U.S. Senators introduce bill to eliminate corn ethanol mandate

Dec 12, 2013 Full story: Reuters

A group of 10 U.S. Senators introduced a bipartisan bill on Thursday to eliminate the corn ethanol mandate, arguing that current law raises the cost of food and animal feed and damages the environment.

Full Story
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#1 Dec 12, 2013
DUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!!!!!!!But I'll bet them senators made a pant load of dough off ethanol.
Cat74

Hanover Park, IL

#2 Dec 12, 2013
Are these guys for real? All that money invested in Ethanol, the President, and his entourage went down state in huge SUVs in 2008, swore to God their vehicles used Ethanol, even though an old farmer walked 1/2 a block to ask a Distributor of those SUVs about that very thing, and was told no those SUVs could not use
ethanol. Now with the photo ops over we are taking the loss for all that research in stride. Americans have to be nuts to put up with this crap.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 13, 2013
You have to wonder why the fuel without ethanol cost forty to fifty cents higher since it is less costly to produce.
Les Claypool

Southlake, TX

#5 Dec 13, 2013
I wish they would get rid of it.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#6 Dec 13, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
You have to wonder why the fuel without ethanol cost forty to fifty cents higher since it is less costly to produce.
It's a government program?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
National View: Rooftop solar panels facing the ... 5 hr Solarman 1
PSE, RES Americas to develop battery storage pr... Wed Solarman 1
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) Wed Brian_G 27,952
Frustrated by vandals, thieves WPEC seeks commu... (May '11) Wed Annual Winter Sol... 13
Australian scientists announce solar energy bre... Dec 15 Gavin62 10
Here's what appraisers need to know about solar... Dec 14 Soalrman 9
UK's a 46 billion bid for EIB nuclear loan Dec 13 Clear Dharma 1
More from around the web