Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 Full story: Kansas.com 27,952

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Conway, AR

#27327 Oct 14, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> No I'll leave the mouthing and lack of gumption to you and the rest of the so called x spurts here , as all of you are x spurts at running of the mouth based on little or no facts just more scare mongering and B. S. links to your fellow doom and gloomers !
Another empty reply from an empty head. Admit it! You just can't back up your mouth.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27328 Oct 14, 2013
at home in lynching county wrote:
I am sure I smoked some of that stuff..... back in the 60's.....
Now we know WHY you have no science or mathematics degrees or any science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27329 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Gee litesong, did you know this:
analemma --
Yeah, the equation of time is the east & west components of the analemma. Ptolemy tried to force the solar system into an Earth centered universe based on circles. Copernicus tried to force the solar system into a sun centered universe based on circles. Only Johannes Kepler got it right, calculating equi-area-time elliptical orbits of Earth & other planets around the Sun to accurately match Tycho's meticulous observations.

I love the 12 inch Earth globes, that include the analemma.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27330 Oct 14, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the equation of time is the east & west components of the analemma. Ptolemy tried to force the solar system into an Earth centered universe based on circles. Copernicus tried to force the solar system into a sun centered universe based on circles. Only Johannes Kepler got it right, calculating equi-area-time elliptical orbits of Earth & other planets around the Sun to accurately match Tycho's meticulous observations.
I love the 12 inch Earth globes, that include the analemma.
This photographer Tunc Tezel has been taking first of a kind photos. You can follow the links to more like the sunrise analemma, tutulemma, etc.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#27331 Oct 14, 2013
GreenTV wrote:
GreenTV has an exclusive video interview with Dr. Hansen and Good Morning Show's Ann Curry.
You can view it free at http://www.greentv.com/
My best to all,
Lori Lake
CFO: GreenTV
Yes!
We must act fast before people realize anthropogenic climate change is a BS Libtard hoax meant to redistribute wealth.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27332 Oct 14, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
We must act fast before people realize anthropogenic climate change is a BS Libtard hoax meant to redistribute wealth.
Correction.. We must act fast before the fossil fuel interests and their shills redistribute all public resources as their own wealth via anthropogenic global warming and resulting climate change and other consequences.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#27333 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Correction.. We must act fast before the fossil fuel interests and their shills redistribute all public resources as their own wealth via anthropogenic global warming and resulting climate change and other consequences.
Is it fun living in your own imaginary world of ignorance?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27334 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Is it fun living in your own imaginary world of ignorance?
My correction is based on science.

You are hysterical, no-polymath. Start reading..

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/07/1...

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#27335 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Correction.. We must act fast before the fossil fuel interests and their shills redistribute all public resources as their own wealth via anthropogenic global warming and resulting climate change and other consequences.
"Based on science", what a gas. Your redefinition of private property as public resources just completely falsifies your statement of being based in science, it is clearly kook-level partisan ecoidiocy.

Everything you think you know is wrong.

http://www.seafriends.org.nz/issues/global/cl...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27336 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
"Based on science", what a gas. Your redefinition of private property as public resources just completely falsifies your statement of being based in science, it is clearly kook-level partisan ecoidiocy.
Hey, no-math.. don't worry you know nothing... no science, no mathematics..

Get hysterical:

http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar4/...
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#27337 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes!
Do you know how old and stale that statement is?

Even some of the worst of the lowly worm/maggot deniers have given up trying to run with that one.

You need some new material. Of a scientific nature would be good.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27338 Oct 14, 2013
Deniers come, deniers go.. where have all the deniers gone?.. long time passing..

http://www.climatechange2013.org/images/uploa...
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27339 Oct 15, 2013
We must act fast before people realize......
You must act fast before people realize your avatar isn't "brilliant", but "bullshit".

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#27340 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
As evidence of which, you cite a clearly kooky website?
litesong

Monroe, WA

#27341 Oct 15, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
As evidence of which......
Fair Game......look at the avatar of "abstruse polymath"...... use 3D glasses. You'll agree with my above post.........

"the green troll"

#27342 Oct 15, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair Game......look at the avatar of "abstruse polymath"...... use 3D glasses. You'll agree with my above post.........
Wish I had some 3D glasses...
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27343 Oct 15, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> Darned swan song I am sure I smoked some of that stuff
Well, the majority of your posts demonstrate accumulated residue in several forms leading to a number of abstract effects...
The term "stuff" perhaps should be more clearly defined ?

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#27344 Oct 15, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
As evidence of which, you cite a clearly kooky website?
Ah, the Ad Hominem attack, quite popular with those ignorant to science.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#27345 Oct 15, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Good eyes, it reflects my non-partisanship. i represent both science denying anthropogenicity,(brilliant) and the Chicken Littles (bullshit)

"the green troll"

#27346 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah, the Ad Hominem attack, quite popular with those ignorant to science.
That would be ignorant of, mr polymath: your learning doesn't seem to extend to spelling or grammar.

The website is a collection of speculative, controversial, discredited or simply loony idea that, if you do a bit of research, you will find debunked in many places.

It's people like you, ignorant of science, who find such websites convincing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
National View: Rooftop solar panels facing the ... Thu Solarman 1
PSE, RES Americas to develop battery storage pr... Wed Solarman 1
Frustrated by vandals, thieves WPEC seeks commu... (May '11) Dec 17 Annual Winter Sol... 13
Australian scientists announce solar energy bre... Dec 15 Gavin62 10
Here's what appraisers need to know about solar... Dec 14 Soalrman 9
UK's a 46 billion bid for EIB nuclear loan Dec 13 Clear Dharma 1
Washington's Central Bank delegation views MOW'... Dec 13 MOMIN ANSARI 2
More from around the web