What ocean heating reveals about glob...

What ocean heating reveals about global warming

There are 32 comments on the RealClimate story from Sep 25, 2013, titled What ocean heating reveals about global warming. In it, RealClimate reports that:

The heat content of the oceans is growing and growing. That means that the greenhouse effect has not taken a pause and the cold sun is not noticeably slowing global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RealClimate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#21 Sep 27, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no 'government science' in the west. Science is run by the academics and funding is obtained by 'third party' and independent authorities with no political clout.
Ha ha ha ha, HO HO ho ho ho, HEE hee hee hee, HAW ha ha ha. That was funny. Stupid, but funny.
B as in B S as in S

Eden Prairie, MN

#22 Sep 27, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no 'government science' in the west. Science is run by the academics and funding is obtained by 'third party' and independent authorities with no political clout.
Now, if you were talking about Russia...
http://tinyurl.com/l44he6m

Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#162 hrs ago

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Explain the difference between misplaced and missing?
Misplaced means that it is there but we didn't see it because we were looking elsewhere.

Missing means that it isn't there.

Glad I could help. Any other words you need help with?
Again. Your consistency in being incorrect is astounding.

Since you asked: "Glad I could help. Any other words you need help with?"

Please enlighten the world as to the difference between:
Theory ~ Fact
Opinion ~ Truth
CO2 ~' Poison
Food ~ Poison
H2O ~ Poison
Water ~ Poison
CAGW ~ Bullsit
Fourty ~ Forty

There are some people on this thread who feel it necessary to call others that sound like completely ignorant idiots rude names such as stupid or diluted or intellectually arrested or cognitively disordered or bereft of logic and reason.... Or much worse.
I trust you do not number among those immoral caveman types.

I look forward to your most disciplined and logical response grounded in the sciences as you understand them.

Sincerely,
BS
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#23 Sep 27, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Now ask yourself why Trenberth used the word "missing" instead of misplaced?
I would speculate that he used it to better communicate with those who are reading journalists who call the heat 'missing'. He is pointing out that it is NOT missing, but merely misplaced.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#24 Sep 27, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Pay attention, we're discussing the use of a word.
Or misuse. The point is the popular news story of 'missing heat' implying that it isn't there. Regardless of your spin and misreading. The science has said that it must be there (since GHG warming hasn't stopped) and thus the search to find it, which was succssful (proving that it was really just misplaced).
SpaceBlues

United States

#25 Sep 27, 2013

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#26 Sep 28, 2013
LessFactLessFact wrote:
Or misuse. The point is the popular news story of 'missing heat' implying that it isn't there. Regardless of your spin and misreading. The science has said that it must be there (since GHG warming hasn't stopped) and thus the search to find it, which was succssful[sic](proving that it was really just misplaced).
Just for you, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, once again, because you're word blind and or dyslexic:

miss·ing
Adjective
(of a thing) Not able to be found because it is not in its expected place.
-
mis·placed
Adjective
Incorrectly positioned.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#27 Sep 28, 2013
LessFactNoFact wrote:
I would speculate
Someone in your position should never attempt something so dangerous.
LessFactNoFact wrote:
that he used it to better communicate with those who are reading journalists who call the heat 'missing'. He is pointing out that it is NOT missing, but merely misplaced.
Just for you, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, once again, because you're word blind and or dyslexic:

miss·ing
Adjective
(of a thing) Not able to be found because it is not in its expected place.
-
mis·placed
Adjective
Incorrectly positioned.
litesong

Everett, WA

#28 Sep 28, 2013
LessFactNoFact wrote:
I would speculate
///////
"slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig dirtling" duffed:
Someone in your position should never attempt.......
/////////
litesong wrote:
"slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig dirtling" should never attempt mathematics, with its errors of as much as 500 million TIMES. Other toxic topix AGW deniers have numerous & even worse errors than "slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig dirtling". All the erroneous math data, squares up with the facts that few toxic topix AGW deniers have mathematics or science degrees or even science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas...... or have no DEE-plooomaas, at all.
SpaceBlues

United States

#29 Sep 28, 2013
lessfact no fact .. lol ... topix heating reveals .. what???
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30 Sep 28, 2013
Cut n Paste wrote:
Nature disagrees. For $200.00 you can find out for yourself that the waters are cooling and that Man made CO2 is not the main driver of our climate.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v501/n74...
Editor's summary in &#1575;&#1604;&#15 93;&#1585;&#1576;& #1610;&#1577;
Global warming has largely stalled since the late 1990s, raising concerns regarding our understanding of climate sensitivity, the underlying mechanisms influencing climate variability and the ability of climate models to represent decadal variability. Yu Kosaka and Shang-Ping Xie show that the warming hiatus, including most of its seasonal and spatial aspects, can be resolved when observations of recently observed cooling in the eastern equatorial Pacific are directly incorporated into a climate model. The results suggest that the current hiatus is a normal instance of internal climate variability, and that long-term warming is likely to resume as greenhouse gas concentrations continue to increase."
Get off the planet, offender.
B as in B S as in S

Eden Prairie, MN

#31 Sep 28, 2013
It is a recurring speculation as to whether there is an original thought among the "faithful"... offender, Per Se, whitewash etc
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32 Sep 28, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
It is a recurring speculation as to whether there is an original thought among the "faithful"... offender, Per Se, whitewash etc
Me: Get off the planet, denier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lowville commercial building getting green upgr... Fri Ester 3
News AEP Ohio Requests Proposals For Solar Energy Re... Thu Solarman 1
News Can wannabe tennis pro turned politician Josh F... Thu Solarman 1
News Do homeowners have a right to light on their so... Oct 18 Solarman 1
News UPDATE 1-Norway's Saga in $2.9 bln deal to buil... Oct 18 Solarman 1
News Solar Industry Sees the Opportunity to Build Pu... Oct 17 Solarman 1
News USA Is Smashing Its Clean Energy Targets Oct 17 Solarman 1
More from around the web