ACT scores in Farmington improve, but...

ACT scores in Farmington improve, but fewer students are taking the...

There are 9 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Aug 18, 2010, titled ACT scores in Farmington improve, but fewer students are taking the.... In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Fewer Farmington high school students are taking the ACT, but those who do are scoring better than their peers across the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

oatmeal

Farmington, NM

#1 Aug 19, 2010
The native and hispanic people bring down the scores
Brigham Young

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Aug 19, 2010
oatmeal wrote:
sure, buddy ... what clan meeting did you hear that from ..?
Brad

United States

#3 Aug 19, 2010
That Native dude is lucky to have Alissa Burson and Sarah Eaves as classmates. Pretty white girls.
Please

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Aug 19, 2010
oatmeal wrote:
Really? I'm Hispanic, and the first time I took this test I got a 27. Second time a 29. Looks like I'm actually helping to pull up the average.
shiprock mutton

Santa Clara, CA

#5 Aug 19, 2010
oatmeal wrote:
Shiprock still holds the title in NM of a perfect score but the ACT gods denied the poor student. Its all a bunch of Bull = testing students, ranking them, etc. In the real world you work as a team and succeed as team. I hold my workers accountable as a team. When attending a University, I've seen these so call high score students fail in college so many times. Its the parents and family support that can do much better than any test.
shiprock parent

Shiprock, NM

#6 Aug 23, 2010
shiprock mutton wrote:
<quoted text>
Shiprock still holds the title in NM of a perfect score but the ACT gods denied the poor student. Its all a bunch of Bull = testing students, ranking them, etc. In the real world you work as a team and succeed as team. I hold my workers accountable as a team. When attending a University, I've seen these so call high score students fail in college so many times. Its the parents and family support that can do much better than any test.
very true...a person might do better in high school with all straight A'S and hi-test scores in act BUT STUDENTS WHO DODN'T FARE WELL IN HIGH SCHOOL actually do pretty good in college with alot of family support.
Dr Who

Aztec, NM

#7 Aug 23, 2010
Tests are a measure of a student's ability. A measure, not the only, not the final, not always even the best measure. I graduated honors in high school and had a 27 on the ACT (did very poor on the SAT) and had a really hard time my first semester and had a few classes I needed to retake. I went on to graduate college with honors. A test measures how a person is doing that day - not much or less information is gleaned.
Young Wing

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Aug 25, 2010
How come our local schools use the ACT when the rest of the country seems to be on the SAT???

Anyone know?

United States

#9 May 24, 2012
Brigham Young wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, buddy ... what clan meeting did you hear that from ..?
Our clan meetings are on Thursday's; it's true they do bring down the scores. Just like how touching a black person cause cancer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Asian-American discrimination: Is medical schoo... Jul 21 Go Blue Forever 20
News Appalachian School of Law Continues to Struggle Jul 20 Not much hope 13
News Bangert: Awkward! Education reform called out a... Jul 18 Bob 21
News Halton public elementary teachers joining incre... Jul 18 Bob 10
News See What Gym Class Was Like 50 Years Ago Jul 18 Bob 41
News Why the Asian-American Lawsuit Against Harvard ... Jul 16 Ainu 1
News Teacher Starri Hedges speaks out about sex shop... Jul 9 Bob 7
More from around the web