Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28470 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#26959 Jun 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Dead because nobody wants to act in haste. Do nothing if you have no experiments testing climate change mitigation, use common sense.
Don't buy a pig in a poke.
This a-hole deserves no responses. Don't bother. He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#26961 Jun 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Not CO2, it's vital for life as we know it. Atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide are neither toxic,carcinogenic nor radioactive. SpaceBlues is confused. Without CO2, we'd all die.
This a-hole deserves no responses. Don't bother. He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.
lost

Manchester, UK

#26962 Jun 6, 2013
Is this the way to amirillo?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#26963 Jun 6, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<Brian_G wrote:
Not CO2, it's vital for life as we know it. Atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide are neither toxic,carcinogenic nor radioactive. SpaceBlues is confused. Without CO2, we'd all die.>
Brian's statement was correct and polite. Yours was abusive and defamatory.

His met the rules for this forum. Yours did not. If there is anyone that should be ostracized it should be you.
SpaceBlues

United States

#26964 Jun 6, 2013
LOL. It has been posting lies for years. Check it out for yourself.

Why is it another "denier" never corrects it?

P.S. Is it you who is obsessed with judging the other side? Unfairly, I add.
SpaceBlues

United States

#26965 Jun 6, 2013
lost wrote:
No, you are really lost with that spelling.
Kyle

United States

#26966 Jun 6, 2013
KitemanSA wrote:
<quoted text> Brian's statement was correct and polite. Yours was abusive and defamatory.
His met the rules for this forum. Yours did not. If there is anyone that should be ostracized it should be you.
You would have point if everything that I claimed about him were not accurate. They are objectively accurate:

He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#26967 Jun 6, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> You would have point if everything that I claimed about him were not accurate. They are objectively accurate:
He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.
I would agree with that. It's true.

When he starts backing up his bullshit, maybe we'll back off. The problem is that he can't.

To know him is to dis him.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26968 Jun 6, 2013
Act rationally, not in haste.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#26969 Jun 7, 2013
KitemanSA wrote:
<quoted text> Brian's statement was correct and polite. Yours was abusive and defamatory.
It seems that lyin brian had to abandon his denier training to spew his own personal vitriol after having been baited so much.

That "mitigation" thing gave him away.

In his fossil-funded professional denier class, lyin brian was taught to be totally subjective to his assigned theme, "no mitigation experiment" and to ignore the slings and arrows this stupid meme would bring. He does well for a time, until his ego cannot stand it any more and he has to get his personal licks in. That's when he becomes "ratdownthemuddle", a lying, steenking rooting and rotting racist pig denier and threatener.

That's when we really see that he has no science, and resorts to the ad hominem and insults that he condemns so readily when he's not in his alter-ego phase.

lyin brian/ratdownthemuddle is afraid he will lose his job soon, but he should have objected when his masters assigned him such a weak theme. No climate mitigation experiment! What a joke! Only an idiot would try to pass that one off.
lost

Birmingham, UK

#26970 Jun 7, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are really lost with that spelling.
So if this isn't the way to Amirillo could you point me in the right direction please.
SpaceBlues

United States

#26971 Jun 7, 2013
lost wrote:
<quoted text>
So if this isn't the way to Amirillo could you point me in the right direction please.
Sure. Go north for four hours, turn left and go another four hours. You'll be there unless you want to go diagonally for ten hours.

You're welcome.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#26972 Jun 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Act rationally, not in haste.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26973 Jun 8, 2013
'snot natural!
Will Hobbs from the University of Tasmania, Australia, and Joshua Willis at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, have now checked if this warming is linked to humans.“Even accounting for all uncertainties and limitations, the temperature change could not be realistically explained by natural variability alone, implying a long-term human signal,” Will told me.

http://simpleclimate.wordpress.com/2013/06/08...
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#26974 Jul 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. Go north for four hours, turn left and go another four hours. You'll be there unless you want to go diagonally for ten hours.
You're welcome.
:-)
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#26975 Jul 1, 2013
lost wrote:
It may help if you read the sine...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#26976 Jul 2, 2013
To bring this back to a useful discussion...
We should "act fast" to deploy Liquid Fluoride Thorium Recyclers that can provide carbon free electricity at prices cheaper than coal. This will be the quickest way to reduce CO2 emissions available.
litesong

Everett, WA

#26978 Jul 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="stumble butt dumpster diver lyin' brian"]Act rationally, not in haste.[/QUOTE]

Yes, when "stumble butt dumpster diver lyin' brian" acts irrationally AND in haste, he is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener. Plus it makes errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES & 2.5+ trillion TIMES. Even when "stumble butt dumpster diver lyin' brian" doesn't act irrationally AND in haste, he is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener. Plus it makes errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES & 2.5+ trillion TIMES.

It is terrible & not a terror, at mathematics.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26979 Jul 2, 2013
When I was a child, scientists planned terraforming Mars and Venus, today they plan to terraform Earth.

That's not progress.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26980 Jul 7, 2013
i find it not so funny that the warmer's for the most part DON'T practice what they preach , most of you still use your own car ,truck , use electric from the grid , fire up your charcoal or gas grill , gas powered lawn mower even a few own you own aircraft or very large boat - ship , own one or more homes , some own cattle and have many offspring of your own . so if you truly believe in your cause then why don't you live what you preach and believe ? after all you lead by example . and no i don't want to hear from all of you that recycle cans or have a solar cell on your roof ect. if you believe and preach the doom and end of earth and mankind then YOU should give up your way of life to show others the way .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida: Sunshine, Solar Power, and Shenanigans 16 hr Solarman 1
News JCS Investment launches solar kiosks in Ghana Sun Solarman 1
News Hawaii utility tests battery in renewable energ... Sun Solarman 1
News Obama's Clean Power Plan Heads to Court: What t... Sun Kisser6439 2
News Clean Energy: The Not-So-Dirty Secret to Global... Sat Solarman 1
News Trump 'The Dealmaker' Could Address Clean Energ... Sep 23 Solarman 3
News Should the US build green energy infrastructure... Sep 23 Solarman 1
More from around the web