Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28223 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27134 Aug 12, 2013
If global warming means more extreme weather of all types, then it means more extremely beautiful summer weather too.

You no longer have to pack up and travel to that seaside summer holiday you always dreamed of. Now you can sit on your sofa and watch TV while rising ocean levels to bring that beach to you. What's not to love about global warming?
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#27135 Aug 14, 2013
I will believe in Global "get rich of the weather" Warming when you cannot look back in history and find the exact same weather patterns! When we see something new, new for our planet, then maybe they will have a "story" to tell.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27136 Aug 14, 2013
Oh please wrote:
I will believe in Global "get rich of the weather" Warming when you cannot look back in history and find the exact same weather patterns! When we see something new, new for our planet, then maybe they will have a "story" to tell.
Each of the past 27 years has been warmer than average (based on the average from 1961-1990). In fact, according to NOAA’s data set, each month for more than 28 years has had a global average temperature that was above the 20th century average, meaning that anyone younger than 28 years old has never experienced a cooler-than-average month on earth.

Are you old? Do you know about the new story of 90 million tons of man-made ghg emissions every day into our atmosphere?
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#27137 Aug 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Each of the past 27 years has been warmer than average (based on the average from 1961-1990). In fact, according to NOAA’s data set, each month for more than 28 years has had a global average temperature that was above the 20th century average, meaning that anyone younger than 28 years old has never experienced a cooler-than-average month on earth.
Are you old? Do you know about the new story of 90 million tons of man-made ghg emissions every day into our atmosphere?
If you think that the last 27 years or that the 20th century is all there is to our history on this planet...well...you just might not be the one to discuss "global warming" with. Ever heard of the Ice Age? It is more than just a kid's movie, really!

I'm also not considered "old" just yet...but I do hope to be someday!:)
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27138 Aug 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If global warming means more extreme weather of all types, then it means more extremely beautiful summer weather too.
You no longer have to pack up and travel to that seaside summer holiday you always dreamed of. Now you can sit on your sofa and watch TV while rising ocean levels to bring that beach to you. What's not to love about global warming?
Are you a born idiot or did you have to go to a fossil fuel school to learn it?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27139 Aug 14, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that the last 27 years or that the 20th century is all there is to our history on this planet...well...you just might not be the one to discuss "global warming" with. Ever heard of the Ice Age? It is more than just a kid's movie, really!
I'm also not considered "old" just yet...but I do hope to be someday!:)
Your denier certificate does not make you a scientist.

However, climate scientists have been able to reconstruct Earth’s temperature history back to the end of the last Ice Age, revealing that the planet today is warmer than it has been during 70 to 80 percent of the time over the last 11,300 years.

Have you heard of climate scientists?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27140 Aug 14, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, dust is not a gas. Particulate matter, perhaps. So, are you claiming that past climate precludes man from causing global warming?
never said dust was a gas only pointing out that it can have the same cause and effect , but of course you believers already know this but refuse to tell the truth that ghg is all a bunch of bull. was man here say 20 million years ago ? NO and were there both weather and climate changes during this same time period ? YES and who was missing MAN ! just proves that the planet has seen and been through MANY changes without mans help or being here and continues to do so .
however as posted before that the agreed on percentage is in the area of 5 % which is less than a drop in the big bucket of this planet and has little to no effect on a global scale .

Location hidden

#27141 Aug 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your denier certificate does not make you a scientist.
However, climate scientists have been able to reconstruct Earth’s temperature history back to the end of the last Ice Age, revealing that the planet today is warmer than it has been during 70 to 80 percent of the time over the last 11,300 years.
Have you heard of climate scientists?
and cooling now , so many predictions about an up coming mini ice age . oh of course all brought on by ghg and climate change just like every other weather climate event for the last 25 years . warmer have no shame they blame everything on ghg climate weather nonsense yet have NO PROOF !

Location hidden

#27142 Aug 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>We did not miss you, duh!
well think how dull you and the rest would be without me showing up every few days to poke fun at all warmers and their false religion .

no common sense , 5%, and no sense of humor ! poor sad warmers.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27143 Aug 14, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> well think how dull you and the rest would be without me showing up every few days to poke fun at all warmers and their false religion .
no common sense , 5%, and no sense of humor ! poor sad warmers.
Do you come here after a rat bites you?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27144 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text> never said dust was a gas only pointing out that it can have the same cause and effect , but of course you believers already know this but refuse to tell the truth that ghg is all a bunch of bull. was man here say 20 million years ago ? NO and were there both weather and climate changes during this same time period ? YES and who was missing MAN ! just proves that the planet has seen and been through MANY changes without mans help or being here and continues to do so .
however as posted before that the agreed on percentage is in the area of 5 % which is less than a drop in the big bucket of this planet and has little to no effect on a global scale .
So you come here to lie!

