Cassandra Garcia, 8-Year-Old Student, Upset After Teacher Gave Her 'Catastrophe Award'

May 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Huffington Post

Garcia's mother, Christina Valdez, was outraged by the incident, claiming the teacher humiliated her daughter in public for no reason.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2012
w_t_f

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

So the girl's mom was unaware that her child was not completing assigned homework? Or the mom thought the child should not be expected to complete homework assignments? Not sure what the issue is. Next will there be an article that a child is upset that the teacher requires them to raise their hand before speaking in class?
Black Kettle

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

How would this teacher like it if her students posted something embarrassing about her on Facebook? Educators are supposed to set the example.

Maybe if poking fun at someone and embarrassing them in front of their peers works for those who make excuses for their failures, we should embarrass the educators of this country. They have the most excuses for why our educational system lags behind other developed countries.

And we should start with Ms. Gigi Plowman.
http://www.facebook.com/people/Gigi-Plowman/1...
Black Kettle

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

w_t_f wrote:
So the girl's mom was unaware that her child was not completing assigned homework? Or the mom thought the child should not be expected to complete homework assignments? Not sure what the issue is. Next will there be an article that a child is upset that the teacher requires them to raise their hand before speaking in class?
I guess you don't recall the story about the teacher getting the students expelled because they made fun of her on Facebook. Gigi Plowman and that principal should have their pictures posted on facebook and craigslist so they can see how it feels to be embarrassed.
old dirt farmer

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

I just want to know,.........did the little poor thing at least get a "trophy" for just showing up ?????.....I recall on day in the 3rd grade (wayyyyyy back in the '50's) I had to sit in the corner with a dunce hat on my head, IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE CLASS because I was fukin off in class !!!.......guess what ? It only happened once !!!
Robert Callert

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

OMG!!!! I refuse to believe that some people are so racist that they will automatically jump to the defense of a Anglo teacher against an Hispanic student and immediately take sides without knowing any of the facts. 1. This is TOTAL BS. The child does her homework.(Do yours before you comment and expose your stupidity) 2. This is a CHARTER school that believes it does not have to play by the rules (OBVIOUSLY) 3. All of the experts PLAINLY state that this inappropriate behavior towards a small child. 4. THIS IS AN 8 YEAR OLD, NOT A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT. Now I will wait for all of the “I’M NOT RACIST” Lies to pour in. You people are as transparent as a pane of glass!!! I bet you claim to be Christian as well and you wonder why Arizona is the laughing stock of the Nation.
MaltaMon

Dorval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

What that kid needs is some serious nude swimming, followed by a good bare-bottom spanking!
MaltaMon

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

MaltaMon wrote:
What that kid needs is some serious nude swimming, followed by a good bare-bottom spanking!
Another sicko nude-child abuse fantasy from Pedo Bob, posing again as me (but note the location of origin--"Dorval, Canada"--which is none other than Pedo Bob's..again too stupid to be more creative in avenging me... and much too stupid to think of modifying the location of origin of his "revenge" postings of sicko nude-child-obsessed fantasies)... using his need for revenge at me, because I'm onto him, as another opportunity to post the smut to which he then masturbates. This is a very sick, very dangerous child predator who should not be accorded any more respect than any other child rapist merits from civilized people.
MaltaMon

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Check out many more vintage Pedo Bob postings (ca 2008) on the thread that he created after my own screen name, "MaltaMon Outed!"

http://www.topix.com/forum/education/TLT6UF8D ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Standardized Testing Discussions

Search the Standardized Testing Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Classroom security: What you should (not) do 15 hr Deathly Jericho Walls 4
Poor teens' health may benefit from top schools 15 hr Deathly Jericho Walls 6
Researchers Say Better Schools May Be Remedy fo... Jul 21 Maltamon 1
Slow Homeschooling Jul 20 CENSORED BY TENNESSEE 8
La. children deserve higher stands for education Jul 20 Maltamon 3
This is no cure for summertime blues Jul 19 DildoJabsWidow 1
East Lancs headteacher's letter to students goe... Jul 16 Doctor Jekyll Winces 1
•••
•••