Global climate spending falling further behind target

Oct 22, 2013 Full story: The Financial Mirror

Global spending to combat climate change fell last year and remains far below the level needed to prevent its most dangerous effects, a report by the Climate Policy Initiative said on Tuesday.

Full Story
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Oct 22, 2013
It's always been about the money.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#2 Oct 22, 2013
It costs me $75 to renew my license. Thus, driving is 'all about the money' and should be banned. According to some dimwits (whose initials are FF).

I would suggest bicycles, except the store charges money for them. I guess I have to give up transportation of all sorts. Now, how do I avoid eating..
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#3 Oct 22, 2013
Oh, anyone recognize sarcasm and hyperbole to illustrate a point?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#4 Oct 22, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
It costs me $75 to renew my license. Thus, driving is 'all about the money' and should be banned. According to some dimwits (whose initials are FF).
I would suggest bicycles, except the store charges money for them. I guess I have to give up transportation of all sorts. Now, how do I avoid eating..
You just don't get it.. ff eats money!!!!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#5 Oct 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't get it.. ff eats money!!!!!
It is certainly true that he 'shows his true colors' with his obsession over money. The world can go hang, people can starve, but his OWN profits must depend somehow on fossil fuels.

The FACTS (i.e. the science) doesn't profit him so he denies it. There is obviously no real criticism of the science except that it isn't making HIM fat and happy.

He does have a point that business will look to the ways they can profit by supplying the necessary changes. But then, that is what business does. It makes money by supplying what is needed.

Nothing inherently wrong about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A mixed bag for conflict-prone West Nile 8 hr Ronald 1
Gov. Brown names Commissioner Michael Picker pr... Wed Solarman 1
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... Wed Solarman 78
September 2014: The Month SolarCity Residential... Dec 23 Gerald Vonberger 1
Blythe City Manager Says Solar Power Brings Ben... Dec 22 Solarman 1
APS will move ahead with free solar Dec 20 Solarman 1
NY's bad move on fracking Dec 20 Solarman 1
More from around the web