No Child Left Behind primer

Apr 4, 2007 Read more: The Indianapolis Star 30
Overview The 2001 federal law lays out a national policy that every child will pass state standardized tests in English and math by 2014. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cmd

Tulsa, OK

#1 Apr 4, 2007
mi name
napablogger

Barnesville, OH

#2 Apr 9, 2007
Seems a lot less onerous than the critics make it. It is the schools that put students through hell over these tests.
tyler

Bakersfield, CA

#3 Apr 10, 2007
napablogger wrote:
Seems a lot less onerous than the critics make it. It is the schools that put students through hell over these tests.
It is not just onerous, but odious! It is the culmination of generations and generations of a perversion of the word education. If you yourself can tolerate it, it can only be because of your limited understanding of what education is and what it should be. If you can tolerate what takes place in public schools and what is now called accountability, then there is no possible explanation other than ignorance. Everyone thinks they are an expert in education because they went to school. Nothing could be further from the truth, most teachers are unaware of how humans acquire knowledge and integrate information that might be useful for engagement with the world. If you pretend to understand and feel qualified to make a value judgment about NCLB then you are not only misinformed, you will probably be so deluded that you take offense to someone letting you see your own ignorance. ty
tyler

Bakersfield, CA

#4 Apr 10, 2007
It is not just onerous, but odious! It is the culmination of generations and generations of a perversion of the word education. Everyone thinks they are an expert in education because they went to school. Nothing could be further from the truth, most teachers are unaware of how humans acquire knowledge and integrate information that might be useful for engagement with the world. NCLB is the final set of nails in the coffin of effective public education ty
IPS Teacher

Portland, IN

#5 Apr 10, 2007
These laws have cause a complete perversion of the educational process, we are going to end up with a complete generation of students who are only educated to take tests. If parents and tax payers knew what was going on to insure AYP they'd have fits.
Kids "review" subjects that have never been taught, many who have already passed the tests have to sit through endless hours of test prep with those who haven't passed, and schools figure out statitically who might pass and direct all their time and resources to those kids, because it is a numbers game. Writing isn't even taught, nothing longer than four paragraphes ever appears on the test. Do you really want your child to be a pawn it this insanity.
Ralphie

United States

#6 Apr 11, 2007
Note Bush made the deadline to be after he is out of office. He has no accountablity for it. Soon after January 20, 2009 NCLB will be scrapped. The sooner the better.

Ive taught grades 6-12 siince 1977 and I have seen NCLB do far more damage than good.
Jane

Meriden, CT

#7 Apr 12, 2007
IPS Teacher wrote:
These laws have cause a complete perversion of the educational process, we are going to end up with a complete generation of students who are only educated to take tests. If parents and tax payers knew what was going on to insure AYP they'd have fits.
Kids "review" subjects that have never been taught, many who have already passed the tests have to sit through endless hours of test prep with those who haven't passed, and schools figure out statitically who might pass and direct all their time and resources to those kids, because it is a numbers game. Writing isn't even taught, nothing longer than four paragraphes ever appears on the test. Do you really want your child to be a pawn it this insanity.
We didn't allow our children to take the tests and when the test prep packets started coming home for homework in October for tests not to be taken until March, we knew something was seriously wrong. We refused to do the test prep packets and informed the school that our children actually wanted to learn, not learn how to take tests.
Our children have become bored in school. They've told us they really don't learn much of anything and since that I've spent time in the school, looking in depth at the curriculum, and quite frankly I have to agree with them. It's mind-numbing.
So, at least in our case, we've begun filling in the "potholes" of our childrens' education outside of the school day. Now we're wondering why we even send them at all and perhaps they would better be served at home.
tyler

Bakersfield, CA

#8 Apr 12, 2007
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't allow our children to take the tests and when the test prep packets started coming home for homework in October for tests not to be taken until March, we knew something was seriously wrong. We refused to do the test prep packets and informed the school that our children actually wanted to learn, not learn how to take tests.
Our children have become bored in school. They've told us they really don't learn much of anything and since that I've spent time in the school, looking in depth at the curriculum, and quite frankly I have to agree with them. It's mind-numbing.
So, at least in our case, we've begun filling in the "potholes" of our childrens' education outside of the school day. Now we're wondering why we even send them at all and perhaps they would better be served at home.
You and your family have good sense. The more I learn about schools the more the more destructive I find them to be. Mind numbing is an excellent word to describe the modern curriculum. It is a crying shme that an army of professional educators are willing to numb the minds of our youths, just so they can get a little worthless recognition from their bosses, it is bankrupt and a depressing sign of the degradation of our country. ty
MaltoMon

Dorval, Canada

#9 Apr 16, 2013
I prefer a policy of 'No Child Left with a Covered Behind'.
Standardized tests that I would favor for boys in a national curriculum would include:

1. Drownproofing: boys would be required to swim a certain number of laps nude, and tread water for a certain time, as both a test of physical fitness and ability to survive a boating accident.

2. Personal Hygiene: boys would be required to shower after PE as a test of their personal hygiene, and as a test of their social interactive skills.