You called the dust "ghg!" The second g stands for gas. I posted information and then asked later if you learned from my posts.

Clearly, you don't learn any new concept. Don't worry, however, you are among your denier friends who are just like you.

Don't let the rats bite you.

Since: Aug 13

Kailua, HI

#27145 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text> and cooling now , so many predictions about an up coming mini ice age . oh of course all brought on by ghg and climate change just like every other weather climate event for the last 25 years . warmer have no shame they blame everything on ghg climate weather nonsense yet have NO PROOF !
Please provide a reference from a credible source that the earth is cooling. Make sure that you take into account air, surface, and ocean temperatures (don't cherry pick your information).

Location hidden

#27146 Aug 14, 2013
well well what do we read today in the Wash. free beacon some warmer group held a rally in DC and how sad NO ONE SHOWED UP ! Thats right not 1 person , looks like the cats out of the bag that gh climate weather change is exactly what it sound like BOVINE GASSSSSSSSSS !!!
But on the bright side NOAA has reported that the ice cap in and around the south polar regions is and continues to grow and expand , guess all the ice melt from the north pole had to go somewhere . so much for rising oceans .

Location hidden

#27147 Aug 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Do you come here after a rat bites you?
No just don't like hangin with folks who think they are better and know more that everyone else ! After all all of you think i am unedumacted , dumb , stupid oh and the worse thing is a non believer bet you warmers would like to see me and other non believers burned at the stake . i check in from time to time but as i have posted i am 81 and time is short so i chose to use whats left wisely and don't waste much of it here trolling pages for something to do .

Location hidden

#27148 Aug 14, 2013
The Integral wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a reference from a credible source that the earth is cooling. Make sure that you take into account air, surface, and ocean temperatures (don't cherry pick your information).
OH PLEASE !!! no one here would cherry pick any information especially from the group of believers on these pages . and as i have posted I DO NOT POST LINKS OR READ LINKS TO THE WORKS OF OTHERS be they friend or foe .

Kailua, HI

#27149 Aug 14, 2013
well well what do we read today in the Wash. free beacon some warmer group held a rally in DC and how sad NO ONE SHOWED UP ! Thats right not 1 person , looks like the cats out of the bag that gh climate weather change is exactly what it sound like BOVINE GASSSSSSSSSS !!!
But on the bright side NOAA has reported that the ice cap in and around the south polar regions is and continues to grow and expand , guess all the ice melt from the north pole had to go somewhere . so much for rising oceans .
I am still waiting for a report from a credible organization that says that the earth is cooling.
Have you checked the ratio between the Antarctic sea ice increase and the Arctic ice decrease?

Kailua, HI

#27150 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text> OH PLEASE !!! no one here would cherry pick any information especially from the group of believers on these pages . and as i have posted I DO NOT POST LINKS OR READ LINKS TO THE WORKS OF OTHERS be they friend or foe .
That way you can stay ignorant by definition.

Location hidden

#27151 Aug 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>So you come here to lie!
You called the dust "ghg!" The second g stands for gas. I posted information and then asked later if you learned from my posts.
Clearly, you don't learn any new concept. Don't worry, however, you are among your denier friends who are just like you.
Don't let the rats bite you.
in a way dust is a ghg was my quote not that it is a 100% ghg and to be fair ghg is what greenhous gas . wonder what would happen to your greenhouse if it were covered in volcanic dust ???? to much blot out the sun ,go cold or just a little act as a giant warming solar panel . so in a way it makes dust a ghg after all you warmers call everything thats in the air floating around the planet ( from cow farts to lint ) ghg so why not dust ? what you mad because a 81 year old fart thought of it before one of your so called over edumactaded science brains did .

Location hidden

#27152 Aug 14, 2013
The Integral wrote:
<quoted text>
That way you can stay ignorant by definition.
no i just don't want to read the biased bull from both sides , i can look outside and see for myself the the planets not on fire and the cities are not below sea level .which i sorry to say make you and the rest of the believers very ignorant because you can't and don't think for yourselves but need to have other do it for you .
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27153 Aug 14, 2013
The Integral wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still waiting for a report from a credible organization that says that the earth is cooling.
Have you checked the ratio between the Antarctic sea ice increase and the Arctic ice decrease?
I am 97.5% to 99% sure that he has not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Largest Southern Co. subsidiary enters rooftop ... 2 min Solarman 1
News Renewable Energy Redoubles Its Global Reach 5 hr Solarman 9
News Wind energy is cheaper, but interest in buildin... 13 hr Andy windy 17
News Off the grid: City board rejects permit for sol... 19 hr ApePeeD 1
News Oil prices pose threat to world economy (Jun '08) Mon Raj Chanani 3
News California's Record-Setting Solar Generation ca... Jun 27 karland 1
News Solar Energy Is The Next Gay Marriage Jun 27 Solarman 1
More from around the web