Texas honor student thrown in jail fo...

Texas honor student thrown in jail for missing school: 11th-grader working two jobs...

There are 2 comments on the Free Republic story from May 28, 2012, titled Texas honor student thrown in jail for missing school: 11th-grader working two jobs.... In it, Free Republic reports that:

A 17-year-old high school student working two jobs to support her siblings, while juggling college-level classes, spent 24 hours in jail this week for missing too much school, KHOU 11 News reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Mesa, AZ

#1 May 28, 2012
People of Willis, TX, please help this young lady! I would send her money if I could. I just could not believe there is no one in her own school and own town care enough to assist more?!

Madison, AL

#2 May 29, 2012
Judge Lanny Moriarty is a pompous a$$. Good folks of Willis, hopefully you can vote him out of office. Unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Malia Obama navigating college decision-making ... 44 min Fox-Racist-Propag... 110
News Education impossible (Feb '14) Fri WNC 5
News A dozen schools down but just 1 will get Obama'... Thu Davy 2
News Home-school kids could have to prove they're ac... Nov 24 Phil Salford 39
News Mountain School at Winhall names new Head of Sc... (Feb '14) Nov 22 Maltaman 3
News Bethel Park asks for community feedback in supe... Nov 22 Corbet 5
News Paterson Eastside High teacher accused of helpi... Nov 21 WNC 3
More from around the web