New Australian Prime Ministers' anti-...

New Australian Prime Ministers' anti-environmental agenda

There are 70 comments on the The Ecologist story from Sep 20, 2013, titled New Australian Prime Ministers' anti-environmental agenda. In it, The Ecologist reports that:

Australian environmentalists' declare new Prime Minister, Tony Abbotts' green agenda as 'anti-environmental', designed only to profit the mining industry at the cost of climate change solutions, reports Maxine Newlands...... In the first few days of his Premiership Tony Abbott announced the eradication of key environmental policies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ecologist.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#1 Sep 21, 2013
This is what the libs do, this is how they save money with cut backs on anything at all to do with aiding a futuristic Australia, one where we are now totally reliant on coal and oil for generations to come, where pollution will undoubted rise along with the costs of energy..Under a Labor government we had the opportunity to free ourselves from ongoing price hikes in power by moving towards renewable energy resources. The labor government would have seen us use optic fibre(the best most reliable and speedier cable) right into every home and now we will be stuck with archaic copper that will put us behind to the rest of the world Libs save money at the cost of Australia being a powerhouse in modernity, planing, research and technology....Enjoy the money in the bank when the world changes their business strategy to bypass us completely for Asia, who's communication is already the future and we are just going backwards. How do the Liberals expect us to stay competitive in a world market when we have trouble with a communications system that will be among the slowest in the developed world, and when fuel prices get beyond what we can afford because we have not moved to attract the best researches and ideas to effect change in renewable energy supply.
The Australian public are mostly a bunch of short sighted boganistic noongs, be that businessmen or the public and deserve to become a third world country with a third world economy.
Get a job Ahomona

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Sep 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
This is what the libs do, this is how they save money with cut backs on anything at all to do with aiding a futuristic Australia, one where we are now totally reliant on coal and oil for generations to come, where pollution will undoubted rise along with the costs of energy..Under a Labor government we had the opportunity to free ourselves from ongoing price hikes in power by moving towards renewable energy resources. The labor government would have seen us use optic fibre(the best most reliable and speedier cable) right into every home and now we will be stuck with archaic copper that will put us behind to the rest of the world Libs save money at the cost of Australia being a powerhouse in modernity, planing, research and technology....Enjoy the money in the bank when the world changes their business strategy to bypass us completely for Asia, who's communication is already the future and we are just going backwards. How do the Liberals expect us to stay competitive in a world market when we have trouble with a communications system that will be among the slowest in the developed world, and when fuel prices get beyond what we can afford because we have not moved to attract the best researches and ideas to effect change in renewable energy supply.
The Australian public are mostly a bunch of short sighted boganistic noongs, be that businessmen or the public and deserve to become a third world country with a third world economy.
Get stuffed you bitter old it.
Stop saying "we" all the time. You are not an active member of society. I hope you starve you old thieving welfare addicted sponge.

Perth, Australia

#3 Sep 21, 2013
Other countries in the world have started building green homes and using wind, water and sun for renewables in vehicles, houses, business etc, they can build houses greener, cheaper more efficient and faster homes and factories, using prefab recyclable building materials and optic fibre for your technology, they put us too shame as we who where once a powerhouse in invention now look like smart kids with no education or books. Australian politicians make us look like naive inbred behind the eight ball retards, compared to super advanced countries like Germany, Holland, Sweden, S.Korea etc....Wake up Australians the Liberals are setting our time piece to go further back in time than any government to date, not forward to a better cleaner, faster, safer more reliable technologically and scientifically advanced culture, and WE the public and our children will suffer the most...not the pricks with the million dollar retirement packages.