Failure to meet these standards would result in a bare-bottom spanking by a female administrator.
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#10 Apr 16, 2013
MaltoMon wrote:
I prefer a policy of 'No Child Left with a Covered Behind'.
Standardized tests that I would favor for boys in a national curriculum would include:
1. Drownproofing: boys would be required to swim a certain number of laps nude, and tread water for a certain time, as both a test of physical fitness and ability to survive a boating accident.
2. Personal Hygiene: boys would be required to shower after PE as a test of their personal hygiene, and as a test of their social interactive skills.
Failure to meet these standards would result in a bare-bottom spanking by a female administrator.
This post actually comes from Pedo Bob of Dorval and Montreal, Canada.. He's a paedophile; he raped my son in 2004. He has admitted it in a number of posts, but has denied it in many more. Nonetheless, Bob has described his rape of my son in a number of very graphic, very detailed accounts of it, which he also has posted. What you see above is Pedo Bob, posing as me (note his location and the misspelling of my screen name) sharing with readers what he regards as very, very funny: his ritual, habitual, chronically persistent lampooning of the victims of child sexual abuse. That's really all you need to know about this middle-aged "man" of Montreal.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

#11 Apr 16, 2013
MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> This post actually comes from Pedo Bob of Dorval and Montreal, Canada.. He's a paedophile; he raped my son in 2004. He has admitted it in a number of posts, but has denied it in many more. Nonetheless, Bob has described his rape of my son in a number of very graphic, very detailed accounts of it, which he also has posted. What you see above is Pedo Bob, posing as me (note his location and the misspelling of my screen name) sharing with readers what he regards as very, very funny: his ritual, habitual, chronically persistent lampooning of the victims of child sexual abuse. That's really all you need to know about this middle-aged "man" of Montreal.
This post actually comes from MaltaMon of Des Moines, IA. He's a pedophile; he has no son. He admits to soliciting college boys for sex in numerous posts, and gives very graphic details of what he does. He regularly visits Montreal to hook up with his "son" in the gay village. What you see above is MaltaMon, projecting on to me (note his location an his insulting name for me)to cover his own pedophilic homosexuality, sharing with readers his phony, outrageous claims for which he offers no proof. That's all you really need to know about this middle-aged pedophile who posts from Iowa and Pennsylvania.
MaltaMon

Merchantville, NJ

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
This post actually comes from MaltaMon of Des Moines, IA. He's a pedophile; he has no son. He admits to soliciting college boys for sex in numerous posts, and gives very graphic details of what he does. He regularly visits Montreal to hook up with his "son" in the gay village. What you see above is MaltaMon, projecting on to me (note his location an his insulting name for me)to cover his own pedophilic homosexuality, sharing with readers his phony, outrageous claims for which he offers no proof. That's all you really need to know about this middle-aged pedophile who posts from Iowa and Pennsylvania.
All anyone need do is read your witty satire of child abuse and nudity, recognize that you posted it under an alias that is almost identical to my screen name, then decide which of us is more likely telling the truth.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

#13 Apr 16, 2013
MaltaMon

Reading, PA

#14 Apr 16, 2013
Bob wrote:
I am not in Canada, Pedo Bob. I am not Canadian. You are both. Your posts under the alias of MoltaMon and under Bob all originate from the same locations in Canada--Montreal or its suburb of Dorval. If one were able to fake his location to the extent of placing it across the only international boundary north of the Rio Grande, one that is 1300 miles from here (Montteal and Dorval, that is), you would have placed MaltoMon in the US, wouldn't you, Bob? And as for my "insulting name" for you, it is, as you well know, intended to identify you for what you are. I think it is quite accurate. If you find that insulting, that doesn't make me feel worse for using it. Now, please, don't pollute serious threads about education and children with your desperate, transparent,attempt at vengeance against those who have identified you as,the child sexual predator that you are. Show some respect for kids, even though, quite obviously, you wouldn't mean it.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#15 Apr 17, 2013
Should the "Education Forum" be renamed as the Bob Forum"? The thread titled "Bob: Were boys forced to swim nude in highschool" is already in the Forum spotlight!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#16 Apr 17, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Should the "Education Forum" be renamed as the Bob Forum"? The thread titled "Bob: Were boys forced to swim nude in highschool" is already in the Forum spotlight!
And that thread was started by the pedo-gay pervert Maltomon.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#17 Apr 17, 2013
Zuiko wrote:
<quoted text>
And that thread was started by the pedo-gay pervert Maltomon.
It was started in response to Bobs posts about children swimming nude.
MaltaMon

Reading, PA

#18 Apr 17, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure ZuikiLies realizes that. He just has nothing better in his arsenal. And when down in the count, as he always is, he lies.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#19 Apr 17, 2013
Lol.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#20 Apr 17, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he did not, boy, he used Bob as an excuse to start another thread about nude boys swimming. Even a child can't be fooled by that. In fact you are the only one who believes that BS, as you believe everything else that the lying pervert says.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Shake Shack summit that saved the education... 7 hr barefoot2626 2
News Lawmakers Push Playtime as Schools Try to Figur... (Aug '08) Fri bob 23
News Why civil rights groups support standardized tests Apr 16 stewart scott 13
News Appalachian School of Law Continues to Struggle Apr 16 fed up 6
News Atlanta teachers to be sentenced in test cheati... Apr 15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Jail for 9 of 10 ex-educators in Atlanta test-c... Apr 15 Go Blue Forever 1
News No more fetching: Minor league team says bat-do... Apr 15 Your Ex 3
More from around the web