School voucher bill hits a snag, vote...

School voucher bill hits a snag, vote postponed to April 26

There are 4 comments on the York Dispatch story from Apr 12, 2011, titled School voucher bill hits a snag, vote postponed to April 26. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

HARRISBURG, Pa.- A bill in the state Senate that would allow more children to attend private schools in Pennsylvania with taxpayer help is encountering trouble.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Enough

York, PA

#1 Apr 12, 2011
You want your kids to go to private school, then you pay for them or send them to public schools, which you are already paying for.
mac

AOL

#2 Apr 12, 2011
Enough wrote:
You want your kids to go to private school, then you pay for them or send them to public schools, which you are already paying for.

I'll tell you what , you pay for yours , I'll pay for mine ! The way it is I help pay for yours , but my children don't cost you a dime . Are you one of those who believes everyone else should pay your way ?
Blissfreak

York, PA

#3 Apr 12, 2011
I have no problem supporting the bill as long as the private schools must play by the same rules public schools do.
They(private schools) must take all students who apply and then keep them regardless of behavior or disability. Not pick and choose, getting rid of the low students and behavior problems then touting themselves as successful. Lets see how long this lasts!!!!!!
In The Know

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Apr 13, 2011
Public schools blow the taxpayers money on big pay and benefits for their employees and large expensive facilities.

The private schools don't have the big pay and benefits for their teachersm or the supersize buildings and fields.

I would rather see my tax dollars go to the halls of learning than the taj mahals.

Because the RINO Republican leaders are unwilling to sell Senate Bill 1 this way the legislation is in trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

School Vouchers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas Senate aiming to move divisive bills at b... Thu Fundi farts 8
News The Cynical Dishonesty of Anti-Choice - Educati... Jun '17 Maltamon 1
News Nevada leaders deal blows to school vouchers, p... Jun '17 Maltamon 1
News What to Watch: Why school vouchers may be back ... May '17 Maltamon 5
News DeVos booed speaking at historically black univ... May '17 Bob 5
News Study Shows School Vouchers Hurt Students -- Bu... May '17 slick willie expl... 3
News Education Reform: Go Ahead, Sweat the Small Stuff May '17 Maltamon 1
More from around the web