Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 Full story: Kansas.com 27,105

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26683 Apr 1, 2013
Einstein's theory of relativity have been experimentally tested, climate change mitigation hasn't.

See the difference?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26684 Apr 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Einstein's theory of relativity have been experimentally tested, climate change mitigation hasn't.
See the difference?
I think so...
Can you ?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26685 Apr 1, 2013
Sure, man made catastrophic climate change is pseudoscience and climate change mitigation is a hoax but the GPS in your phone is remarkably accurate.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26686 Apr 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Sure, man made catastrophic climate change is pseudoscience and climate change mitigation is a hoax but the GPS in your phone is remarkably accurate.
Sure, man made catastrophic climate change is a possibility given the overall climate direction and climate change mitigation may be needed but the GPS in your phone is remarkably accurate.

Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26687 Apr 1, 2013
SoE wrote:
As to the two clocks remember as acceleration to greater speed { distance covered by time} your clock on the train would come to a stop at the speed of light/time {Einstein)
I would cease to age or cease to age relative to those in the station...
LOL Imagine That…. Constantly frozen in the present of this 3 o’clock. Hmm Can we use this as a preservative for storage of information. Like the Black Hole does and then release it all, through the evaporation of the Event Horizon into the VOID! Hmmm smells like the Big Bang all over again. On a smaller scale. Hmmm is the Universe getting to the Micro infinity dimensions of existence as it expands. A multitude, of Black Holes, producing a mulitude of Great Bangs with a Multitude of Universes. Would some come to collide at some point in eternity? Is our Universe experiencing such a collision? Hmmm Consider the 11th dimension that requires gravity to be external to our present position in the void. Oh well think I’ll go to the beach and gather some rays..
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26688 Apr 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
See the difference?
Correct Einstein proven {so far} as being correct in his theories.
False to say that there is no science to our climate. Requires some research on your part,“IF” you are truly interested. Try paleoclimatology and a few surrounding studies that contribute to this historical knowledge of our climate. Take any one of their theories and seek to disclaim it or find an error in their facts and then we can discuss that. Keep in mind your source will be required and the complete means of how the theory was purposed and proven. Then present your “Facts” that can prove their error. Rambling, opinionated, imaginary substance will be ignored, as it has been addressed several times through out this thread.“OR” have you already forgotten that?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26689 Apr 1, 2013
I didn't write "no science to our climate", I wrote there are no peer reviewed experimental test of climate change mitigation.

Einstein's theories have been experimentally tested and refined so we have practical applications from his theories. The man made catastrophic climate change theory hasn't been experimentally tested either.
PHD

Montalba, TX

#26690 Apr 1, 2013
Don't feel bad they only have scientific science fiction useless babble. When they toss out the cut and paste useless babble they will all be dismissed.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26691 Apr 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The man made catastrophic climate change theory hasn't been experimentally tested either.
interesting
and how would you suggest that come about ?:-)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26692 Apr 1, 2013
Someone trained to test theories would publish a compelling experiment in a peer reviewed journal. Then we'd read about it in the news.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26693 Apr 1, 2013
You did not answer his question: how did that come about?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26694 Apr 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Someone trained to test theories would publish a compelling experiment in a peer reviewed journal. Then we'd read about it in the news.
and the exact mechanics of the test would consist of what exactly
before someone trained to test would publish a compelling conclusion in a peer reviewed journal. Then we'd read about it in the news
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26695 Apr 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
You did not answer his question: how did that come about?
I believe most have come to the conclusion he is quite a good dancer :-)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26696 Apr 1, 2013
I'm not a scientist, don't depend on me to design and describe an experimental test of climate change mitigation.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26697 Apr 1, 2013
PHD wrote:
D they will all be dismissed.
Really?..I doubt as quickly as you have been...
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26698 Apr 1, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I'm not a scientist, don't depend on me to design.......
Don't depend on "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" to do anything scientific. Even it agrees to this contention.

However, "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" takes on himself & has no power to ask questions, receive answers, or use such knowledge for societal advancement. Never did it obtain science or mathematics degrees. Never did it obtain upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' has made errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, & 73 million TIMES.

What "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" does ask, is what has been known for decades. If its sins weren't worse than its arrogance, "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" is silliness personified & it has no intelligence in any science or mathematics. However, beyond silliness, "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged AND 4-time proud threatener.

Since: Mar 13

Alexandria, VA

#26699 Apr 2, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I'm certainly not a fan of nuclear (have relatives that are in that field.)
This would seem to have a number of merits..
If existing light water plants could be easily converted would be a plus from several positions...
We shall see how the R&D turns out...
We ,I guess, will still need a source for warhead fuel. The fuel tends to become punky after a time...
I'm sure the government agencys that control usable stockpiles
would be reluctant to inform me of the amount on hand
http://www.triplepundit.com/2012/04/liquid-fl...
SoE,
LWR plants and LFTR plants are totally different, so converting the first to the second would be impractical. However, since LFTRs have a much smaller footprint than a typical LWR, it should not be difficult to install one on current LWR reservations and at least make use of the grid infrastructure.

Weapons grade materials come from totally separate facilities. It is not practical to make weapons using power reactor Spent Nuclear Fuel. It is even less practical to use material from a LFTR NPP.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26700 Apr 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I didn't write "no science to our climate", I wrote there are no peer reviewed experimental test of climate change mitigation.
Einstein's theories have been experimentally tested and refined so we have practical applications from his theories. The man made catastrophic climate change theory hasn't been experimentally tested either.
It is apparent you have not researched. Just as Einstein’s theories have evolved through experiments so has paleoclimatology and the supporting contributors. They as in any science are always refining their experiments. Like I said it require for you to actually read about paleoclimatology. All you are doing is simple callow rhetoric and opinion’s. No substance.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26701 Apr 2, 2013
Can you cite a compelling experiment for climate change mitigation?
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26702 Apr 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Can you cite a compelling experiment for climate change mitigation?
That is for you to discover through your own research and education. No matter what pearls I cast before you, you will not comprehend them.
Then we return to your cycle of callow rhetoric… and no substance….

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
India's most astute deal maker is now a bankrup... 13 hr MOMIN ANSARI 2
INSIGHT-Taxes, fees: the worldwide battle betwe... 15 hr Foolthy 5
House bill would extend wind, other alternative... 16 hr Solarman 3
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... Mon Wolfman 3
Campaign against huge solar power farm plan Mon Solarman 5
Study Shows Ethanol Produces Worse 'Global Warm... Mon Brian_G 22
Massive renewable energy project alters German ... Sep 28 Earthling-1 38

Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE