NAACP questions hiring of Danville High School principal

Jun 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Advocate Online

The local NAACP president has officially voiced his dissatisfaction with the Danville High School principal hiring process and believes a Danville native should have been interviewed for the recently filled position.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2012
un-biased

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Ridiculous.
I applaud the Danville School System for identifying the better qualified candidate.
agree

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

I think it's completely ridiculous that the NAACP is involved in this. Apparently their black candidate has a very bad history with the educational system. Why would we even consider him as a good candidate, whether black or white!! I hate that that NAACP has to make this a race thing. Get over it! This is 2012, race crap isn't an issue. It is your qualifications that gets you where you are. If you have been involved in the biggest cheating thing in Atlanta, think about it... you're not the best candidate!!!! I don't care what color you are!!!
un-biased

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Yes, Im so tired of everything having to be racialy motivated by this guy. In my oppinion he is the racist for wanting to put someone with the same color skin as him ahead of another applicant who is more highly qualified. Just like the article said, they cose candidates on the merit of thier application which didnt even show the applicants race.
lucky

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

You know, I am so surprised that this fellow is acting the way he is. He was an umpire when I played church softball many years ago. I thought he was sooo special and sooo fair. I guess he isn't the man that I thought he was when I was a child. I never thought he would side with someone just because of the color of their skin; I really thought he was a good judge of character and liked all people equally. It makes me very sad and I have even thought of writing him a personal letter just to let him know how disappointed I am in some of his ideas. I know it probably wouldn't matter, but I would feel better about it. Very disappointed!!!
WTF

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

Affirmative Action= Reverse Discrimination
un-biased

Wellsburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

WTF wrote:
Affirmative Action= Reverse Discrimination
AMEN BROTHER !!
I agree 100%

Race, Creed, & Color have no place in hiring decisions
dang call the naacp

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Yip theiy did not evin call me and tells me thay be hiring a new principal.
I would shurley took the job, good place to work my game with all them school teacha's and big paychicks thay kould payup fer the best dope I gots!
TRUTH

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Saddest part of this NONSENSE is the fact that 2 board members have stepped down to allow for more DIVERSIFICATION amongst the board.

The most qualified INDIVIDUAL (regardless of race) should be chosen!!!!

way to go NAACP for all of your great work (SARCASM)

you make unracist people want to be racist
un-biased

Wellsburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Here's another good example. Romney is invited to speak at the NAACP convention. He has the balls to go and speak knowing that his platform isn't popular with that group. They Boo him, but if he hadn't have gone they would have screamed that he was racist. Very classy (and racist) of ya' NAACP.
in my own words

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Yeah, so, I'm trying to understand the logic of the NAACP. They feel as though race should have a part in the hiring process? Lets see, there's a word for that.......
Get your facts straight

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

TRUTH wrote:
Saddest part of this NONSENSE is the fact that 2 board members have stepped down to allow for more DIVERSIFICATION amongst the board.
The most qualified INDIVIDUAL (regardless of race) should be chosen!!!!
way to go NAACP for all of your great work (SARCASM)
you make unracist people want to be racist
Just for the record, two members resigned from another board in Danville....NOT the school board. They resigned because the mayor dismissed a committee member without ever speaking to her (according to published information), removing the only minoirty and woman (one person) from the board. One resigned in protest, the other because he plans to run for city commission.
naw

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

un-biased wrote:
Here's another good example. Romney is invited to speak at the NAACP convention. He has the balls to go and speak knowing that his platform isn't popular with that group. They Boo him, but if he hadn't have gone they would have screamed that he was racist. Very classy (and racist) of ya' NAACP.
they was not booing,they were comunikatin' boo haaa booo means need more bannana's

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Now maybe the NAACP will shut up. They have their token black person in adminstration now as asst principal.
big bubba

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

is a dem melins ripe yit dar boss?
wannano

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

They sure did get what they wanted! Good luck with this one; I worked with him at Mercer....Goooood Lucccccck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Standardized Testing Discussions

Search the Standardized Testing Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Poor teens' health may benefit from top schools 3 hr Phil 11
Classroom security: What you should (not) do Jul 23 Deathly Jericho Walls 4
Researchers Say Better Schools May Be Remedy fo... Jul 21 Maltamon 1
Slow Homeschooling Jul 20 CENSORED BY TENNESSEE 8
La. children deserve higher stands for education Jul 20 Maltamon 3
This is no cure for summertime blues Jul 19 DildoJabsWidow 1
East Lancs headteacher's letter to students goe... Jul 16 Doctor Jekyll Winces 1
•••
•••