Saginaw gospel singer Jessica Reedy competes on BET's "Sunday Best"

Mar 2, 2009 Full story: Saginaw News 24

Instead, the spirit lifted her to the top ranks of BET's "Sunday Best" gospel music competition.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shantoria Brown

Flint, MI

#1 Mar 30, 2009
My cuzins use to sing with her for this guy and thats when she was 16!!! i didnt know that was her on tv untill my aunt and my cuzins told me...she look so mature now....:-) keep it up gurl cuz u truly are Sunday's Best!!!!!
laverne meeks

United States

#2 Apr 20, 2009
Jessica - Thank you dearest. I have not heard a new style in a long time...it's not the word nor the feeling, it's the voice. I will love to buy your cd - hurry up and make it
Lucretia Holland

Riverside, NJ

#3 Apr 24, 2009
Jessica, you are truely blessed with a natural gift. You put so much feeling into the songs you sing. Those feelings are therefore transferred onto your audience. When BeBe and Mary Mary say they're speechless, it's no joke. You are really sending and setting a feel good atmosphere and it's amazing when one can get in tune through the television. Good Luck to you, keep up the good work, and I'm in your corner. You definitely have my votes.
Lucretia Holland

Riverside, NJ

#4 Apr 24, 2009
Shantoria Brown wrote:
My cuzins use to sing with her for this guy and thats when she was 16!!! i didnt know that was her on tv untill my aunt and my cuzins told me...she look so mature now....:-) keep it up gurl cuz u truly are Sunday's Best!!!!!
She is definitely Sunday's Best
Lucretia Holland

Riverside, NJ

#5 Apr 24, 2009
laverne meeks wrote:
Jessica - Thank you dearest. I have not heard a new style in a long time...it's not the word nor the feeling, it's the voice. I will love to buy your cd - hurry up and make it
I'm waiting to buy her CD as well. It's something when one stops in their tracks just to listen to her. Her voice just have that grasping power.
LaToya H

United States

#6 May 3, 2009
Jessica I'm so amazed how such a young woman like yourself can have such an "amazing" voice!!! You have a gift from GOD and I would love to keep hearing you sing. Continue allowib g GOD to use you and I pray that you stay blesses and I'm praying you win Sunday Best.
maria torres

Castile, NY

#7 May 4, 2009
i just iove the way you sing you can sing ant thing and sound good
Jessica Reedy

United States

#8 May 4, 2009
I am one that started watching Sunday Best about 2 months ago, and since then I've been keeping up with the talented singers. Jessica has been my favorite since the beginning she has a very special humblenees about her voice and swag. When I hear her voice I can truly feel the words in the music come alive in me.Her voice is truly unique and annointed I wish her the best for she has truly blessed my life with her voice.
Queen E
Shreveport LA
brenda

Tulsa, OK

#9 May 5, 2009
jessica i'm glad you can sing but your style of music puts me to sleep i'm not ready for that kinda of gospel music for sunday best needs to be up lifting not putting you to sleep wish you well but i see using your past to win this that's wrong especially when the question was asked last sunday you went back to i want you to feel sorry for me again song and mary mary fell for it but i didn't if you win you win but don't play us with that feel sorry for me song i tried of it.....
Lady G from Saginaw

Saint Charles, MI

#10 May 5, 2009
Hi Brenda. After reading your comments, I felt compelled to respond. I know Jessica personally. She comes from a "singing family" who's always had high hopes for her success. I understand the stress that PKs (preacher's kids) have on them, because I'm a PK. Jessica was not only a great singer, but a honor student (just short of a 4.0 - with a full ride to college, and she was super-popular (homecoming queen of her class). When she went away to school and got pregnant, it was a much greater ordeal than she has actually shared. Please don't take her testimony as a "feel sorry for me" appeal. The girl WAS seriously at the top of her game. She won a Gold Medal at the NAACP ACTSO competition in Wash. D.C. right before going away to college, and was expected to make us all proud. When she came home, she was ashamed, and felt that she had let all of the people who love her down. To have God open a door for her through Sunday Best is a miracle. If you knew her, you would know that she doesn't have a hypocritical bone in her body. She's not playin' the judges. She's simply "destined for success." Even if you don't like her style, you must admit that the GIRL CAN SING. Her technique and tone is phenomenal. She's always been poised, and her beauty is icing on the cake. Believe me, if you met her, you would fall in love with her. She has a sense of humor that would keep you laughing, and her genuine spirit is refreshing. My husband (who's a pastor) has watched her grow up in Saginaw. I remember, he came home one day about a year ago and told me that he had seen Jessica at the store. He told me that she looked so sad. He ministered to her and told her that he would be praying that God would open a door for her.

"The effectual, fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much;" and Jessica has had many saints praying for her. God knows her heart. Please don't misjudge her.

Be blessed.
brenda wrote:
jessica i'm glad you can sing but your style of music puts me to sleep i'm not ready for that kinda of gospel music for sunday best needs to be up lifting not putting you to sleep wish you well but i see using your past to win this that's wrong especially when the question was asked last sunday you went back to i want you to feel sorry for me again song and mary mary fell for it but i didn't if you win you win but don't play us with that feel sorry for me song i tried of it.....
carolyn kirkendoll

Phoenix, AZ

#11 May 5, 2009
Wow,i can't believe all the negative things that i am hearing about this girl.I don't even know her and her voice and her passion in her songs have touched me deeply.I have listened to her singing over and over and i am far from sleepy.Uplifting is more like it.,you can feel the blessings that she has received through her singing and i love it!!!!Jessica please don't let all those negative people discourage your blessings and the way you touch others.When i watched you sing "god has smiled on me"i did'nt want it to end and i have watched it over and over and i'm still not tired of it.You are truly sunday best,god bless you and keep up the good work for God and continue to uplift people though your song.I LOVE YOU AND YOUR SINGING!!!!!!!!!!
Nitta j

Alpharetta, GA

#12 May 6, 2009
Jessica has been a breath of fresh air to the body of Christ. She has an unmistakeable anointing all over her. To God be the Glory for her gift and her testimony and the saints who have been praying for the joy of her salvation to be restored. Anyone in tuned with the spirit of Christ can feel her sincerity. If you are falling asleep on the anointing on her gift, maybe you need to check the "darkness" in your own heart and wake up and embrace what God is doing in her life. If your gonna hate, hate the devil for trying to destroy her destiny and praise our Heavenly Father who is turning it all around for her good. GOD IS AWESOME!
alexis shaw

United States

#13 May 8, 2009
i dont like u suck u sing like a dog and a cat. i wish u were never born. u think u all that and u aint. so shut up and stop singing cause u suck. and im only 11 talking about u.
Salena Smith

Dallas, TX

#15 May 11, 2009
Jessica, you are an annointed singer with a gift that God has given especially to you for such a time as this. You bring me to tears every time I hear you sing. Stay blessed, and stay in the will of God. It is not by accident that you did not win Sunday Best, for God has something much greater in store for you. Seek him in all your future endeavors, and I can't wait until your CD comes out!!!

Much Love.
ray tillman

Rockford, IL

#16 May 12, 2009
That,s ok GOD have smiled on you and he have the same thing you wanted so much but bigger,so don't give up keep on going it's only a test to make you stronger for whats next to come. GOD BLESS YOU,jessica
Erica Lawson

Tampa, FL

#17 May 13, 2009
Jessica, I thank God for the anointing that is evidenced in your life. My dream has always been to open a gospel jazz club where christian people could come relax and be inspired. I was elated to find someone else who shares in the love of gospel jazz in addition to my girl Kim Burrell. I'm so excited. The fullness of your dream will certainly come to pass, and it gives me hope for mine. May God continue to bless and keep you. The best is yet to come! I can't wait for your first project to drop so I can purchase it. Continue to stay focused and your gifts will make room for you. Your fan club starts here!
LDR

Mc Lean, VA

#18 May 16, 2009
We need to be careful what we say, we can speak life or death. I hope noone felt sorry for her, everyone has a story, what's wrong with telling folks where God brought you from. Her testimony is awesome, do you know how many young girls have gotten pregnant, and thought and felt just like she did. I hope someone now knows that "His plans are to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us hope and a future (Jer 29:11). Knowing where God brought her from is uplifting. Every song she sang was uplifting. I thank God for her and her testimony. Wherever He brought you from and whatever He brought you out of I'm sure it is worth telling, too. To God Be The Glory, for all that He has done, and will do.
brenda wrote:
LDR

Sarasota, FL

#19 May 16, 2009
Thank you and God Bless You. I love Jessica and her gifting. I can't wait for her CD to come out.
Lady G from Saginaw wrote:
Hi Brenda. After reading your comments, I felt compelled to respond. I know Jessica personally. She comes from a "singing family" who's always had high hopes for her success. I understand the stress that PKs (preacher's kids) have on them, because I'm a PK. Jessica was not only a great singer, but a honor student (just short of a 4.0 - with a full ride to college, and she was super-popular (homecoming queen of her class). When she went away to school and got pregnant, it was a much greater ordeal than she has actually shared. Please don't take her testimony as a "feel sorry for me" appeal. The girl WAS seriously at the top of her game. She won a Gold Medal at the NAACP ACTSO competition in Wash. D.C. right before going away to college, and was expected to make us all proud. When she came home, she was ashamed, and felt that she had let all of the people who love her down. To have God open a door for her through Sunday Best is a miracle. If you knew her, you would know that she doesn't have a hypocritical bone in her body. She's not playin' the judges. She's simply "destined for success." Even if you don't like her style, you must admit that the GIRL CAN SING. Her technique and tone is phenomenal. She's always been poised, and her beauty is icing on the cake. Believe me, if you met her, you would fall in love with her. She has a sense of humor that would keep you laughing, and her genuine spirit is refreshing. My husband (who's a pastor) has watched her grow up in Saginaw. I remember, he came home one day about a year ago and told me that he had seen Jessica at the store. He told me that she looked so sad. He ministered to her and told her that he would be praying that God would open a door for her.
"The effectual, fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much;" and Jessica has had many saints praying for her. God knows her heart. Please don't misjudge her.
Be blessed.
<quoted text>
Seattle99

Portland, OR

#20 May 16, 2009
Jessica,

What a blessing is has been to watch you on Sundays Best. Even though you didn't receive the title of "Sundays Best" God always does what's best. You are truly special. That recording deal was not for you. God is so awesome, he wants you to be surrounded by whats right not what's right now. Be still and watch God put all the pieces in place. I can't wait to be blessed by your amazing ministry. God Bless you and God keep you.
Vernon VA

Gloucester, VA

#21 Jan 10, 2010
Sista, Jessica
WOW,some time has passed since the competition and i've recently seen a replay and the anointing, passion and class you display is still just as strong as the first time I saw you.I look forwaed to seeing more of you in the future.God Bless you and keep pressing toward the mark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Harvard Unfair to Asian-Americans? 14 hr Best Of The Best 1
Sex in ACT? Anything goes (Dec '11) Dec 25 mikk0420688427 37
Diversity Perversity (Apr '11) Dec 21 The New Cool Warrior 7
Amity High School To Present Play About Survivo... Dec 19 Frank 13
Hundreds of Colorado high school students refus... Dec 12 Innocent Still 21
Campus safety concerns Dec 7 Phil 4
This Week In The War On Women, November 23-29, ... Dec 7 LineDazzle 2
More from around the web