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 21, 2013
tony howard is taking us back to the howard era - most of the Abbott cabinet flunkies are howard era retrograde old white men - and all of this bought to you by Rupert Murdochs business interests lol

Perth, Australia

#5 Sep 21, 2013
Get a job Ahomona wrote:
<quoted text>
Get stuffed you bitter old it.
Stop saying "we" all the time. You are not an active member of society. I hope you starve you old thieving welfare addicted sponge.
More of your mysogyny and foul mouth used against and harmless female....shame on you....
Don't like what I am saying refute it? you can't so you resort to abuse...you are a sad pathetic weak little man.:(
Leonardo Del Vecchio

Torrance, CA

#6 Sep 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your mysogyny and foul mouth used against and harmless female....shame on you....
Don't like what I am saying refute it? you can't so you resort to abuse...you are a sad pathetic weak little man.:(
your ex husband left you 40 years ago cause you are fat and lazy you have Annoying Habits like spending hours on topixs you stink and have Foul breath you broke with no Job Prospects now get off your fat ass and do some labouring work

Perth, Australia

#7 Sep 21, 2013
Leonardo Del Vecchio wrote:
<quoted text>
your ex husband left you 40 years ago cause you are fat and lazy you have Annoying Habits like spending hours on topixs you stink and have Foul breath you broke with no Job Prospects now get off your fat ass and do some labouring work
Jealous much!
lowprofile

Perth, Australia

#8 Sep 22, 2013
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
tony howard is taking us back to the howard era - most of the Abbott cabinet flunkies are howard era retrograde old white men - and all of this bought to you by Rupert Murdochs business interests lol
The important thing is the Libs are getting rid of that ridiculous carbon tax, how dumb do you have to be to think a tax will have an effect on the climate, hmmmm? Or are you going to make more stupid statements like 'The science is settled'
The only thing that is settled is the fact that all this GW/ Climate change crap is finally on it's last legs.

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

#9 Sep 22, 2013
[email protected] - look at power prices in Europe before making farcking ridiculous uneducated statements like:
Ahomana wrote:
Under a Labor government we had the opportunity to free ourselves from ongoing price hikes in power by moving towards renewable energy resources.
The only retarded
Ahomana wrote:
short sighted boganistic noong
here is you.

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

#10 Sep 22, 2013
[email protected] 2 - you read those reports yet? I like the one written by the IPCC which says the IPCC lied & manipulated data. Or are they lying about lying?
Blazing

Geebung, Australia

#11 Sep 22, 2013
Good! environmentalist are generaly full of the proverbial anyway.
http://youtu.be/rExEVZlQia4

Location hidden

#13 Sep 22, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
The important thing is the Libs are getting rid of that ridiculous carbon tax, how dumb do you have to be to think a tax will have an effect on the climate, hmmmm? Or are you going to make more stupid statements like 'The science is settled'
The only thing that is settled is the fact that all this GW/ Climate change crap is finally on it's last legs.
a tax or levy can and is used often as a tool to modify public behaviour - the excise and taxes on tobacco being a prime example - hmm i guess to someone like me with a science background the science is clear - to those who get their viewpoints from corporate funded climate deniers - promulgated relentlessly thru the murdoch media - your fates are as sealed as mine lol .

Location hidden

#14 Sep 22, 2013
chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
[email protected] 2 - you read those reports yet? I like the one written by the IPCC which says the IPCC lied & manipulated data. Or are they lying about lying?
for the third time - I have - have you dear chefburgerboy ?- and do you have the basic comprehension skills to see the very clear implications - i doubt it lol

Perth, Australia

#15 Sep 22, 2013
chefboy812 wrote:
[email protected] - look at power prices in Europe before making farcking ridiculous uneducated statements like:
<quoted text>
The only retarded <quoted text> here is you.
The problem with your thinking like both governments in this country is that you can't think outside the box! The Catalani's in Spain have done just that to create an affordable way to help it's people attain renewable energy and at the same price as grey energy, by moving to a co-operative system....Most countries in Europe have seen the benefit and are now following their lead , yet Australia is still following the same destructive and ignorant path that will keep us chasing our tails by being totally reliant on big business with their short sighted limitations and high costs. Spain had to overcome the same problems of companies controlling the market to effect change and we should be learning from their tenacity that has seen them engineer a successful result for it's citizens.
http://eusew.eu/component/see_projectview/...

