First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MurielB

Montréal, Canada

#21 Feb 9, 2011
Somehow the subject of this thread has been totally lost. Don't any of you read attentively ?
David from Wimbledon, UK
A 17-hour curfew in Luxor ?
You had me so worried I searched for more information.
There has never been a curfew in Luxor during the past 2 weeks.
Please check facts before posting.
And I must stop looking at this thread for information because most of the information here is ridiculous.
Mr Gordon Davies

Belfast, UK

#22 Feb 10, 2011
Have just spoken on phone to American Express in Luxor and it was confifmed to me I cannot send money to my friend in Luxor via American Express,which is what Daniel wanted to do.Yes there is no problem sending money to the UK it is the opposite way round that is the problem.Perhaps under a different regime Thomas Cook will deservedly regain part of their business which is money transfers which no doubt earned them a tidy income.
Mrs Jutta Atkins

UK

#23 Feb 11, 2011
Thank you Jennifer. I have visited Luxor many times over the last 3 years and witnessed absolutely horrified, disgusted and with greatest concern 'The Rape of Luxor'. I really love Luxor and it became my home from home. Regardless of the
situation I shall return for 2 months this summer.
I have close Egyptian friends who work in the now
depleted tourist industry and they sre struggeling even more to feed their families.
Could anybody let me know PLEASE how I can send money in the fastest and secure way to send money to Cairo and Luxor??? I would appreciate it with heartful thanks.
Mrs Jutta Atkins

UK

#24 Feb 11, 2011
Thank you Jennifer. Over many visits in the last 3 years I have
witnessed 'THE RAPE OF LUXOR' with horror, disgust and greatest concern. I love Luxor and shall return in the summer for 2 months - regardless of the situation there.

Please let me know the fastest and secure way of sending money to
close Egyptian friends in Cairo and Luxor. Anybody???
I would appreciate it with heartful thanks.
Daniel

Arlington, VA

#25 Feb 11, 2011
Western Union remains shutdown for transfers to Egypt. Money Gram may work but has no location in Luxor. The Egyptian Embassy here advised me to wire to a private bank account in Luxor but my friend does not have a bank account. American Express appears to function business to business only. So, I'm still looking for a way to get a small amount of money to my friend and his family in Luxor. He is a travel guide and of course there is no business now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luxor, Egypt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emad Ammari is a scammer from esba village luxo... 20 hr wada 1
Scammed by Luxor taxi driver. (Mar '12) Aug '14 ellena10 32
Egyptian jailed for insulting Islam on Facebook (Jun '14) Jul '14 IL Principe 13
Abdel Rady Ali Mohamed Mahdy - Iberotel Hotel (Oct '13) Jun '14 karin 5
Internet Cafe Luxor Egypt (Jul '13) Jun '14 FYI 2
Islamists torch Christians' shops in south Egypt (Jun '14) Jun '14 CantHideTheTruth 7
New security problems keep eBay on edge (May '14) May '14 Philip Cohen 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:58 am PST