Meet the Woman Who Leads the Chicago Teachers' Strike

Full story: Common Dreams 10
Karen Jennings Lewis is a powerhouse of energy, ideas, and idealism. The head of the Chicago Teachers' Union, this 350-pound African-American woman is not easily intimidated. Full Story
Ewe

Omaha, NE

#1 Sep 11, 2012
I find her repulsive, period.
Whadda Expect

Montréal, Canada

#2 Sep 11, 2012
Greed comes first. Students come second.
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

#3 Sep 11, 2012
"Not easily intimidated". What a focus upon the head of the teacher's union, I say. Not often I hear the term "intimidation" in a setting that deals with the responsibility for 400K kids.

Or was it a point that she was 350 pounds also? I have no problems including a gym membership in the healthcare plans of the teachers as long as they used it. At least more in the state of "preventive care" our eminent leader speaks about.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#4 Sep 12, 2012
I despise uneven, unbalanced porttrayals of union heads. She is an embarassment to everyone who is or has been a teacher.

Then again, the CTU has a history of putting inarticulate clowns out front.

Way to go CTU! You've made yourselves look like out-of-touch union employees, yet again!
Truth Facts

Dayton, OH

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Well she couldn't run 5 feet without losing breath she should take advantage of Nazi Moochelles nutrition program. really she is a vile creature but I say you go Chi,reap what you sow,go bankrupt for a bunch of overeating/overpaid spoiled rotten/no good for nothing teachers.Emanuel keep showing America how much of a sissy girl you are and not growing a pair.Stand up,be a man and order them back to work. Pathetic.
Bob Lewis

AOL

#6 Sep 12, 2012
Whadda Expect wrote:
Greed comes first. Students come second.
Unions are all the same.

Gimme Gimme Gimme
More and More and More.....

Reduce Standards...Accept Less........

Unionizing Public Employees was an act of civic suicide. We should all be ashamed for allowing this easily anticipated disaster. FDR refused to Unionize Public Employees and no one was more "liberal" than FDR.
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

#7 Sep 12, 2012
I wonder if CHI will be the first larger city to declare bankruptcy. I don't know a single professional person in CHI that is not comtemplating a move, unless they are lawyers or work for the city.

Go Chicago, keep it up!! You can still raise taxes and stay below NY level, so what are you waiting for?

Since: Feb 11

Love Land

#8 Sep 12, 2012
I stand in solidarity with inner city Teachers all across the nation. These are degreed, professionals who against MANY odds, try their best to mold, shape and enlighten the minds of our youth.

Rahm Emmanuel is a bully and I'm very disappointed in his treatment of the unions. He more than likely won't be reelected as Mayor.
Bob Lewis

AOL

#9 Sep 12, 2012
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
I wonder if CHI will be the first larger city to declare bankruptcy. I don't know a single professional person in CHI that is not comtemplating a move, unless they are lawyers or work for the city.
Go Chicago, keep it up!! You can still raise taxes and stay below NY level, so what are you waiting for?
Never happen. Racist Chicano Mayor Villagairosa of LA promises that Los Angeles will be the first Democratic political Dictatorship to drive a major American City into Municipal Bankruptcy. Former LA Mayor Reardon says the fiscal collapse should happen in 2014.

In LA, Democrats ran on a platform of leaving nothing but Billions in bone crushing Debt as the legacy to the children and WON. Though All urban cities where Unions own Democrats will FAIL, LA will be first. Chicago will have to settle for sloppy seconds.
Truth Facts

Dayton, OH

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Nia_ wrote:
I stand in solidarity with inner city Teachers all across the nation. These are degreed, professionals who against MANY odds, try their best to mold, shape and enlighten the minds of our youth.
Rahm Emmanuel is a bully and I'm very disappointed in his treatment of the unions. He more than likely won't be reelected as Mayor.
Well poor poor teachers,our hearts bleed for them!(NOT)these greedy ass Chi teachers that are the highest paid in the nation turned down a 16% raise.WHAT?50% of CHI students do not graduate.I don't like the mayor at all but he is trying to save the Chi economy from financial disaster but you seem not to care about destruction.Emanuel should grow a pair and order these fat over paid lazy scumbag teachers back to work or fire all of them.Apparently he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader like Reagan did with the Air traffic controllers. You feel for hese teachers,well your a sad sad case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trial ordered in Philly school cheating probe 1 hr Phil 4
Student Sues Over SAT Error (Apr '06) 15 hr Phil 9
Personal Injury Attorney, Jeffrey T. Jones Warn... Sep 19 anon 2
Your Teen Needs More Sleep: AAP Recommends Late... Sep 13 Bob 35
2nd VUSD candidate forum set for Wednesday Sep 11 Birds Landing Bob 1
Tupelo High seeks to boost ACT scores Sep 11 EDU 1
Malloy Aims To Cut Standardized Tests For Stamf... Sep 6 Mike g papa 1
•••

Standardized Testing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE