Lawmakers push 900 bills to meet filing cutoff

Full story: El Paso Times
An El Paso lawmaker on Friday filed a bill that would prohibit tying educator bonuses and salaries to student performance on the state's standardized tests. Full Story
Way of base

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Mar 9, 2013
What this politician should file
Is a bill
Making public corruption a capital crime,
So we can feed the alligators!

El paso has more corruption than any US city according to the FBI,
Let's fix it!
furloughed employee

El Paso, TX

#2 Mar 9, 2013
I hope that those idiot lawmakers and brobama get their heads out of their butts soon and come to some kind of deal. Because I may not be able to survive too long on 80% of my 73k a year job for the next 6 months. I may have to apply for Lone Star if this keeps which I can do on my two hour lunch break this coming Monday.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 9, 2013
Way of base wrote:
What this politician should file
Is a bill
Making public corruption a capital crime,
So we can feed the alligators!
El paso has more corruption than any US city according to the FBI,
Let's fix it!
Beg to differ with you. There are already laws on the books that deal real well with the corruption. ANd El Paso is far behind Dallas, Chicago, Detroit and All over New Jersey.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 9, 2013
What our senator and representatives need to do is file bills requiring the District Attorney's office to file every conceivable charge against a person when they present charges at the grand jury hearings. Murder, tampering with evidence, assault against a public employee (Police Officer, Jailer, Medical Tech) if they apply and the murder charges should be everything from involuntary, voluntary,Negligent and conspiracy. That way a person involved would not be found innocent.

Two.. DWI charges (accident causing injury or death) be raised from 3rd degree to second degree if there are more than one death in the same occurrence with a mandatory sentence of not less than 10 years nor more than 20 years.

Possession of Marijuana under 4 ounces would be presented with a citation to appear. Possession 4 ounce to 1 pound a Class A misdemeanor charge.
Possession of more than one pound and less that 100 pounds possession with intent and a sentence of 5 years or 10 years probation and if a illegal immigrant automatic deportation.

I agree with the teachers or administrators salaries not being tied to the test results of the state wide test. Viva the death of the Texas Starr test.

Year end tests should not be used on seniors to determine of they graduate but on grades received all year long.

All publicly elected officials should have the right to be recalled by their voting constituents.
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#6 Mar 9, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
What our senator and representatives need to do is file bills requiring the District Attorney's office to file every conceivable charge against a person when they present charges at the grand jury hearings. Murder, tampering with evidence, assault against a public employee (Police Officer, Jailer, Medical Tech) if they apply and the murder charges should be everything from involuntary, voluntary,Negligent and conspiracy. That way a person involved would not be found innocent.
Two.. DWI charges (accident causing injury or death) be raised from 3rd degree to second degree if there are more than one death in the same occurrence with a mandatory sentence of not less than 10 years nor more than 20 years.
Possession of Marijuana under 4 ounces would be presented with a citation to appear. Possession 4 ounce to 1 pound a Class A misdemeanor charge.
Possession of more than one pound and less that 100 pounds possession with intent and a sentence of 5 years or 10 years probation and if a illegal immigrant automatic deportation.
I agree with the teachers or administrators salaries not being tied to the test results of the state wide test. Viva the death of the Texas Starr test.
Year end tests should not be used on seniors to determine of they graduate but on grades received all year long.
All publicly elected officials should have the right to be recalled by their voting constituents.
Actually, you're way off on this one. The STAAR test is wonderful. My daughter got a passing grade and now she's able to take additional electives. She's well on her way to success because of this test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Madonna condemns Kim K's Naked Butt while Teach... Tue Phil 2
Amity High School To Present Play About Survivo... Mon humanSpirit 1
Pittsfield schools superintendent aims to tackl... Mon Praxis33 7
Principal accused of taking test for student Nov 23 Guest 3
Learning English for IELTS or TOEFL (Mar '11) Nov 20 Ted Smith 2
Hundreds of Colorado high school students refus... Nov 15 Maltamon 2
NEA president: Don't punish teachers with test ... Nov 15 Maltamon 2

Standardized Testing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE