild and stay . Now I know all you fear mongers will all spew that these tornado's were caused by globull warming - climate not change !!! I welcome anyone who can show 100 % no doubt proof that this is the case ! Not just some other fools word for it like uncle al or some skewed false computer model or a wild guess from some talking head who looks to line his pockets like al ! But a complete total non biased long term study of more than 100 years by a non biased group or person without an ax to grind or a dollar to be made . But remember that you dirt people blame EVERY TYPE OF WEATHER OR CLIMATE change on what ? So I doubt that any of you who are biased yourselves could find anyone or group of unbiased studies ! And lastly my question to all of the dirt ball warm change bull believers is this if someone or group proved that your beliefs in global scare mongering were totally beyond any doubt wrong would any of you publicly admit you were and had been wrong on these pages ?
So remember I and the other non believers want totally unbiased no bull truthful no b. s. long term facts !!!!
now I am off to mend fences and check the cattle might snow tonight got to get them ready .

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#27600 May 11, 2014
home in lincoln county wrote:
Greeting dirt people !!!! Well we are back to the hi country after a nice winter vacation south of the border . We stopped in Al. to help friends who lost everything from the tornados a couple a weeks ago . They lost everything but will rebuild and stay . Now I know all you fear mongers will all spew that these tornado's were caused by globull warming - climate not change !!! I welcome anyone who can show 100 % no doubt proof that this is the case ! Not just some other fools word for it like uncle al or some skewed false computer model or a wild guess from some talking head who looks to line his pockets like al ! But a complete total non biased long term study of more than 100 years by a non biased group or person without an ax to grind or a dollar to be made . But remember that you dirt people blame EVERY TYPE OF WEATHER OR CLIMATE change on what ? So I doubt that any of you who are biased yourselves could find anyone or group of unbiased studies ! And lastly my question to all of the dirt ball warm change bull believers is this if someone or group proved that your beliefs in global scare mongering were totally beyond any doubt wrong would any of you publicly admit you were and had been wrong on these pages ?
So remember I and the other non believers want totally unbiased no bull truthful no b. s. long term facts !!!!
now I am off to mend fences and check the cattle might snow tonight got to get them ready .
What is the point of showing you anything, so far you have filtered what you want to hear or see. So there is no point telling you black is black when you believe it's white.
Although if you are a farmer like you say, then you will be one of the first to notice how climate can have an impact and most of us will still be around to say I told you so as well.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#27601 May 12, 2014
Just another mole to whack.....
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27602 May 12, 2014
There's no home without dirt.

Bury your anger in it. Grow some petunias.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27603 Jun 1, 2014
"at home in lynching county" coughed:
Greeting dirt people......
//////////
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
/////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Haven't heard from "at home in lynching county". Must be on lynching overtime.
adren

Warwick, UK

#27604 Jun 2, 2014
hi sir
very good today everyday
an space robot blower up today and everyone died
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27605 Jun 2, 2014
adren wrote:
hi sir
very good today everyday
an space robot blower up today and everyone died
Hi, robot!
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27606 Jun 3, 2014
Greeting dirt people !!!! Well we are back to the hi country after a nice winter vacation south of the border .
Good that you had an enjoyable vacation
now I am off to mend fences and check the cattle might snow tonight got to get them ready
Was your return prompted by a cell phone call from the cows informing you on exactly how
to ready them for a possible danger ?
Given your posts I would assume it was that rather than any learned procedures acquired from range management education or passed experiences.....
Talking with cows can possibly lead you astray when the subject turns to climatology .
I would review that source with considerable skepticism
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27607 Jun 3, 2014
litesong wrote:
"at home in lynching county" coughed:
Greeting dirt people......
//////////
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
/////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Haven't heard from "at home in lynching county". Must be on lynching overtime.
Petunia planting takes time,:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 24 min RayOne 128
News Obama to unveil more ambitious climate change plan 9 hr Black Annie 5
News How battery-powered homes are unplugging Australia Jul 31 Solarman 1
News More solar panels are going on rooftops, but mo... Jul 29 Solarman 1
News XsunX Added to Prominent Clean Energy Finance C... Jul 29 solari 3
News Sunseeker Energy Holding AG and Nations Roof Pl... (Sep '09) Jul 28 amed20 85
News Researchers boost solar energy by tapping infra... Jul 28 Solarman 1
More from around the web