Perth, Australia

#16 Sep 22, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
The carbon tax was not just about climate change (which is happening, by the way) it is about finding and funding renewable energy sources, the sun, the wind and the waves, it is money we need to effect change, to release us from the strangle hold of oil producers...we need a ETS or carbon tax or a renewable energy tax because we don't have the far sightedness of following the successful renewable energy plan of the co=op in Europe....What we also need is a younger for inovated government and leader who looks toward our future and not behind to our past...
Cordwainer Trout

Cub Run, KY

#17 Sep 22, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
Other countries in the world have started building green homes and using wind, water and sun for renewables in vehicles, houses, business etc, they can build houses greener, cheaper more efficient and faster homes and factories, using prefab recyclable building materials and optic fibre for your technology, they put us too shame as we who where once a powerhouse in invention now look like smart kids with no education or books. Australian politicians make us look like naive inbred behind the eight ball retards, compared to super advanced countries like Germany, Holland, Sweden, S.Korea etc....Wake up Australians the Liberals are setting our time piece to go further back in time than any government to date, not forward to a better cleaner, faster, safer more reliable technologically and scientifically advanced culture, and WE the public and our children will suffer the most...not the pricks with the million dollar retirement packages.
What utter nonsense! The nonsense is mind-boggling!

The Green energy sources you mention will never support business development anywhere. Green energy focus basically keeps 1.6 Billion people on Earth living in huts and having no electricity. Therefore, they will never have the opportunity for business, nor a life for their children. Your nonsense is eugenics amplified and horrible social engineering destined to cause widespread suffering you can blame on another of your illusions... anthropomorphic global warming.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 22, 2013
Billionaire oilman David Koch used to joke that Koch Industries was "the biggest company you've never heard of." Now the shroud of secrecy has thankfully been lifted, revealing the $67 million that he and his brother Charles have quietly funneled to climate-denial front groups that are working to delay policies and regulations aimed at stopping global warming
The Kochs close association to the Murdoch media empire is not widely known but News corp. has become a defacto propoganda wing for the Kochs clandestine campaign. Today, the Kochs are being watched as a prime example of the corporate takeover of government.
-Speigel

Perth, Australia

#19 Sep 22, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
What utter nonsense! The nonsense is mind-boggling!
The Green energy sources you mention will never support business development anywhere.
A: there are many areas within the renewable energy production and supply to create jobs and help the planet while it is at it...do some research you ignoramus.

Green energy focus basically keeps 1.6 Billion people on Earth living in huts and having no electricity.
A: those people live in huts because of government greed...
Therefore, they will never have the opportunity for business, nor a life for their children.
A: Again the countries you are referring to can easily find billions to fight a war or invest in weapons?
Your nonsense is eugenics amplified and horrible social engineering destined to cause widespread suffering you can blame on another of your illusions... anthropomorphic global warming.
A: You are on some other planet talking about something alien to what I am referring to or you are smoking pot?....I am talking climate change you are talking about propaganda and bullshit global warming...I am talking about a cheap and easier way for the world to attain energy even in a refugee camp in the middle of a bupkiss nowhere you are confused between reality and drug induced Psychedelic trip. Try again when you clear your head.
Blazing

Geebung, Australia

#20 Sep 22, 2013
retrograde old white men
sounds a little racist to me.

Location hidden

#21 Sep 22, 2013
Blazing wrote:
<quoted text>sounds a little racist to me.
non non non - as I am of that ilk i have the prerogative to use the pejorative .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gore's new movie highlights alternative energy ... 2 hr USAUSAUSA 5
News The Global Solar Boom: How Solar Is Finally Mov... 2 hr Solarman 5
News Trump's victory creates uncertainty for wind an... 3 hr WhichWaysUp 2
News Closing the great divide between Trump and envi... Sat CAS 2
News Clean energy growth will limit need for more ga... Sat CAS 2
News Beijing to spend $2.7 billion on cleaning capit... Fri Solarman 5
News Will Trump echo JFK's moonshot and vow to send ... Fri CAS 1
More from around the web