Black community must remember to value education, says Erika D. Smith

Jul 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

As a black woman, every once in a while I read something that makes me hang my head in shame and ball my fists in anger.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 166 of166
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Savant wrote:
TROLLS,TROLL TROLLS
I see that trolls have destroye4 another thread on an issue of deep concern for the national Black community. And as usual, most of those trolls are white racists.
Some old, some old.
Most of the threads get co-opted by trolls. They claim they can't stand Blacks but they won't leave us alone. I notice this is especially true with White wannabes.

Anyway, in about a month or so will be my daughter's last year of high school and then she'll off to college. I have really been debating whether it is better to do two years in community college, and then transfer to university, or just go straight to 4 year university?

Can save money that way, since she won't qualify for any athletic or needs-based scholarships. I thought they had scholarships for students with good grades, but everywhere I check, it seems to be means-tested.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the threads get co-opted by trolls. They claim they can't stand Blacks but they won't leave us alone. I notice this is especially true with White wannabes.
Anyway, in about a month or so will be my daughter's last year of high school and then she'll off to college. I have really been debating whether it is better to do two years in community college, and then transfer to university, or just go straight to 4 year university?
Can save money that way, since she won't qualify for any athletic or needs-based scholarships. I thought they had scholarships for students with good grades, but everywhere I check, it seems to be means-tested.
Congratulations! And best wishes for your daughter success. An intelligent, educated sister is an awesome presence. And whatever route she takes---Community college first or direct to the four year university---I hope she treats her education as more than a ticket to a great job or profession. I hope she seizes upon it for the possibilities of great intellectual and cultural development.
Again, caongrats and Best Wishes!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations! And best wishes for your daughter success. An intelligent, educated sister is an awesome presence. And whatever route she takes---Community college first or direct to the four year university---I hope she treats her education as more than a ticket to a great job or profession. I hope she seizes upon it for the possibilities of great intellectual and cultural development.
Again, caongrats and Best Wishes!
Co-sign!
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

...community college for negrows?.........alwayz comes back to ebonics and nigonometry..........

..........young kneegras tryin to become something more than cotton pickers..........

.....ahh.......

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
...community college for negrows?.........alwayz comes back to ebonics and nigonometry..........
..........young kneegras tryin to become something more than cotton pickers..........
.....ahh.......
We are ALL something more than Masud. But then again, so is my nephew's pet turtle. LOL!

Since: Apr 12

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

A proud Grandmammy...whose daughter is about to graduate high school...

LMAO at your failure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 166 of166
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Standardized Testing Discussions

Search the Standardized Testing Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
State not finished with El Paso cheating scandal Tue SJM 2
Abuse of authority (Mar '07) Apr 19 MaltaMon 15
John Paul II students named Junior Scholars Apr 19 Brother Andre 3
Affirmative inaction: The college admissions pl... Apr 18 Paul Hue 1
Dennis Clason: No harm in starting at community... Apr 13 CCgrad 1
BJU ends investigation into sex abuse claims Apr 5 MaltoMon 14
Happy Birthday, Alan Haskvitz (Sep '08) Apr 3 any 12
•••
•••