3 school districts to become national role models for educational technology

Full story: WFMZ 11
Three local school districts - Quakertown, Salisbury and Southern Lehigh - are among only 20 across the United States that have been selected to strengthen their education technology through an initiative called Project RED. Full Story
gino

Emmaus, PA

#1 Nov 10, 2012
Such a shame.... QCSD is such a terrible school that a huge national company has included it in it's 20 national finalists for this prestegious program. Yup, no one at QCSD knows anything about education. We need to go back to the way kids were taught in the 60's..... maybe then parents will understand.....
but the kids will have the education that their parents got - back in the 60's...
Congradulations Dr Andreko and your technology team. Maybe now people will understand... but I am not holding my breath.....
Needs Work

Quakertown, PA

#2 Nov 10, 2012
This is the same district that admitted in a Morning Call article today that its severely outdated computer/telecommunications system for alerting the community to closures during/after the hurricane was nearly overwhelmed and that its replacement can't wait until the high school renovation project is undertaken next year. Who let this essential system become this vulnerable?

I don't think that QCSD is terrible like some detractors say (for the demographics that it has, it probably can be said it does a reasonably decent job) but its not the top-notch district that its apologists claim that it is or is worth the high salaries that its administrators make.
Wait

Quakertown, PA

#3 Nov 10, 2012
What happened to the "refomers" you people voted for LAST YEAR? You know, former teacher/union president Dwight "Mitch" Anderson, green around the gills Gary Landes, Rip van Stauffer, and the ringleader, Paul Stepanoff.

I thought these guys were elected to turn this district around?

To those of you who voted for them: you now have egg on YOUR face!

You fell for their scare tactics and that hit mailer sent out by their child molester, Richard Woldow.
OMG

Lansdale, PA

#4 Nov 10, 2012
Wait wrote:
What happened to the "refomers" you people voted for LAST YEAR? You know, former teacher/union president Dwight "Mitch" Anderson, green around the gills Gary Landes, Rip van Stauffer, and the ringleader, Paul Stepanoff.
You fell for their scare tactics and that hit mailer sent out by their child molester, Richard Woldow.
Dick Woldow did endorse HIS canidates but the idiots voted for them.
"Shame on you"!
JokesOnYou

Sellersville, PA

#5 Nov 10, 2012
Companies with an interest in selling software to school districts willing to purchase same are soft targets for same.
Temper

Hatfield, PA

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Wait wrote:
It takes a majority vote to get effective changes. There are still too many backward members on that board who back Andreko. If you go to board meetings, you already know this.
ryan

Emmaus, PA

#7 Nov 11, 2012
Needs work....
I believe that Mr Murry said that they would become seriously outdated if something wasn't done... not that we are currently outdated. A crisis the size that we just had is when you find out your limits and flaws. I think the district did a very good job keeping everyone informed. The robo calls work very well, too. I was surprised just out efficient the system was considering how long power was out.
Mr Murry is correct in that a back-up system farther away, in a different electric service would be very beneficial. Standard operating procedure for large businesses. And a school district is a large business. No financial profit, but a business. With Mother Nature in an uproar these days, I think it is wise to take every precaution to protect and expand the system that we have. Technology changes every five minutes. We can't wait long.
Needs Work

Quakertown, PA

#8 Nov 11, 2012
Wait wrote:
Regardless of mine, yours, or anyone else's political views - you do realize that you identified only four "reformers" (and Stauffer's asleep so he doesn't count) and there's nine school board members total.

Majority rules and Dr. Andrejko still calls the shots, right or wrong.
I will school you

Lansdale, PA

#9 Nov 11, 2012
ryan wrote:
Needs work....
I believe that Mr Murry said that they would become seriously outdated if something wasn't done... not that we are currently outdated. A crisis the size that we just had is when you find out your limits and flaws. I think the district did a very good job keeping everyone informed. The robo calls work very well, too. I was surprised just out efficient the system was considering how long power was out.
Mr Murry is correct in that a back-up system farther away, in a different electric service would be very beneficial. Standard operating procedure for large businesses. And a school district is a large business. No financial profit, but a business. With Mother Nature in an uproar these days, I think it is wise to take every precaution to protect and expand the system that we have. Technology changes every five minutes. We can't wait long.
Why not use your home computer? Why your cell phone?
Wait

Quakertown, PA

#10 Nov 11, 2012
Needs Work wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of mine, yours, or anyone else's political views - you do realize that you identified only four "reformers" (and Stauffer's asleep so he doesn't count) and there's nine school board members total.
Majority rules and Dr. Andrejko still calls the shots, right or wrong.
I believe Fern Strunk and Joyce King were sympathetic to their cause even though they didn't run with their platform.

The only holdouts are Bob Smith and Kelly van Valkenburgh and Anna Cattie, who is with them as well.

Stauffer is asleep and just vote's on Paul's cue anyway.

No matter how you see it, Stepanoff has his control and nothing has changed. Imagine that! All that talk and bloviating and nothing has happened. Attack Dr. A. all you want, but she is having the last laugh now.
southpark69

Perkasie, PA

#11 Nov 11, 2012
Stepanoff ran and knock on doors with Tim Arnold.
Enough said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Principal accused of taking test for student 19 hr Guest 3
Learning English for IELTS or TOEFL (Mar '11) Nov 20 Ted Smith 2
Hundreds of Colorado high school students refus... Nov 15 Maltamon 2
NEA president: Don't punish teachers with test ... Nov 15 Maltamon 2
Campus safety concerns Nov 15 Dirty Juvenile Wa... 1
Tips for getting into the University of Florida (Dec '08) Nov 8 Leahburrrrrn 86
Daniel Morcombe's father Bruce is confident the... Oct 30 anti green 3

Standardized Testing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE