Ernest Kimme: Test backlash spreading

Jan 29, 2013 Full story: The Reporter 8

The protest started at a single high school and has spread. Parents and students are supporting the boycott.

Full Story
Knowsalot

Vacaville, CA

#1 Jan 29, 2013
These are the same parents and kids that think children's soccer games should have no scoring.
Terrance

San Jose, CA

#2 Jan 29, 2013
This is a great reason to place your school age children in a private school. The investment is well worth it.

All unionista public school teachers need to be fired and all teachers unions decertified by government. We need to go back to THESE RULES FOR TEACHERS:

1. Teachers each day will fill lamps, clean chimneys.

2. Each teacher will bring a bucket of water and a scuttle of coal for the day's session.

3. Make your pens carefully. You many whittle nibs to the individual taste of the pupils.

4. Men teachers may take one evening each week for courting purposes, or two evenings a week if they go to church regularly.

5. After ten hours in school, the teachers may spend the remaining time reading the Bible or other good books.

6. Women teachers who marry or engage in unseemly conduct will be dismissed.

7.(Important!) Every teacher should lay aside from each pay a goodly sum of his earnings for his benefit during his declining years so that he will not become a burden to society.

8. Any teacher who smokes, uses liquor in any form, frequents pool or public halls, or gets shaved in a barber shop will given reason to suspect his worth, intention, integrity, and honesty.

9. The teacher who performs his labor faithfully and without fault for five years will be given an increase of twenty-five cents per week in his or her pay, providing the Board of Education approves.

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

#3 Jan 29, 2013
Knowsalot wrote:
These are the same parents and kids that think children's soccer games should have no scoring.
So true. It doesn't matter that little Johnny is as dumb as a stump just as long as he feels good about himself.

These teachers should be fired immediately and replaced with people who want to TEACH and not afraid of being held accountable.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>So true. It doesn't matter that little Johnny is as dumb as a stump just as long as he feels good about himself.These teachers should be fired immediately and replaced with people who want to TEACH and not afraid of being held accountable.
You'd love to teach Animal Husbandry I'm sure.
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#5 Jan 31, 2013
For decades, top universities have courted National Merit Finalists and students with high SAT’s because those tests are good predictors of success in higher education.

It sounds like these days on other standardized tests, they collect personal information such as race, family income, etc. and “adjust” the test scores.
Steve

Walnut Creek, CA

#6 Feb 1, 2013
Time for a reader backlash against asinine VV Repeater Op-Ed writers!

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Steve wrote:
Time for a reader backlash against asinine VV Repeater Op-Ed writers!
Already happened as shown by their circulation numbers.

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Adam Lambert wrote:
For decades, top universities have courted National Merit Finalists and students with high SAT’s because those tests are good predictors of success in higher education.
It sounds like these days on other standardized tests, they collect personal information such as race, family income, etc. and “adjust” the test scores.
They need to do that to be sure that the test scores benefit their liberal agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Data link poverty, school performance in Ohio Oct 17 dJw 16
NEA president: Don't punish teachers with test ... Oct 17 dJw 1
Trial ordered in Philly school cheating probe Oct 17 dJw 57
Knox parents promise fight over decision to end... (Jan '10) Oct 15 bella 928
Municipal Election 2014: The School Trustees Oct 10 no North Halton d... 1
Maplewood tops in school report cards Sep 25 WPB 1
Student Sues Over SAT Error (Apr '06) Sep '14 MaltaMon 5

Standardized Testing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE