Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28465 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

litesong

Edmonds, WA

#25061 May 13, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
Without the Earth's greenhouse effect, we'd die.
Move to Venus for balmy summertime temperatures....... where its summertime, all the time. Suuuuummmmmmmmmer tiiiiiimmmmeee & the livin' is eeeaaasy.
SoE

United States

#25062 May 13, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Venus for balmy summertime temperatures....... where its summertime, all the time. Suuuuummmmmmmmmer tiiiiiimmmmeee & the livin' is eeeaaasy.
Perhaps.
considering no one has walked the planet and completed exhaustive studys it's probably fine
Atmospheric pressure @9616 Kpa inhaling should'nt be a problem.
Atmosphere composition of 96% carbon dioxide- [email protected] ppm-Hydrogen chloride .6 ppm- Hydrogen [email protected] ppm etc.
Cleans out those lungs...
Refreshing !
Gord

Calgary, Canada

#25063 May 13, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Any detailed information you could provide regarding these cryogenic detectors would be appreciated...
I'm particularly interested in bandwidth control and how well random internal molecular static can be controlled...
The method of use (in the above) is also somewhat unclear...
Geeze, are you too Lazy or Stupid to use Google??

The Cryogenically Cooled Detector descriptions for the AIRS Instrument are quoted here along with links:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
------
Here is the Law of Science that covers heat flow between bodies:

“Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is NOT POSSIBLE for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.”
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/th...

Let us know when you find ANY measurement where a Cold Body has EVER Heated-Up a Warmer Body.

You will be FAMOUS.
-------
By the way your Quack AGW "scientists", like Trenberth and his Fraudulent Earth Energy Budget in the IPCC AR4 Report, shows that there is 324 w/m^2 of Back Radiation from the Cold Atmosphere being absorbed by the warmer Earth surface (Day and Night) while that wimpy Sun only provides 168 w/m^2 that is absorbed by the Earth surface.

Here is Trenberths Earth Energy Budget Diagram that was included in the IPCC AR4 Report
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/imag...

That means that Solar Ovens, according to AGW Quack Science, should not only produce more heating from the Back Radiation, they should work at NIGHT.

Want to know what happens when Back Radiation from the Cold Atmosphere is Concentrated at the Focal Point of a Solar Oven?

Put some water at the Solar Oven focal point, point it at the Sun and the water will Boil.

Point the Solar Oven at the Cold Atmosphere and the water will COOL and even FREEZE.

Concentrated Back Radiation from the Cold Atmosphere can't even heat up a tiny bit of water let alone heat-up the ENTIRE PLANET.

This is absolute measurement PROOF that the Fantasy "Greenhouse Effect" does not exist and is a FRAUD.
----------
Only AGW Cult Members like you are STUPID enough to believe that Cold Objects can heat-up Warmer Objects when every Measurement ever done PROVES that you are IDIOTS.

Why don't you tell us why you AGW IDIOTS cannot Post:

- Even ONE Law of Science that supports the Fantasy "Greenhouse Effect" ??
- Even ONE Measurement, EVER DONE, that shows that a Colder Atmosphere can HEAT UP a Warmer Earth ??

Now watch as SoE RUNS FOR THE HILLS....AGAIN.

What a HOOT!
SoE

United States

#25064 May 14, 2012
Gord wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze, are you too Lazy or Stupid to use Google??
The Cryogenically Cooled Detector descriptions for the AIRS Instrument are quoted here along with links:
------
“Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is NOT POSSIBLE for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.”
Let us know when you find ANY measurement where a Cold Body has EVER Heated-Up a Warmer Body.
You will be FAMOUS.
-------
By the way your Quack AGW "scientists", like Trenberth and his Fraudulent Earth Energy Budget in the IPCC AR4 Report, shows that there is 324 w/m^2 of Back Radiation from the Cold Atmosphere being absorbed by the warmer Earth surface (Day and Night) while that wimpy Sun only provides 168 w/m^2 that is absorbed by the Earth surface.
Here is Trenberths Earth Energy Budget Diagram that was included in the IPCC AR4 Report
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/imag...
That means that Solar Ovens, according to AGW Quack Science, should not only produce more heating from the Back Radiation, they should work at NIGHT.
Want to know what happens when Back Radiation from the Cold Atmosphere is Concentrated at the Focal Point of a Solar Oven?
Put some water at the Solar Oven focal point, point it at the Sun and the water will Boil.
Point the Solar Oven at the Cold Atmosphere and the water will COOL and even FREEZE.
Concentrated Back Radiation from the Cold Atmosphere can't even heat up a tiny bit of water let alone heat-up the ENTIRE PLANET.
This is absolute measurement PROOF that the Fantasy "Greenhouse Effect" does not exist and is a FRAUD.
----------
Only AGW Cult Members like you are STUPID enough to believe that Cold Objects can heat-up Warmer Objects when every Measurement ever done PROVES that you are IDIOTS.
Why don't you tell us why you AGW IDIOTS cannot Post:
- Even ONE Measurement, EVER DONE, that shows that a Colder Atmosphere can HEAT UP a Warmer Earth ??
Now watch as SoE RUNS FOR THE HILLS....AGAIN.
What a HOOT!
I thought perhaps you had first hand information regarding cryo cooled detectors (worked in an area where the latest generation are being constructed and possessed information about the first stage amplification components.)
I'm not interested in google as a source of information.
Perhaps you have some knowledge of the Arecibo unit recently
constructed?
I will be graceful and regard the rest of your diatribe as largely
crap...that i will be running to the hills to deposit.
Thank you for your technical efforts....
SoE

