Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28465 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

litesong

Everett, WA

#27438 Oct 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]The climate might warm, cool.......[/QUOTE]

Hey......been waiting for the toxic topix AGW denier cycle to return us to pre-20th century temperatures ever since the sun reached its hundred plus year TSI low for its overly long period & all the cold cyclical ocean patterns turned negative.
toxic topix AGW deniers promised.

Hey..... if toxic topix AGW deniers can't do that, how 'bout getting the 1980 Arctic sea ice to come back, since toxic topix AGW deniers told us the sea ice increased 60%(which it didn't). toxic topix AGW deniers got ta manufacture & hold on to 10,000 cubic kilometers of Arctic sea ice by September 2014........

toxic topix AGW deniers promised.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27439 Oct 31, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Perhaps, that is what happened to the poor thing! zzzzaaaaaap!!!
It was a poor thing well before the lightning strike.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27440 Oct 31, 2013
No I don't sit in judgement of anyone like most here do simply because the person does not agree with their views of the so called x spurts of global warming . I only observe and comment , all of you make your own bed before the Lord . As I have posted He gives all of us the ability to choose right from wrong ( free will )and putting science above him is wrong . But I would venture from the post here that most here say they believe in God but only give lip service to his house and would rather wish that his believers would just go away in order to make their own lives less bothered with His words . and like it or not Al gore is a fake ,money grabber, lier , PERVERT who DOES NOT PRACTICE WHAT HE PREACHES .
SpaceBlues

United States

#27441 Oct 31, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
No I don't sit in judgement of anyone like most here do simply because the person does not agree with their views of the so called x spurts of global warming . I only observe and comment , all of you make your own bed before the Lord . As I have posted He gives all of us the ability to choose right from wrong ( free will )and putting science above him is wrong . But I would venture from the post here that most here say they believe in God but only give lip service to his house and would rather wish that his believers would just go away in order to make their own lives less bothered with His words . and like it or not Al gore is a fake ,money grabber, lier , PERVERT who DOES NOT PRACTICE WHAT HE PREACHES .
Petty.. pathetic..

You are playing god with your judgments of others. You are in deep trouble therefore here and in the hereafter..

By the way.. Pacific Ocean Warming 15 Times Faster Than Before!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27442 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The climate might warm, cool or stay about the same. Climate always changes.
Right now, it's getting warmer.

I recognize that. You don't. You're an idiot. I'm not.

This is where we differ.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27443 Nov 1, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
No I don't sit in judgement of anyone like most here do....
I only observe and comment....
As I have posted He gives all of us the ability to choose right from wrong ( free will )....
putting science above him is wrong .....
Al gore is a fake ,money grabber, lier , PERVERT who DOES NOT PRACTICE WHAT HE PREACHES .
You do.
You do.
Yes, and He gave us a brain to determine right from wrong.
Science cannot be above God because everything is of God.

Al Gore may be all those things, but it is not for you to decide. I am thinking that your statement of his perversion lies closer to home.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27444 Nov 2, 2013
Speaking of experts..

Mammal body size decreased significantly during at least two ancient global warming events. A new finding that suggests a similar outcome is possible in response to human-caused climate change, according to a University of Michigan paleontologist and his colleagues.
SoE

Rapid City, SD

#27445 Nov 3, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>Those who keep their faith in the pronouncements of CAGW seem to be quite confused. They appear blind to the fact that:
It is they who believe we need saving.
It is they who embrace the "goal" of saving all of humanity from certain Climate Catastrophe.
It is they who warn the 'End Times' will soon be upon us if we do not heed their warnings and change our wicked ways.
Look in the mirror...
It is you who claims to know the 'Truth' about CO2
It is you who witness to those whom you say blaspheme your infallible leaders.
It is you who base your 'knowledge' of the future on unproven and unprovable principles.

The rest of us (heretics) are simply saying we do not share the same faith in prophecies based on your "Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Catastrophic Global Climate Disruption Orthodoxy".
Loons for sale or rent
Hemispheres 50 cents...
SoE

Rapid City, SD

#27446 Nov 3, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>

It is you who claims to know the 'Truth' about CO2
It is you who witness to those whom you say blaspheme your infallible leaders.

