Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28335 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27380 Oct 20, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Galileo, Johannes Kepler & many other scientists were & are strong & powerful believers in God.
Lots of AGW advocates believe in God.
I'm a Christian. But I don't believe in "god's message delivered by re-pubic-lick-uns".
Your life as a non-scientist & disbeliever in science has led you to an erroneous conclusion that science believers & God-believers can't be the same person.
Wrong again Swan Song , A true Christian would NEVER PUT SCIENCE BEFORE GOD !!!! So therefor we can all assume that most believers in science are non believers in God as he should be first and NOT YOUR SCIENCE ! And sorry not a Republican either INDEPENDANT ! As I have supported folks from each party over the years .
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#27381 Oct 20, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text>Well as usual your wrong my wife and i donate to many programs from disadvantage kids in cities to our local church , not to feel good but because it's the right thing to do
Easing your conscience while profiting from destruction is hardly 'CHRISTIAN'.
not to feel good but because it's the right thing to do , can you say the same ?, and as for land we own several acres that we have restored to it;s natural being
Undoubtedly for private property that only YOU and your cohorts can 'enjoy'. This is also typical of the false Christian that tend to join the right wing.

Your hypocrisy is too stupid. Christianity is about being good stewards of the land for EVERYBODY and you have to put yourself into it, not just throw some small change at it.

I seriously doubt if you will ever understand Christian values. You have what you CONSIDER to be Christianity and can ignore it most days.

As you are doing with your responsibility to preserve the climate and resources for future generations.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#27382 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text> Wrong again Swan Song , A true Christian would NEVER PUT SCIENCE BEFORE GOD
Claiming that science is 'Ungodly' is about as stupid as it gets. Nor is ignorance of the world a mark of worship.
<quoted text>So therefor we can all assume that most believers in science are non believers in God as he should be first and NOT YOUR SCIENCE!
God said for man to look after the land. He did not say that he must do it in IGNORANCE. To learn about how the world works and ensure that we do no harm is how true Christians approach it.

You fail both to care about learning about GODS work (the world, i.e. science) but about your fellow man who pays the price for your ignorance.
And sorry not a Republican either INDEPENDANT ! As I have supported folks from each party over the years .
Your basic politics is of the right wing mainstream. Using GOD as a 'pretext' for your hypocrisy.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27383 Oct 20, 2013
People are what they say they are. Let it be!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#27384 Oct 20, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
People are what they say they are. Let it be!
Point is that hypocrites are NOT who they 'say' they are. He is like a middle age's noble, having bought enough 'pardons' from a pardoner to last his entire weekend of sloth and debauchery..

If he was CHRISTIAN he would live for the VALUES of Christianity instead of using it as a 'pretext' for his sins.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27385 Oct 20, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
People who want to discuss their religion should engage in relevant net sites.
P.S. What's a powerful believer? A pope, duh.
These AGW forums have hosted posts on nearly every subject, from AGW advocates, AGW deniers, from racists, threateners, schooled & unskuled, intelligent people & stupid people.

No need to suppress one particular subject.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27386 Oct 20, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
These AGW forums have hosted posts on nearly every subject, from AGW advocates, AGW deniers, from racists, threateners, schooled & unskuled, intelligent people & stupid people.
No need to suppress one particular subject.
You did not answer my question. Who's a powerful believer?

LOL. Who can suppress a subject here?

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27387 Oct 20, 2013
What's a powerful believer?
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27388 Oct 20, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
One who believes onto death, in the power of the Blood of the Lamb.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27389 Oct 21, 2013
at home in lynching county wrote:
Wrong again litesong , A true Christian would NEVER PUT SCIENCE BEFORE GOD !!!!
"at home in lynching county"........ A true Christian would never put messages delivered by re-pubic-lick-uns & tea partiers before god. Oh, that's right. re-pubic-lick-uns & tea partiers are the righteous messengers of god & so is "at home in lynching county".
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27390 Oct 22, 2013
Perhaps there is a higher power "God" a concept worthy of a singular word.
Until proven wrong I will assume the label science is used in a general way to describe and understand the products and actions that are manifest from the beginning to this point in time.
Think of it as an exact language of understanding
of the mechanics of creation as mathematics more clearly defines relationships..
Where many sink into problems is confusing science with motive...
I will leave the motive of what is perceived as reality to others.
They may even wish to debate why the universe is the construct it is, from a physics standpoint, and no/not another...
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27391 Oct 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Many years ago, in the middle ages at least, I was told that it was best demonstrated by the priest swinging the incense burner among the parishioners...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#27392 Oct 22, 2013
Lynching County is wrong in his claim that "A true Christian would NEVER PUT SCIENCE BEFORE GOD". Science is not 'before' GOD. GOD made the world (so the bible says) but nothing says HOW HE DID IT. Learning about his works is an act of worship in my view, and probably most scientists. Lynching county is claiming that IGNORANCE is 'worship' which is silly and illustrates why HE is 'ignorant'.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27393 Oct 22, 2013
Speaking of Mr. Gore, "24 Hours Of Reality" starts today at 1PM CDT. The theme this year is "The Cost of Carbon".

For those of us in the know, it may be a rehash of what we already know, but still, you may learn something if you tune in. I could say the same for the deniers here, but I would probably be overly optimistic in doing so.

For any fence-sitters, like the old-school Republican who just joined us, watch it from your fence and then make up your mind.

http://forms.climaterealityproject.org/page/m ...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27394 Oct 22, 2013
Wait for experimental tests before committing to climate change mitigation policy. Common sense, don't buy a pig in a poke.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#27395 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Wait for experimental tests before committing to climate change mitigation policy. Common sense, don't buy a pig in a poke.
Your problem is that you poke the pig.
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27396 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Please define what you would consider a valid test...as a start.
please delete the quality "experimental."
You may also wish to define common sense ?
That which clearly resembles a pig in a poke may bracket the allowable responses to your posts...
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27397 Oct 23, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Your problem is that you poke the pig.
Whoa, whoa, whoa........If you're gonna copy me, you must copy me correctly:

"slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener lyin' brian" is the pig that is poked.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#27398 Oct 23, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, whoa, whoa........If you're gonna copy me, you must copy me correctly:
"slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener lyin' brian" is the pig that is poked.
LOL, What else but a pig poker!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27399 Oct 23, 2013
The ancestors of modern carpenter bees may have vanished from Earth roughly 65 million years ago, around the same time the dinosaurs were wiped out, a new study finds.

The new research suggests the bee extinction lasted about 10 million years.

The findings should generate great interest in the field, said John Ascher, assistant professor in the department of biological sciences at the National University of Singapore and a research associate in the division of invertebrate zoology at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. But Ascher, who wasn't involved in the current research, said studies that use molecular phylogenetics tend to be "speculative in their reliance on unrealistic and insufficiently justified evolutionary models."

"I would be much more enthusiastic about the discovery of a reliable fossil within any of the extant Xylocopinae tribes (the authors note that there are none)," Ascher told LiveScience in an email.

Still, the findings could shed some light on the declines that are being observed in current bee populations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Caltecha s a artificial leafa could revolut... 19 min SpaceBlues 1
News Solar Energy Is Not A Viable Alternative To Fos... Thu yandli 2
News Nuclear power holds key to clean energy in future Thu Solarman 1
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... Aug 25 sandy1 189
News Solar energy slashes electricity bill Aug 25 KitemanSA 2
News Apple and Google Pour Billions Down a Green Drain Aug 25 KitemanSA 2
News Obama to appear at 8th clean energy summit in L... Aug 24 spytheweb 1
More from around the web