United States

#25065 May 14, 2012
Gord wrote:
<quoted text>

You will be FAMOUS.
-------
Ever wonder why you are not ?
(that i believe is a valid scientific assumption)...
SoE

United States

#25066 May 14, 2012
IamDigitap wrote:
<quoted text>

And your stupid ass BETTER SOUND CONVINCING.
I was unaware that it was humanly possible that asses could
be stupid...
I can however imagine the flatulent replys to your post that many would find convincing...
IamDigitap

Folsom, CA

#25067 May 14, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
I was unaware that it was humanly possible that asses could
be stupid...
I can however imagine thuH SKY uH KETCHIN on FIhhRE, frum tHuH

CARBON SEE'YIN!!11!!...
Why didn't ANY ONE YOU KNOW understand the ramifications of Dr. Mann's FAKE HOCKEY STICKS not actually calculating ANYTHING but

T.R.A.S.H.?

WHY didn't & DOESN'T A.N.Y.O.N.E Y.O.U. K.N.O.W. realize the APPALLING LACK of UNDERSTANDING in having EVER BELIEVED

a TREE

is a T.R.E.E.M.O.M.E.T.E.R: a TENTHS-DEGREE ACCURATE WEATHER LOGGER from YEARS ago -

WHY didn't ANY ONE YOU KNOW

understand that
LIGHT-canopy
WATER-canopy
WATER-roots
CO2-canopy
OXYGEN-roots
MINERAL POLLUTANTS
*S.I.X.T.E.E.N. DIFFERENT M.I.N.E.R.A.L. NUTRIENTS in
PROPER
PROPORTION

thing - you IGNORANT HICK?

WHY didn't ANY ONE you KNOW

understand WHY the INFRARED ASTRONOMY BUSINESS
doesn't just BREAK OUT the PHOTOGRAPHS of the MOST IMPORTANT RISE in ATMOSPHERIC INFRARED in MANKIND'S HISTORY??

WHY? B.E.C.A.U.S.E. ATMOSPHERIC I.N.F.R.A.R.E.D,
is
D.O.W.N.
and
NOBODY
YOU
KNOW,
HAS
EVER even DISCOVERED
a
T.R.E.E,
cAiNt
bE,

Uh..T.R.E.E.
M.O.M.E.T.E.R!

Your CHURCH leadership BELONGS in J.A.I.L. with Y.O.U.R. ex vice president GORACLE.

"Theez heeyur, is sum uv THA' SMARTIST MINN ON ERTH, FOLKS!"

He's a hick.
You're
a
hick.

You're all

criminopathological
hick
libtard
t.r.a.s.h.

And THAT LIGHT at the end of the tunnel:

it's DARWIN'S DOG'S BUTT.

And YOU are heading for the GUTTER of "Uh-OH I'MA LIBTARD!"

Darwinization

with all your dope-head, venereal disease infected
freak
friends.
SoE

United States

#25068 May 14, 2012
Hahaha...best comedy skit i've read in years...
Gord

Calgary, Canada

#25069 May 14, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought perhaps you had first hand information regarding cryo cooled detectors (worked in an area where the latest generation are being constructed and possessed information about the first stage amplification components.)
I'm not interested in google as a source of information.
Perhaps you have some knowledge of the Arecibo unit recently
constructed?
I will be graceful and regard the rest of your diatribe as largely
crap...that i will be running to the hills to deposit.
Thank you for your technical efforts....
Of course you think the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and actual measurements that PROVE the Fantasy "Greenhouse Effect" does not exist and your AGW CRAP "scientists" are FRAUDS, as diatribe crap.

That is how All Cult Members, throughout history, process the Truth in their Irrational Minds.

The very obvious fact that you have "Run For The Hills" as I predicted, is Proof that you are incapable of rational thought and choose to remain in your AGW Cult Stupor.

