St. Rose Academy looks for funds to r...

St. Rose Academy looks for funds to remain open

There are 6 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from Apr 19, 2012, titled St. Rose Academy looks for funds to remain open. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:

The economy has been brutal to educators over the last four years, causing staff reductions, furloughs, increased class sizes and a host of other cuts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.

Anon

Peachtree City, GA

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Gee, do you think that maybe local Catholics are a little tired of watching their hard earned money being used to educate illegal alien brats? I knew when this school opened it couldn't last. Too many scholarships for not enough locals. It's a shame to see our faith hijacked by people with such an obvious agenda.
Bless your heart

Carrollton, GA

#2 Apr 20, 2012
Anon wrote:
Gee, do you think that maybe local Catholics are a little tired of watching their hard earned money being used to educate illegal alien brats? I knew when this school opened it couldn't last. Too many scholarships for not enough locals. It's a shame to see our faith hijacked by people with such an obvious agenda.
You're correct..local Catholics cannot afford the price..Sure is funny I went to Catholic School in another state and it was free.
Anon

Tucker, GA

#3 Apr 20, 2012
I have yet to understand why the Catholic Church does not financially back this school. Perhaps, if they were not paying out settlements etc... for the priest sex abuse scandal they would have more money.
A Mom

Douglasville, GA

#4 Apr 20, 2012
Anon wrote:
I have yet to understand why the Catholic Church does not financially back this school. Perhaps, if they were not paying out settlements etc... for the priest sex abuse scandal they would have more money.
If a baptist school opens should the baptist have to support it? Just because a school has baptist in it doesn't mean its part of the church.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#5 Apr 20, 2012
They do charge tuition, don't they?
Blah Blah

Peachtree City, GA

#6 Apr 21, 2012
Anon wrote:
This school had the opportunity to be part of the Atlanta Diocese but decided against it. In order to receive approval/be affiliated the school would actually have to give a portion of their tuition to the Diocese. Isn't that a bunch of bull! So they decided to stay independent. Can't say that I blame them. That way they can stay true to their mission and not have to follow directives from people who only want to make money off of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standardized Testing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Asian Americans Are Fighting For Our Own Educat... Aug '17 YouDidntBuildThat 5
News ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr to actively camp... Aug '17 Wallace 3
News Activist delivers 'Black Education Matters' speech (Oct '16) Aug '17 davidanderson233332 13
News Syracuse has the worst SAT scores in NY: Why it... Jul '17 DoubleStandard 1
News Tennessee Education Commissioner Candice McQuee... Jul '17 Cost of isreal 1
News Transgender Activist, Vampire Novelist Running ... Jul '17 TerriB1 1
News U.S. reps respond to anti-Sharia law marches in... Jul '17 Mikey 83
More from around the web