Carbon tax: A win-win for the economy and the environment

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Christian Science Monitor

Smoke rises in this time-exposure image from the stacks of the La Cygne Generating Station coal-fired power plant in La Cygne, Kan.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2013
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

More scientific science fiction to extract more tax dollars from the real tax payers.This is nothing more than symantic gymnastics trying to k=make another attempt to fool the real tax payers.
ioconnor

Menifee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Another lose-lose scenario wrapped in propaganda until black is white and white is black and the author comes away thinking it's a win-win!

The real solution is to remove current coal subsidies and make them pay for their clean ups. End result is that natural gas, coal, and nuclear prices will sky rocket and renewable energy will be adopted much much sooner.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

These guys spend a lot of time in the referenced papers talking about a Corporate tax rate that is 35%. Taxing all energy users seems to be a "fair" and equitable solution with at least some of the "carbon tax" going to lower the Corporate tax rate. Another solution would be to take the taxation of the people of this country away from Congress, the 16th amendment and create a flat tax system. Require the Government to live within OUR means and any tax increase or decrease in the flat rate would require a national election. Then Congress could get back to legislation to protect the people of this country from egregious business practices like when credit card companies charge up to 29.95% on outstanding credit card debt if there is a late payment. Wrest taxation away from the Governments 535 and give it back to the 300 million.
oo7oo7

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Just keep jackin up the prices a holes one of these days wind mill energy will rule and electric company's will be out ..........enjoy your money now the day will come electtric will not be the Only way of life so there up yours then. Wind energy is coming believe it ..........
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Wind Mills Rule already. Sorry to say the majority that owns them are Energy Comp. so the rates will remain the same. Actually if you purchase wind energy the rates are slightly higher. So purchase your own wind mill. Hold own I'm sure there will be some zoning law or deed restriction that will stop you from installing your own.
oo7oo7

Dittmer, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Of course f da laws I put it up Myself that's that ..........this is America so do as you like .
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Oh yes you can until they make that dredded inspection.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••