You need intensive treatment by a Cult De-programming Psychologist before you will be able to escape your delusional world.

Maybe you and the rest of your AGW Cult could get a Group Discount.
SoE

United States

#25070 May 14, 2012
Yet another...
Gord

Calgary, Canada

#25071 May 14, 2012
SoE wrote:
Yet another...
Here is the current results of a Topix Poll called:

Are AGW'ers Cult Members?
Yes...217...95%
No....10....4%

SoE fits "The Cult Test Questions 1 to 10" like a glove.
SoE

United States

#25072 May 14, 2012
Gord wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the current results of a Topix Poll called:
Yes...217...95%
No....10....4%
A Topix poll ?...hahaha...how quaint
That i assume was thoroughly reviewed by your peers ?
Gord

Calgary, Canada

#25073 May 14, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
A Topix poll ?...hahaha...how quaint
That i assume was thoroughly reviewed by your peers ?
Don't you AGW Cult Members believe in a "Consensus"?

Any luck finding those Phantom AGW Laws of Science and Phantom AGW Measurements that your Cult has a "Consensus" on?

You know, where Cold Objects HEAT-UP Warm Objects?

Why don't you tell us why you AGW CULT IDIOTS cannot Post:

Now watch as SoE RUNS FOR THE HILLS....AGAIN confirming the Topix Poll:
--------
Yes...217...95%
No....10....4%

What a HOOT!
red planet

Morocco, IN

#25074 May 15, 2012
SoE wrote:
Hahaha...best comedy skit i've read in years...
Digicrap is a little twisted in its thinking...
SoE

United States

#25075 May 15, 2012
red planet wrote:
<quoted text>Digicrap is a little twisted in its thinking...
It would appear so...
His presentation could use a bit of polish...?
SoE

United States

#25076 May 15, 2012
Gord wrote:
<quoted text>

You know, where Cold Objects HEAT-UP Warm Objects?
???
I believe the energy transfer dynamics have been explained a number
of times before... at least sufficiently for this level of the subject.
There is little use in pursuing your constantly repeated view...
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#25077 May 15, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
???
I believe the energy transfer dynamics have been explained a number
of times before... at least sufficiently for this level of the subject.
There is little use in pursuing your constantly repeated view...
He is still stuck trying to apply 19th century knowledge to 21th century understanding.
LessHypeMoreFact

Concord, Canada

#25078 May 15, 2012
Gord wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be FAMOUS.
This is your major flaw. It does not state that NO heat can flow between a hotter and colder object. Only that the TOTAL flow will be from hotter to colder.

Take an iron rod and heat one end.

At some point at distance X, the temperature will be Y, and at X+dX it will be Y+dY. Now, according to your INTERPRETATION of the second law, the point X must be equivalent to absolute zero with NO flow to the warmer section. Totally implausible. The flow from X+dX to X will be larger than the flow from X to X+dX but that is ALL the law says. At every point, the TOTAL flow is going from hottest to coldest, but at every point, there is also 'A' flow in from the colder to the warmer point.

If you could just understand this point, but of course, you cannot seem to learn.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#25079 May 15, 2012
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
This is your major flaw.
He's luck, you have lots of major flaws, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, and quite a few minor ones as well.
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
The Kruger-Dunning effect.
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
I KNOW I don't know everything so I only post what I know
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
CO2 levels are rising faster than the temperature can react.
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Deforestations is a consequence of AGW,....
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
At no point did the IPCC forecast a reduction in the thermohaline circulation. It studied the report but made no forecast. And forecast is the term, not prediction. Predictions are for astrologers.

LessFactMoreHype wrote:
There are no 'laws of science'. There is science theory and 'laws' which are consistent observations.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/farmington-nm...
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Most fruiting plants are [polinated] because those are the ones that have food values and thus something to give the bee an incentive to [polinate]. Weeds rarely have benefit to the bees.
This is a question that sounds intelligent only until you look closer..
SpaceBlues

United States

#25080 May 15, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
<quoted text>He's luck[sic], you have lots of major flaws, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, and quite a few minor ones as well.<quoted text>
Voila. You posted "He's luck."

You are falling apart, smartless pants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nebraska's largest solar farm is up and running Tue Solarman 1
News Japanese solar firm to take on Tesla in roof ti... Tue Solarman 1
News Council looks to power ahead with solar switch Dec 11 Solarman 1
News Renewable energy is surging. The Republican tax... Dec 10 Trump is a joke 6
News Rocky Mountain Power isn't accurately calculati... Dec 9 Solarman 1
News Duke Energy assumes full ownership of Californi... Dec 9 Solarman 1
News Solar Power Dec 8 Solarman 1
More from around the web