The rest of us (heretics)
Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO 2 ) is a naturally occurring chemical compound composed of two oxygen atoms covalently bonded to a single carbon atom.(Joseph Black..1750's)
I have yet to see the words "blaspheme or heretic" in the science books I possess...
Perhaps were not on the same page ?
I have one...you don't have a book
that may be what's leading to a discrepancy in scientific understanding...I do....you don't ...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27447 Nov 3, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Right now, it's getting warmer. I recognize that. You don't. You're an idiot. I'm not. This is where we differ.
Because we put greenhouse gas into the air when we burn fossil fuel? A radiation so insignificant, it's invisible and you can only detect with supercold sensors? The human body radiates heat, our eyes would be swamped by our own body heat if they could see IR. CO2 reflects back or absorbs a small amount of heat, our bodies heat makes that undetectable to the naked eye.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#27448 Nov 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Because we put greenhouse gas into the air when we burn fossil fuel? A radiation so insignificant, it's invisible and you can only detect with supercold sensors?
You can detect it with a hand-held thermometer.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2013/04/direct-ev...

Supercold sensors? Sounds like Gord. He was an idiot, you know.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#27449 Nov 3, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
From a link on the cite above:
Global Warming

“Global warming” refers to the global-average temperature increase that has been observed over the last one hundred years or more. But to many politicians and the public, the term carries the implication that mankind is responsible for that warming. This website describes evidence from my group’s government-funded research that suggests global warming is mostly natural, and that the climate system is quite insensitive to humanity’s greenhouse gas emissions and aerosol pollution.
http://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-na...

"the green troll"

#27450 Nov 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>From a link on the cite above:
Global Warming
“Global warming” refers to the global-average temperature increase that has been observed over the last one hundred years or more. But to many politicians and the public, the term carries the implication that mankind is responsible for that warming. This website describes evidence from my group’s government-funded research that suggests global warming is mostly natural, and that the climate system is quite insensitive to humanity’s greenhouse gas emissions and aerosol pollution.
http://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-na...
In that, Roy Spencer goes against the consensus, but at least he understands the basic physics, and points out buffoonish nonsense when he sees it.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#27451 Nov 3, 2013
Right, I never claimed we haven't invented tools to detect IR radiation, just it's invisible. And I explained that's because of human metabolism, our body heat distorts any IR signal from global warming to our eyes.

Ever notice how cold blooded animals use IR and bats use sonar? And no animal or plants mitigates climate change.

"the green troll"

#27452 Nov 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Right, I never claimed we haven't invented tools to detect IR radiation, just it's invisible.
You said:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Because we put greenhouse gas into the air when we burn fossil fuel? A radiation so insignificant, it's invisible and you can only detect with supercold sensors?
Which is bullshit.

Even the AGW sceptic scientists like Spencer go to great lengths to point out it's bullshit.

Why don't you just admit it was bullshit?

Because you're lyin' brian.

You'll just post the same crap again later as if nothing happened.
SpaceBlues

United States

#27453 Nov 4, 2013
As long as b_gone posts are responded to in a correct way .. the world is thus informed properly.
SoE

Rapid City, SD

#27454 Nov 4, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll just post the same crap again later as if nothing happened.
I have been told that to preform the same action over and over expecting different results borders on insanity...
His insightful and imaginative posts would seem to fall into that category...
Caps lock causes climate change?...Well, that certainly is a exacting indicator of mental function....
Fishing for responses using that sort of tactic ?..I wonder :-)

"the green troll"

#27455 Nov 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
Fishing for responses using that sort of tactic ?..I wonder :-)
Aka trolling.

Yes, brian is a troll.
Freak Out Fiction

Riverside, NJ

#27456 Nov 5, 2013
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27458 Nov 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Right, I never claimed we haven't invented tools to detect IR radiation, just it's invisible. And I explained that's because of human metabolism, our body heat distorts any IR signal from global warming to our eyes.
Ever notice how cold blooded animals use IR and bats use sonar? And no animal or plants mitigates climate change.
Plankton mitigates climate change.
Rainforests mitigate climate change.
Man mitigates climate change.

Note Green Troll's comment above.

You're an idiot. He's not. In fact, he's very intelligent.

This is where yall differ!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Battery Power Gives Boost to Renewables Sat tina anne 143
News Hastings couple making switch to solar power (Jan '16) Apr 27 Dalma 4
News Southern California Edison Named No. 1 Solar Ut... Apr 27 Solarman 1
News California bill would force utilities to give r... Apr 26 Solarman 1
News Trump's tax reform outline promises fight over ... Apr 26 Solarman 1
News The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal W... Apr 26 Solarman 1
News Hawaii says yes to biofuel refinery (Apr '12) Apr 26 RiccardoFire 12
More from around the web